Search Unity

Invasion - First Person Shooter Game of Epicness!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by SevenBits, Mar 29, 2012.

1. SevenBits

SevenBits

Dear all,

I have finally gotten around to finishing the second official alpha release of my first person shooter, Invasion. It features new and improved game play as well as increased graphic quality. I will be very happy if you play it - so good ahead, what have you got to lose? As usual, there is both a Windows and Mac OS X build included, and was built with the new, official 3.5 release.

DOWNLOAD HERE!!

I do have a request. In each level, there is an FPS counter. The game is programmed to stay at 30 FPS. Please tell me if it reaches that, along with your specs.

Features:

-Two complete scenes
    -One complete mission (sewer)
    -5 weapons (more or less)
    -Main menu and copyright screen

Uses Dastardly Banana FPS Weapons package. Models have been provided by them, but will be phased out ASAP. I already have some beta weapons, but they suck, so... yeah. Just download; the remaining copy is on the opening legal screen.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  2. Fishermen

Fishermen

it would probably help if you added like a little screenshot sooner. i don't trust plain links very much if i cant see what i am downloading or what i am going to download.

3. SevenBits

SevenBits

Edited post above. They're silently older screenshots, this build looks a little bit better b/c of light mapping.

Hope you download and play; it would be cool.

4. TehWut

TehWut

Um....you are using the DastardlyBanana models in your game...so I'm assuming you're also using the DB kit as well....

you are going to remove those models eventually right?

5. SevenBits

SevenBits

Of course, I have every intention to.

Did you actually play the game? Do you have any comments?

6. StormGamer

StormGamer

well i little review from what i have seen

the has too simple rooms, they are just simple blocks put toghether to form a corridor
    i got stuck on the part where you get a rocket launcher and didn´t knew what to do from there
    your rocket launcher, when you aim the camera goes back
    the shotgun´s aim is a bit to the left

the weapons scripts are looking great!
    just 1 thing, the sensivity of the mouse is a bit too high you should give players an option to change that

other than that the game look good

7. SevenBits

SevenBits

Actually, there are three rooms, but you can't enter the third until you destroy all three transmitters. They're the gray-ish boxes scattered around. The shotgun does them in fast, and the machine gun takes a little longer.

As I stated, your objective is to destroy the three transmitters. They are all on the ground; the room with with the rocket launcher has one. Yes, I know about the rocket aim thing, it's not a bug, but a feature. I'll have to change it.

Finally, I like the sensitivity, but I suppose I can add an option to change it. Also, what's your average FPS, and if you'd post your specs that'd be super.

8. SevenBits

SevenBits

Just wanted to confirm some information on the game.

The DB weapons package was included for the sole purpose of allowing to me avoid writing weapons scripts myself when something was already done by a third party. Either today or some time in the future I will post screenshots of WIP weapons being designed in Hexagon.

Additionally, in a few more days I should have another build going with some bug fixes and general improvements to the sewer map. For instance, I'm going to add things one would expect to see in a sewer, like flies and rats. Hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later.

9. SevenBits

SevenBits

Topic bump. Is no one seriously interested in this? I'd really appreciate your input.

Top of Topic

10. SevenBits

SevenBits