I'm the COO and Creative Director of a new web and mobile game studio, LCD Dreams, Inc. Last summer we began work on a demo for a new "groundbreaking" multiplayer social RPG called Banished: The Reckoning. The game as a whole isn't what's groundbreaking - it's a combination of some of the mechanics (which have been done individually but not really combined) and the fact that the social/mobile industry is still in its infancy more or less, so there are very few games like this on web or mobile.
Unfortunately, our developer is no longer able to work on the project. We're trying to get all of the code and assets from him, but we're facing some...challenges.
So what we need right now most of all is a new Unity developer. We may need one or more 3D artists as well if we aren't able to retrieve all of the assets (we have some of them). Ideally the developer would be local to the bay area, CA so that we can collaborate in person. We're looking for people who want to invest in this project and believe in it as we do.
We do have a little money left, and we're submitting to kickstarter to try to get more (I'll post the link here once it's up). However, as I said, we want someone to become part of the team. We're prepared to offer a share of the company and of course salary and benefits once we're able to provide them. Of course, we understand most people need to pay bills and such, so hopefully we can cover a certain amount with cash for now.
Ok, now for some info on the game itself:
- A role-playing game with a focus on mid-core social gameplay, replayability, and full 3D graphics.
- Social MMORPGs so far have only been text and image based, very repetitive, and containing little depth; Banished takes the social MMORPG into the fully graphical realm with instanced adventures, 3D multiplayer gameplay, and live social chat.
- Free to play with a microtransaction business model: income would result from players purchasing special in-game items or premium adventures and classes.
- Engaging for both single player and multiplayer; offline players are able to set their characters to be hireable for adventures with other players, earning rewards without even needing to play (but will earn even more rewards if they do play).
- Dynamically changing world system based on players’ choices
- Players gather in a central town to socialize, team up, and hire henchmen (offline players) to go adventuring, and all adventures are instanced to provide more personal, intimate experiences for the players without concern of disruption.
- Customizable physical characteristics and gear that change the appearance of the character.
- Beautiful, stylized graphics with saturated colors and high contrast of light and shadow for an intense visual experience.
- Intimate, enticing music with realistic sound f/x providing an exciting atmosphere.
- High replayability due to multiple character races and classes and a large number of adventures with more added on a constant basis by both developers and players using a publicly available adventure/level design tool.
We realize this is an ambitious project, and it may not all be created in the first version. But we want to get as much of it as possible to ensure it's a fun, enticing, and successful title. See below for concept art.
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you're interested. Please provide a resume and examples of your work and be prepared to provide references if we invite you for an interview.
Thanks for reading.
Concept art (more can be seen at http://angel.co/lcd-dreams):