Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Visual Audio Zones - needs testing, feedback

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by DaveA, Mar 24, 2012.

1. DaveA

DaveA

Hey all,

I've got this add-on which lets you completely customize audio (audio zones). Where normal audio sources are spherical, and placing one on one side of a wall will not stop the sound from going through that wall (for example), this system will let you fix that easily. Complete audio customization! And you can overlap as many as you like to blend different sources. A simple example would be in an office building where there is ambient street noise outside (not so much inside), interior ambiance in hallways, elevator muzak, and whatever spread around. You can have 'dead zones' right at the source, literally anything you can imagine.

Anyone need this? Interested? I just need some feedback on how easy it is, how well it works, how it could be better, and what features would be good to give away vs put in a 'pro' package for sale.

Will post some examples very soon.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  2. sonicviz

sonicviz

Sounds interesting. I'd like to see it! (puns intended;-)

3. DaveA

DaveA

4. sonicviz

sonicviz

kk, ty. reading!

5. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

Looks fascinating. Do you draw the bitmaps in the editor or do you have to draw them externally and then import and scale to size?

Wondering how well this would work in m outside environments, although for use going in and out of buildings it would seem excellent.

What about a building with 2 floors, can you build by height as well as by area?

Would be interested to talk abou this

Regards

Moria

6. DaveA

DaveA

Moria,
    You would probably make them externally. You can use the import settings to tweak scale and placement too. See my link there for a live demo with some outdoor ideas.
    Multiple floors can be done, and a 'pro' version will support volumetrics.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012