Unity Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Posts

Temple Run for Android SHIPS!

At long last, the port of the killer iOS game Temple Run to Android is done.

The iOS version has had 46 MILLION downloads so far. That's not a typo!!!

Originally written in ObjC/C++, the port to Unity took about three months of effort.

Features the great work by @ArenMook NGUI for User Interface:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/114...edback-request

It's free! Grab a copy and check it out on your 'droid:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...angi.templerun

2. Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    love this game!

3. Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Great success story. Well done

4. Posts
    Ha! I always though this was done in Unity3D! I never knew it was until now, .

I do wonder how you guys managed the procedural generation, any tips?

Thanks,

Scott.

5. Location
    London, England
    Thanks for this, I've now lost my phone to my fiancee.

Great job though

6. Location
    New Jersey
    Congratulations, and awesome work! Love the iOS version.

7. Location
    Germany (Hamburg)
    I play`d the game and it is very cool. Really nice man.
    http://www.playsmallgames.de

Freeway Racer 2 iOS: here
    Freeway Racer 2 Android here: Play Market

8. Location
    New Hampshire
    i never knew this was unity either, great job i love this game (and anything remotely indiana jones : )
    -O

9. Posts
    I'm running a Samsung Galaxy S, and when I select Objectives, Stats, and Options on the menu screen, and then press the in-game back button, instead of going back to the menu, the game may just shutdown. If it doesn't happen the first time, it happens on the 2nd or 3rd time. I tried this numerious times. It does not happen on the Store or More Coins screens.

I am on Android version 2.35. Specific model is SGH-I897 (that's an i, not a 1)

If you know someone with a Galaxy S, you should have him try it.

10. Posts
    I think the game is boring but GeoDefense is a fantastic game.

Any plans on making a new one?
    I can't use these two things together.

11. Posts
    @lockbox Yeah there's a bug... on some devices it crashes in rendering. Unity has the project and is looking into it.

@taumel Yep, new geoDefense in the works... being done in UNITY!

David

12. Posts
    By the way were over 1M downloads at this point. Currently at #3 on the Top New Free Apps. Aiming at the #1 spot, but of course ... you know... Angry Birds Space. (sigh)

13. Location
    Munich, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxdavid View Post
    By the way were over 1M downloads at this point. Currently at #3 on the Top New Free Apps. Aiming at the #1 spot, but of course ... you know... Angry Birds Space. (sigh)
    I want to have your problems ...
    My latest games:
    Driving Reckless on iOS/Android: http://drivingreckless.vidiludi.com
    Raccoon Rumble on iOS/Android: http://raccoonrumble.vidiludi.com
    Highway Run on iOS: http://highwayrun.vidiludi.com

http://www.vidiludi.com

14. Posts
    @nsxdavid
    Wow, great news! You don't wanna know how much time i put into playing this little game.
    I can't use these two things together.

15. Posts
    Flying past 2M downloads now... it's a rocket!

Of course the credit for its rocket-ness goes to Keith and Natalia at Imangi, not me. I just ported this sucker. Okay, if the port sucked ass, it wouldn't be doing this well. For this I take some credit. But also Unity...

Porting from C++/ObjC to Unity was far from straightforward. There is a Unity-way of doing things and it doesn't quite match what you'd do if you wrote your own engine. But it does mean we can take it to a lot of places more easily. And that's key to or strategy.

One thing that made this all a lot easier is NGUI. Quite simply the best UI system for Unity. It's in the asset store. I'm not affiliated with that in anyway, so this is a straight-up endorsement.

I also made use of Merling Prefab Lab... though honestly its a shame that's even needed. I know Unity's working on it though. Various things like Editor++ and of course several plugins from Prime31 for Android specific things (endorsements all around!)

David

16. Location
    New Hampshire
    You guys are all lucky. I haven't begun iOS work yet, even though I have the license. Sigh...

Want an easy way to boot Linux from a USB drives on Mac? Like, you don't need to install or change a thing easy? I thought so. Try Mac Linux USB Loader!
    (And the forum thread)

US President Obama wants to hand over the Internet to a multinational body. Sign the petition to keep the web free!

17. Posts
    It's not luck. Being one of those Mega Millions lottery winners.. that's luck. What you see here is nothing more than dogged persistence to create order out of chaos mixed with a lot of observation, a string of past failures to learn from, and a willingness to risk it all time and time again.

Want to know the secret? Finishing.

Bet most of you here have no trouble starting a new project, right? But notice how after awhile it gets harder and harder to make progress? And actually finishing something becomes way less tempting than just starting something new?

Now obviously if your idea isn't panning out, you have to know when to cut your losses.

But if you never finish something, I guarantee what you see happening here won't be in your future. Though finishing project won't guarantee riches, it's a necessary step in the that direction and an invaluable capacity one needs to develop.

The good news... it just takes determination, will and perseverance. Anyone can be a finisher. You just have to do it.

David

18. Location
    Cambodia
    I got a feeling that Temple Run is sort of made with Unity . I was right!!! hahaha!!! Anyway, I love this game. It's really addicting!!!

19. Location
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxdavid View Post
    It's not luck. Being one of those Mega Millions lottery winners.. that's luck. What you see here is nothing more than dogged persistence to create order out of chaos mixed with a lot of observation, a string of past failures to learn from, and a willingness to risk it all time and time again.

Want to know the secret? Finishing.

Bet most of you here have no trouble starting a new project, right? But notice how after awhile it gets harder and harder to make progress? And actually finishing something becomes way less tempting than just starting something new?

Now obviously if your idea isn't panning out, you have to know when to cut your losses.

But if you never finish something, I guarantee what you see happening here won't be in your future. Though finishing project won't guarantee riches, it's a necessary step in the that direction and an invaluable capacity one needs to develop.

The good news... it just takes determination, will and perseverance. Anyone can be a finisher. You just have to do it.

David
    Maybe. But regardless, even if you finished something, that doesn't mean it'll be a success. I mean, I see lots of Unity games that don't look like they have a lot of downloads. It's about getting your app out there to potential customers, and sometimes that fails.

Overall, great advice. I feel the same way. I hope you overtake Rovio and their birds... (also, no offense, but I never was a big fan of Temple Run; never downloaded it - but good luck all the same).

Want an easy way to boot Linux from a USB drives on Mac? Like, you don't need to install or change a thing easy? I thought so. Try Mac Linux USB Loader!
    (And the forum thread)

US President Obama wants to hand over the Internet to a multinational body. Sign the petition to keep the web free!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast