Search Unity

Flash Export

Discussion in 'Flash' started by SevenBits, Mar 20, 2012.

1. SevenBits

SevenBits

W00t! One of the first to post in here!

To 3.5 users: can you still export to Flash, or upon the official release did UT make it another license?

2. RoLLeT

RoLLeT

Em..I am one of the first person to post :p but whatever and cool you can still export to flash!

3. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Just to be clear, this is not an indication of the official release. We are still in "preview mode" but decided a dedicated section on the forums would be helpful to people starting to develop on this new platform.

4. SevenBits

SevenBits

Oh, I understand completely. By "official release", I was referring to the now non-beta status of Unity 3.5, and wanted to know if upon the 3.5 release, UT make Flash a paid add-on like iOS. It is now my understanding the answer is no, as there is no option to purchase a Flash license for the Unity store. Am I correct in my assumption?

5. Farleykent

Farleykent

Can Flash export an animation that uses actionscript in a form other than SWF?
    Here's my problem. I made an animation in Macromedia Flash 8, and it uses Actionscript for several things of my animations. I need to edit this animation in another program later, and to do this, need to export it as a PNG sequence.

6. Lucas Meijer_old

Lucas Meijer_old

@SevenBits, flash publishing is still in preview mode. Feel free to use it. It will eventually be a seperate license (no info yet on pricing, we hope to get that to you soon) when it looses the preview status.

7. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

@Farleykent; this forum is about Unity's Flash Export feature, not so much about Flash IDE / or Flash specific issues; you'll probably have more success on a more Flash oriented forum, outside of the Unity forums.

8. pretender

pretender

i noticed that Mathf.SmoothStep does not work with flash..it does not give me any errors it just does not work. is there any workarounds for this..

thanks!

9. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

I just ran a test to verify, but Mathf.SmoothStep seems to work fine; maybe it's another problem ? Can you describe it a bit further ?