Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Admob Unity Package that work with Unity 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 3.5

Discussion in 'Android' started by MicroEyes_old, Mar 16, 2012.

?

Are you Satisfy with this tutorial?

1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

9.5%
  3. Not Completely

19.0%
  1. kalm

kalm

Hi MicroEyes,

I was able to change the position to the top right corner by adjusting

in AdmobTestActivity and recompiling.

I'll try the HideAds() but now I've moved the ad to a different place it's not so important for me to hide it.

Thanks

Kalm

2. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

OMG KALM, i m really apologize, i thought you were saying to change position of Advertisement at runtime from one position to another. that thing is tricky. bcoz you didnt mention that you wants change at compile time..

I think, i took you question in the wrong way... my apologies.. Sir.

3. kalm

kalm

Hey, no problem with the mis understanding, I should have explained better.

Kalm

4. Hyperion Genesis

Hyperion Genesis

View attachment 33316

You can give a try to our plug-in.
    Is made of two files, a jar file and a cs file.

The unitypackage attached here contains a complete demo project, import it in an empty Unity Android project (Basic or Pro).

Should be working with Unity 3.5.1 and Unity 3.4.x

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  5. Gaven_Z

Gaven_Z

I have tested your package ,and I got an error :
    Resource re-package Failed!
    package -v -f -m -J gen -M AndroidManifest.xml -S "res" -I "F:/Android SDK 4.0/android-sdk/platforms/android-10\android.jar" -F bin/resources.ap_

what's wrong?
    my unity version is 3.4.0f5

6. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

GAVEN_Z,
    Use plugin posted on First Page that is working for over 10 users...

7. Gaven_Z

Gaven_Z

Hi, MicroEyes,
    I got the same error when I use your package,Unity Engine report an error when building android version

my android sdk is 2.3.3(API 10)

8. Hyperion Genesis

Hyperion Genesis

Hi Gaven_Z, you should have android sdk API level 15 (revision 17) installed, then you declare what's the minimum API level (suggest 8) and maximum (should be at least 13 for the new adMobGoogle).

Have you really tried in an empty project ?
    If was not an empty project, be sure to specify the demoScene.unity scene as the first (0) scene loaded.

Also: use the furnished Manifest file, with the care of CHANGING THE BUNDLE NAME INSIDE OF IT with your bundle name eg: com.gavenproduction.mygame !

I tried now in my Unity 3.4.2f2 and worked fine.

9. Gaven_Z

Gaven_Z

I test it again as you suggested ,great, it worked fine,thank you:cool:

10. Gaven_Z

Gaven_Z

Hi, Hyperion Genesis
    your cs file is so concise and easy to understand, I want to use it in my project, could you attach your eclipse project file also?
    thanks a lot~

11. MaddMike

MaddMike

Will this work with IOS or only android?

12. Bryant21

Bryant21

hello. Good tutorial so far, the only problem I am having is I cannot turn the ads off :eek:

I tried using AdvertisementManager.DisableAds(); and HideAds()s but nothing seems to work...

...I noticed the ads start automatically when starting the game in the emulator. I never called the EnableAds() function. I actually deleted AdvertisementManager.cs and the ads still started. Weird.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  13. Eden_971

Eden_971

Hello MicroEye.

First, congratulation for this excellent tutorial. However, I had some trouble when I tried to use the adMob plugin.
    I downloaded the latest unity package you attached to your post, then, I import it into Unity. After that, I created an Android project with the Android folder. I added the necessary libraries (classes.jar GoogleAdMobAdsSdk-4.3.1.jar) I did the points 5 to 7 of your tutorial.

Then, I exported the project to a JAR file (I created a new jar file – adMob.jar) and I placed the new JAR into Assets/Plugins/Android/bin.

Then I follow all the steps of this tutorial to integrate Unity with eclipse : http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/Manual/Android-Integrating Unity With Eclipse.html.

I used the Unity project that use the adMob plugin to create my Unity library and I created an Android project that corresponding to my application.

However, when I try to run the Android project, the application crash. I checked the log cat and I saw the org.admob.test.AdmobTestActivity class is no reach by the call of AndroidJNI.FindClass("org/test/admob/AdmobTestActivity");

I included the adMob.jar as a library in my Android project but the org.admob.test.AdmobTestActivity is no longer accessible.

Have you any advises to resolve my trouble?

Thanks for everyone.

14. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hey KyuubiLovin,
    Thankx for using my tutorial.
    According to the problem is where when you export JAR file as adMob.jar.. you should import that file with your package name like "com.companyName.productName.jar" that you used in Build settings in Unity.. I think, i forgot to mention that in my tutorial..

And there is no need to integrate Eclipse in unity.. My Tutorial is completely working from outside the unity environment.

15. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Yes MaddMike, This tutorial is only for Android.

16. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Bryant21,
    I apologize for this.. My code for Hide Disable Adv is obsolate now.. i'll work on this part again back to you in short time.

17. qamarzaman

qamarzaman

I am getting this error
    String types not allowed (at 'configChanges' with value 'touchscreen|orientation|screenSize').

Solutions I've tried are

android:targetSdkVersion="13"

When I remove this configChanges i get app running but with following result.

Attached Files:

18. jukke

jukke

nvm

19. qamarzaman

qamarzaman

Sorry Guys! I had wrong path to wrong sdk in Unity3d. I've finally have got it working at the end.

I must Say MicroEyes , You ROCK

20. jukke

jukke

Could anyone please tell what im doing wrong here:

1. I open eclipse and create a new "Android Project"...and name it to something like "adtest". > Choses android 2.3.3 build target > not sure what to rename "your.package.namespace" to, but just writes something like: your.adtest.namespace > Finnish!

2 Right click on the project and choses: import... > "file system" > From directory: ....Assets\Plugins\Android > selects and click "Finish"

3 Get asked if I want to overwrite stuff > clicks "yes to all"....Get an error:
    "Resources is out of sync with the file system '/adtest/project.properties'."

The problem is that I have never used Eclipse before so I have pretty much no idea what im doing. Please help :/

21. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hi qamarzaman,
    The problem is, 'touchscreen|orientation|screenSize" is working with android 4.0 sdk.. So, please compile your project with 4.0 sdk specify minsdk in AndroidManifest = "7"(for Android 2.1). this'll work perfect.

To change sdk version, Right Click on project - > properties - > Select Android in tree View (left hand side) -> Select "Android 4.0" on (Right hand side). If not there please download Android 4.0 from Android SDK Manager. Hope this helps..

22. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hi Jukke,
    First thing, you don't need to create any project in eclipse. Just Download Admob unity package from first page, import in unity, then in ecplise browse select folder that has folders "bin", "lib", "src", "res",.. etc .
    Expand src in eclipse, and rename package_name to package_name you used in Unity Player setting in Android section. and don't forgot to change also in AndroidManifest.xml

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTION.... :D

23. jukke

jukke

Thanks for your answer!

Well I tried to just import it at first but it didnt seem to work. It said I had to create a projects first. Like so:

Theres gotta be something ive missed

24. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hi jukke, I apologize for the inconvenience.
    Create a new Android project - > Select Android sdk 4.0 - > in Package Name: (enter whatever u want, say com.android.testing). This will create a new android project. Now, Right click on Project Import -> Select "File System" the browse select folder that has "bin", "libs", src ...etc folder.. click OK and Replace all Files... then a popup appears to inform to change launch config select YES. Delete old package name that we just created "com.android.testing"..

select package in src folder rename "com.admob.test" to your package name in unity player settings. don't forgot to change also in AndroidManifest.xml admob java file..

25. qamarzaman

qamarzaman

MicroEyes, Thanks for your quick reply. Finally You Rock!.

26. qamarzaman

qamarzaman

Hi MicroEyes,

Your Tutorial For AdMob is awesome, I've successfully integrated admob in my game.
    I Request You to make some tutorial for facebook and/or twitter integration in unity android.

Thanks in Advance

27. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Congrates qamarzaman, So.. when we can play your game?

I'll try to make social integration plugin soon...

28. jukke

jukke

Alright so I gave this antoher shot today, but got stuck pretty quickly. Got this error: "R cannot be resolved to a variable"...Tried to read up on it but was kinda confused, anyone had the same problem?

Heres a screen:

29. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hi jukke ,
    Problem is because of eclipse unable to find R.java in gen folder or it was deleted or obsolete. You need to regenerate it. Clean your project in Eclipse by goto Project Menu - > Clean , select your project you wish to clean.

Reply if this solved or isn't solved your problem.

30. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hi jukke ,
    Problem is because of eclipse unable to find R.java in gen folder or it was deleted or obsolete. You need to regenerate it. Clean your project in Eclipse by goto Project Menu - > Clean , select your project you wish to clean.

Reply if this solved or isn't solved your problem.

31. ENAY

ENAY

Hi MicroEyes,

Great tutorial, which I am following with great interest. Unfortunately I have got stuck at

"2 Open Eclipse, import "Android" folder in eclipse"

Up till this point I understand but import what "Android" folder?

When I click on "File" and then "Import"

I have a list of directories

General
    CVS
    Run/Debug

etc but nothing that is remotely like "Android".

32. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

HI ENAY,
    After importing unitypackage, there is a folder in your 'Plugin" folder in Unity project.In this Plugin folder, there is a "Android" folder, that you need to import in Eclipse.

In Eclipse, Click on Import -> "Existing Projects into workspace", then browse the folder that has folders bin, src, lib, etc.. and continue in ecplise..

If any other query, please feel free to ASk. :D

33. qamarzaman

qamarzaman

Thanks MicroEyes for your appreciation, You can play Our Game Blozo for iOS but for we'll release for Android Later on after a few days.

34. ENAY

ENAY

Hi MicroEyes,

Thanks for the tip. I am very slowly making some progress. Not familiar with Eclipse at all.

I added the project into my empty project but then I got the following error"

Android SDK: Resolving error markers (Marker id 12 not found)".

I ignored that for now and continue but now I am stuck at:-

5. Expand src folder select package ("org.test.admob") right click rename package to ur package name.

Mainly because when I right click there is no option to "rename". I have gone through every single option and checked.
    I was worried that since the name is reversed (org.admob.test) that I am perhaps looking in the wrong place.

The GoogleAdMobAfdsSdk and classes.jar is linked ok, I just can't rename what I am supposed to rename :eek:

35. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hey ENAY,
    use F2
    (Function Key on Keyboard) to rename your pakcage name to package name used in Unity android player settings.

And for error you are getting, try to refresh your project by select your project right click, then, Refresh.... if this doesn't solve your problem try cleaning your project by Click on "Project" menu -> Clean -> Select your project to clean. This will regenerate your R.java file

36. ENAY

ENAY

Hi Satbir,

Wow, F2! I would never have thought of pressing that, oddly rename is in the "File" menu. Well I have finally got all the things added in, but I have 27 errors and 5 warnings. So it looks like I still screwed up somewhere.

Errors for example, "The method onDismiss(Ad) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method" makes me wonder if I even set up my project correctly. :(

37. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Can you provide me error text for all Errors you are getting..?
    According to me your solution is:
    Eclipse is defaulting to Java 1.5 and you have classes implementing interface methods (which in Java 1.6 can be annotated with @Override, but in Java 1.5 can only be applied to methods overriding a superclass method).

To resolve this issue Go to your project properties->java compiler-> check "Enable project specific settings" -> change your compiler compliance level to 1.6... I Hope this solve your issue..

38. ENAY

ENAY

Hi, thanks for the post. I changed it to 1.6 and a few errors went away. However I still have these:-

"
    Description Resource Path Location Type
    error: Error: String types not allowed (at 'configChanges' with value 'keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize'). AndroidManifest.xml /AdmobTest line 23 Android AAPT Problem
    error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'installLocation' in package 'android' AndroidManifest.xml /AdmobTest line 2 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name drawable-hdpi.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name drawable-ldpi.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name drawable-mdpi.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name drawable-xhdpi.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name layout.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name values.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    The constructor AdView(AdmobTestActivity, AdSize, String) is undefined AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 41 Java Problem
    The constructor LinearLayout(AdmobTestActivity) is undefined AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 34 Java Problem
    The import com.unity3d cannot be resolved AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 11 Java Problem
    The method addContentView(LinearLayout, ViewGroup.LayoutParams) is undefined for the type AdmobTestActivity AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 39 Java Problem
    The method onCreate(Bundle) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 22 Java Problem
    The method onDestroy() of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 162 Java Problem
    The method onDismissScreen(Ad) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 146 Java Problem
    The method onFailedToReceiveAd(Ad, AdRequest.ErrorCode) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 131 Java Problem
    The method onLeaveApplication(Ad) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 156 Java Problem
    The method onPresentScreen(Ad) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 140 Java Problem
    The method onReceiveAd(Ad) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 124 Java Problem
    UnityPlayerActivity cannot be resolved to a type AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 15 Java Problem
    UnityPlayerActivity cannot be resolved to a type AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 25 Java Problem
    UnityPlayerActivity cannot be resolved to a type AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 166 Java Problem
    "

This sort of problem reminds me of when I first started programming nearly 15 years ago :)

39. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Heheheheheee...ok.. never mind..
    Change your android SDK to 4.0. but it'll still support 2.1.
    This will solve your problem. And resend me your error log again..

40. ENAY

ENAY

Ok I changed it to SDK 4 and now I have 21 errors. Doesn't seem to have changed much sadly. :( I think I might have to try again from scratch. I must have missed something.

An interesting error is "Conversion to Dalvik format failed with error 1"

I have no idea what that means.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  41. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Go to Project » Properties » Java Build Path » Libraries and remove all except ( "GoogleAdmobSDK", "Android SDK", "com.android.ide.ecplise.adt.LIBRARY" ). click OK. Go to Project » Clean » Clean projects selected below » select your project and click OK. That should work.

It is also possible that you have a JAR file located somewhere in your project folders (I had copied the Admob JAR file into my src folder) and THEN added it as a Java Path Library. It does not show up under the Package Explorer, so you don't notice it, but it does get counted twice, causing the dreaded Dalvik error 1.

Reply after try this.. :D

42. ENAY

ENAY

I tried that. However it was sadly the same. I think I will have to try again later and see how I get on. Really REALLY thanks for taking the time to help me. I will let you know if I have any further problems later. Cheers :)

43. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Ok ENAY.. Good Luck. :-D

44. Argenex

Argenex

MicroEyes:

Eclipse will not let me import that folder, the error I get is this following:
    No projects are found to import

When I look at the Admob unitypackage that you asked us to import, there are files missing from your completed project android folder;
    .classpath
    .project

Maybe that is why? Eclipse obviously needs some file that it isn't seeing.
    ============

I copied the two files from your project/assets/plugins/android folder into mine, and now eclipse will let me import the Android folder.

So I guess those are missing from the unity plugin package.

============
    Ok that appeared to work so far, now I have errors in the manifest file:

====================
    Wow, this appears to be yet another stumbling block that someone placed somewhere for no reason other than to cause stumbling around in the dark bonking your head on things.

So line 2 refers to this line of the manifest:
    android:installLocation="preferExternal"

I am totally unsure what it means by string types with line 23, I'm half tempted to just comment out that line and hope for broke.

Resolution to two above errors:

That makes no damned sense to me if you are planning to support 2.1, why wouldnt you just build for 2.1...

I Have no inbetween options so I have had to set the project to 4.0.3 which is API 15...
    My only other Unity compatable choices are API 7 and API 8 (both cause eclipse epileptic fits). So 15 it is. In the manifest I have it at 6, which is what I have been building in Unity for the last year...

Errors appear to have left the building..

===============

Also you say in your tut,
    Whereas line 50 is this:
    and line 53 is this:
    Ive tried adding my device's ID there in numerous fashions, eclipse hates every format, even the former one from a year ago when I did this. I wonder what magical format they have changed it to.

===================

Building DEX Failed!

And no, as I have fully updated everything rebooted.

And here's the actual error:

I am guessing its because I included the newest version of admob jar file, and now that its inside the dependancy of the android in Eclipse, I have to back track 30 steps and rebuild the project from scratch as eclipse refuses to let you remove a library under a dependancy...

Sigh.

I Must be tired. I went and simply deleted the jar file itself (the 6.0.0 version one) and restarted Eclipse, re-exported and whammo. Built.

Ads working in Game.

I want to thank you for your diligence on this;

A year ago when I attempted this it took me around a week to get it working, and I had to manually make file folders all over the place, it was nasty. Also, I could NOT do the final build from Unity,
    I had to take the whole project's Temp Folder (like after you build and grab that folder) then mirror the project in Eclipse, which as you can imagine sort of defeats the purpose of being able to click a button in Unity and blammo, build is out to device.

Your efforts have condensed this down to hours of what before took days to stumble through.

I would like your permission to add a credit to you in my game.

Thank you very much sir. Hopefully the stumbling blocks I had today will help anyone else in the future (hence why I kept it all in one post.)

-Arg

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  45. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Thankx Argenex for your appreciation using my plugin. And also thankx for elaborating all issue stuffs.
    Its my pleasure if you add me in your game credits.

So when can i see my name?
    Never mind, When it'll be in Apple market or Anrdoid Market.?

46. plato__

plato__

First of all I would like to thank you for your great plugin and tutorial. I am experimenting with the AdMobTestNew Unity project and I have the following problem. I followed your tutorial steps and re exported the jar file from Eclipse to be able to run on device. When none of the AdvertismentManager methods are call from the TestScript the app runs perfectly on the device showing the advertisements. When I uncomment the line : AdvertisementManager.ShowAds(); at the TestScript the application crashes on the device. I also tried to change the class paths at the AdvertisementManager source from
    IntPtr cls_OurAppNameActivityClass = AndroidJNI.FindClass("org/test/admob/AdmobTestActivity");
    to
    IntPtr cls_OurAppNameActivityClass = AndroidJNI.FindClass("org/admob/test/AdmobTestActivity");
    since the default package at AdMobTestNew project eclipse plugin is org.admob.test .

What am I missing?

Thanks!

47. Argenex

Argenex

Ahhh the magic when question. Hah. Soon to release Beta via Android/Browser/Standalone and I will for sure fire you a notice. Just piling in art and tweaking things now.

48. wicked208

wicked208

first all thanks for your work, i tried for three weeks to make this to work, i finish and test even with lots of doubts and other thinks that is different in the tutorial or simplei cant find in my project. now its appear to work, i compile game and ads appears, but i m not sure its ok, ads are always the same, and when i click, nothing changes in my admob account, i really apreciated and step by step video tutorial, anyways thanks for all

49. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hi wicked208, The impression count on your Admob account will take some time may be 48hrs(as per Admob rules).
    But please comfirm me one thing, when you click on Advs you should suppose to redirect to adv link(may be google play market or a web page). Is this happening or not.? If not, have you overridden onClickListener() of Adv in java code.?

Good Luck for your Game... :D

50. wicked208

wicked208

yes the redirect its work, and now after a few hours impression its counting, so i think its working but my apk icon dissapears, i try compile all again, thanks