Search Unity

Player Health

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Student1499, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Student1499

Student1499

Hello Guys

Hereßs Dylan. I`ve got some problem with the Healthbar. There`s always a error code : Assets/Standard Assets/Scripts/Utility Scripts/PlayerHealth .cs(18,107): error CS1525: Unexpected symbol `;', expecting `)', or `,'.

But I don`t get it. I used the same symbols. What`s wrong? Here?s the script:

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;

public class PlayerHealth : MonoBehaviour {
    public int maxHealth = 100;
    public int curHealth = 100;

// Use this for initialization
    void Start () {

}

// Update is called once per frame
    void Update () {
    }

void OnGUI (){
    GUI.Box (new Rect(10, 10, Screen.width / 2 / (maxHealth / curHealth)), curHealth + "/" + maxHealth;

}
    }

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. tigerfoot

tigerfoot

Well you're missing a ")" at the end of line 18

Code (csharp):
    2. GUI.Box (new Rect(10, 10, Screen.width / 2 / (maxHealth / curHealth)), curHealth + "/" + maxHealth);

3. Student1499

Student1499

Thanks, but now there´s a new erroc code :(

Assets/Standard Assets/Scripts/Utility Scripts/PlayerHealth.cs(18,70): error CS1729: The type `UnityEngine.Rect' does not contain a constructor that takes `3' arguments

Assets/Standard Assets/Scripts/Utility Scripts/PlayerHealth.cs(18,5): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEngine.GUI.Box(UnityEngine.Rect, string)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/Standard Assets/Scripts/Utility Scripts/PlayerHealth.cs(18,5): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `UnityEngine.Rect'

What do I need to do? I copy the right version from you in, but it now there´s a new error code

4. Zethariel1

Zethariel1

Your Rect has only 3 properties -- 10, 10 and that Screen.width. Add the last, 4th one, and try and read the error code more in-peth -- they usually provide a specific thing you need to fix (in this case, only 3 arguments instead of 4 on the Rect)

5. Wabsta

Wabsta

This is not how you are going to learn how to code..
    You should be able to debug stuff yourself. When I saw your code, I immediately saw that there was a ")" missing.

Maybe you should be coding some simple applications first, do some tutorials to really understand how to code, and then dive into Unity.

6. laserlars

laserlars

Always close what you've opened. { } ( ) < >

7. tigerfoot

tigerfoot

You forgot [ ]. :)