Search Unity

Using Grabpass IOS/Android devices

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by brn, Mar 27, 2012.

1. brn

brn

I hoping others might be able to confirm if Grabpass works on IOS/Android devices when the following conditions are as follows.

1) Using Pro version of IOS or Android
    2) Using latest IOS SDK and Lion
    3) Using either Unity 3.4 or 3.5

If there are any other conditions that need to be set such as using a specific buffer format ect it would be great to know.

Trying to avoid chasing a red herring especially when its going to cost 2k in hardware and licences to find out it doesn't work.

Kind regards,
    Bruno

2. nsxdavid

nsxdavid

Hey Bruno,

If you have a simple project that performs the test you want, I can check both for you.

David

3. brn

brn

Hi nsxdavid,

Thanks for the reply, but since the first post I have investigated other methods of capturing data for the framebuffer on IOS. Which have proven to be several times faster than the inbuilt Grab pass method. On an Ipod4 in HD the frame rate was dropping to about 20fps when only using the grab pass method without drawing anything in the scene. So far setting up custom render textures and blitting between them seems to be the best performance based option I have found. Im finding it to be practical in a full game environment for a target frame rate of 30fps in HD on Ipod4.

thanks for your kind offer, But the issue is resolved.

Cheers,
    Bruno