Search Unity

fullscreen?

Discussion in 'Flash' started by pretender, Apr 1, 2012.

1. pretender

pretender

is full screen wokring for you in flash? it does not for me

2. Wolfos

Wolfos

You mean the new fullscreen? The Youtube/HTML5/Chrome/OS-X combination uses OS-X Lion built-in fullscreen. This is not possible in Flash (yet).

@pretender:
    Did you call fullscreen in Unity or in ActionScript? I also think (not sure) that Flash still can't use the keyboard in fullscreen applications, so it might be a bit useless anyway.

3. CharlieSkinner

CharlieSkinner

I believe full screen keyboard control is available as part of Flash Player 11.3. Currently in beta, more details here:

4. tripknotix

tripknotix

it seems calling full screen in unity does not infact call full screen in flash

5. DDowell

DDowell

Fullscreen can only be toggled through the user interacting with the player. Since all input in Unity is handled on OnGUI which is frame based you cannot toggle fullscreen from there. What you need is to create a flash display object and have that listen for mouse clicks etc and then toggle fullscreen from that event handler.

In a step-by-step fashion:
    1. Load unity through a Flash preloader SWF.
    2. Have unity trigger the display of a Sprite on screen (preferably where your button is in screen space).
    3. Setup a listener to said Sprite.
    4. React to mouse clicks directly on the sprite (circumventing Unity's Input handling). Toggle fullscreen by setting the Stage.displayState-property.

6. pretender

pretender

so it is possible to trigger fullscreen? i am new to flash is there any actual example of how to do this properly?

thanks!

7. DDowell

DDowell

You still need help with this? If so, I can post an example project for you.

8. DDowell

DDowell

9. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

manually setting the rect for rendering is fixed; scaling should be fine too. Furthermore, fullscreen with interactive also works ( all in 4.0 of course).

10. ice99

ice99

Can anybody supply small working example or a part of a code for "Fullscreen" button?

11. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

The scaling is fixed in Unity 4.0.

12. ice99

ice99

Sample of Fullscreen trigger pleeeease.

13. Onixcc

Onixcc

Project in the link seems to have some issues. Does anyone have an updated version that works? When i update the project all the scripts/materials/animations on the cube show as "missing"