Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ramp Runner - Simple Android game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by FPSyndicate, Mar 17, 2012.

1. FPSyndicate

FPSyndicate

$RampRunner copy.jpg
    So my brother and i are making our first Android game called Ramp Runner. Its a really simple idea for a game, but from past experience (we made it in the blender game engine previously) it is really addicting.

The cool thing about Ramp Runner is that the levels are generated completely randomly, but get more difficult as you go. The game could technically continue on infinitely, but it does get very difficult after a few minutes.

The game is simple. You are a ball and want to get as far as you can because distance = points. It seems really easy at first, that is until you catch the edge of a ramp and wipe out. It's just easy enough to where you think you can get farther each time. There will be at least six different modes, each with its own features, goals, and obstacles. (For example, techno mode has Gravity Lifts, De-Rezzers, ect. A lot less boring than orginal mode)

Oh, and we are going to add an achievement system, with hundreds of achievements to give a larger goal to the game and maybe even multi-player races! It still has a ways to go. Not much to say about it except that you should just go ahead and play it yourself. The link to the online version is below:

Here's the site: http://FPSyndicate.webs.com
    and a direct link to

I'll gladly take any suggestions or comments you have!

If you liked the game, or anything else, or just because you can, Like us on Facebook! Spread the word, because we want a big audience by the release date :)http://www.facebook.com/FPSyndicate

Thanks all! Looking forward to your support and feedback :)

[Yes i know the words are cut off a little, it was designed for a landscape Mobile platform-]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  2. FPSyndicate

FPSyndicate

3. FPSyndicate

FPSyndicate

Ramp Runner has been UPDATED! With SNOW MODE! Take control of your snowball as you barrel down a icy ridge dodging snow mounds and trees! Watch out, because the farther you go the bigger you get! Check it out!!

http://fpsyndicate.webs.com/ramprunner.htm

The whole game should be completed by the end of this summer and it'll be on the android market. Also, it will be on the iPhone App Store eventually.

Lastly, like us on facebook! we're really trying to get our name out there in the world.
    http://www.facebook.com/fpsyndicate

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  4. FPSyndicate

FPSyndicate

Ramp Runner is Almost done! We need to just send it of to our game testers and make a few minor tweaks before we will release it on the Android market (Play Store). Then hopefully in a few months we will release it in the App Store (iPod). You can play the full game that we will be releasing for free on our website (The Paid/Donate version will have he crossed out modes and more). Please play it and give me any feedback you want! (I know the text scaling is off a bit in the WebPlayer, but it works fine on the mobile platforms.)

5. FPSyndicate

FPSyndicate

Well nonody is replying to the thread, i dont know why, but it doesnt really matter, hahaha, Just sharing a little artwork i did for our different modes.

$RampRunnerSnowSmall.png

$RampRunnerTechno copy.png

If anyone is wondering, yes i know it is almost the end of summer, and we have the game in beta testing mode. Just working out a few bugs and making it more addicting before we throw it out to the world.