Unity Community

View Poll Results: Are you Satisfy with this tutorial?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

54 72.00%
  • No

7 9.33%
  • Not Completely

14 18.67%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    Hi MicroEyes,

Great tutorial, which I am following with great interest. Unfortunately I have got stuck at

"2 Open Eclipse, & import "Android" folder in eclipse"

Up till this point I understand but import what "Android" folder?

When I click on "File" and then "Import"

I have a list of directories

General
    CVS
    Run/Debug

etc but nothing that is remotely like "Android".

2. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ENAY View Post
    Hi MicroEyes,

Great tutorial, which I am following with great interest. Unfortunately I have got stuck at

"2 Open Eclipse, & import "Android" folder in eclipse"

Up till this point I understand but import what "Android" folder?

When I click on "File" and then "Import"

I have a list of directories

General
    CVS
    Run/Debug

etc but nothing that is remotely like "Android".
    HI ENAY,
    After importing unitypackage, there is a folder in your 'Plugin" folder in Unity project.In this Plugin folder, there is a "Android" folder, that you need to import in Eclipse.

In Eclipse, Click on Import -> "Existing Projects into workspace", then browse the folder that has folders bin, src, lib, etc.. and continue in ecplise..

If any other query, please feel free to ASk.
    Chillz,
    Satbir Singh

3. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroEyes View Post
    Congrates qamarzaman, So.. when we can play your game?

I'll try to make social integration plugin soon...

Thanks MicroEyes for your appreciation, You can play Our Game Blozo for iOS but for we'll release for Android Later on after a few days.
    qamarengineer

4. Posts
    Hi MicroEyes,

Thanks for the tip. I am very slowly making some progress. Not familiar with Eclipse at all.

I added the project into my empty project but then I got the following error"

Android SDK: Resolving error markers (Marker id 12 not found)".

I ignored that for now and continue but now I am stuck at:-

5. Expand src folder select package ("org.test.admob") & right click & rename package to ur package name.

Mainly because when I right click there is no option to "rename". I have gone through every single option and checked.
    I was worried that since the name is reversed (org.admob.test) that I am perhaps looking in the wrong place.

The GoogleAdMobAfdsSdk and classes.jar is linked ok, I just can't rename what I am supposed to rename

5. Posts
    Hi MicroEyes,

Thanks for the tip. I am very slowly making some progress. Not familiar with Eclipse at all.

I added the project into my empty project but then I got the following error"

Android SDK: Resolving error markers (Marker id 12 not found)".

I ignored that for now and continue but now I am stuck at:-

5. Expand src folder select package ("org.test.admob") & right click & rename package to ur package name.

Mainly because when I right click there is no option to "rename". I have gone through every single option and checked.
    I was worried that since the name is reversed (org.admob.test) that I am perhaps looking in the wrong place.

The GoogleAdMobAfdsSdk and classes.jar is linked ok, I just can't rename what I am supposed to rename
    Hey ENAY,
    use F2
    (Function Key on Keyboard) to rename your pakcage name to package name used in Unity android player settings.

And for error you are getting, try to refresh your project by select your project & right click, then, Refresh.... if this doesn't solve your problem try cleaning your project by Click on "Project" menu -> Clean -> Select your project to clean. This will regenerate your R.java file
    Chillz,
    Satbir Singh

6. Posts
    Hi Satbir,

Wow, F2! I would never have thought of pressing that, oddly rename is in the "File" menu. Well I have finally got all the things added in, but I have 27 errors and 5 warnings. So it looks like I still screwed up somewhere.

Errors for example, "The method onDismiss(Ad) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method" makes me wonder if I even set up my project correctly.

7. Posts
    Hi Satbir,

Wow, F2! I would never have thought of pressing that, oddly rename is in the "File" menu. Well I have finally got all the things added in, but I have 27 errors and 5 warnings. So it looks like I still screwed up somewhere.

Errors for example, "The method onDismiss(Ad) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method" makes me wonder if I even set up my project correctly.
    Can you provide me error text for all Errors you are getting..?
    According to me your solution is:
    Eclipse is defaulting to Java 1.5 and you have classes implementing interface methods (which in Java 1.6 can be annotated with @Override, but in Java 1.5 can only be applied to methods overriding a superclass method).

To resolve this issue Go to your project properties->java compiler-> check "Enable project specific settings" -> change your compiler compliance level to 1.6... I Hope this solve your issue..
    Chillz,
    Satbir Singh

8. Posts
    Hi, thanks for the post. I changed it to 1.6 and a few errors went away. However I still have these:-

"
    Description Resource Path Location Type
    error: Error: String types not allowed (at 'configChanges' with value 'keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout| uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize'). AndroidManifest.xml /AdmobTest line 23 Android AAPT Problem
    error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'installLocation' in package 'android' AndroidManifest.xml /AdmobTest line 2 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name drawable-hdpi.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name drawable-ldpi.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name drawable-mdpi.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name drawable-xhdpi.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name layout.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name values.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    The constructor AdView(AdmobTestActivity, AdSize, String) is undefined AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 41 Java Problem
    The constructor LinearLayout(AdmobTestActivity) is undefined AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 34 Java Problem
    The import com.unity3d cannot be resolved AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 11 Java Problem
    The method addContentView(LinearLayout, ViewGroup.LayoutParams) is undefined for the type AdmobTestActivity AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 39 Java Problem
    The method onCreate(Bundle) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 22 Java Problem
    The method onDestroy() of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 162 Java Problem
    The method onDismissScreen(Ad) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 146 Java Problem
    The method onFailedToReceiveAd(Ad, AdRequest.ErrorCode) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 131 Java Problem
    The method onLeaveApplication(Ad) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 156 Java Problem
    The method onPresentScreen(Ad) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 140 Java Problem
    The method onReceiveAd(Ad) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 124 Java Problem
    UnityPlayerActivity cannot be resolved to a type AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 15 Java Problem
    UnityPlayerActivity cannot be resolved to a type AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 25 Java Problem
    UnityPlayerActivity cannot be resolved to a type AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 166 Java Problem
    "

This sort of problem reminds me of when I first started programming nearly 15 years ago

9. Posts
    Hi, thanks for the post. I changed it to 1.6 and a few errors went away. However I still have these:-

"
    Description Resource Path Location Type
    error: Error: String types not allowed (at 'configChanges' with value 'keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout| uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize'). AndroidManifest.xml /AdmobTest line 23 Android AAPT Problem
    error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'installLocation' in package 'android' AndroidManifest.xml /AdmobTest line 2 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name drawable-hdpi.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name drawable-ldpi.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name drawable-mdpi.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name drawable-xhdpi.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name layout.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    invalid resource directory name values.meta /AdmobTestActivity/res line 1 Android AAPT Problem
    The constructor AdView(AdmobTestActivity, AdSize, String) is undefined AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 41 Java Problem
    The constructor LinearLayout(AdmobTestActivity) is undefined AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 34 Java Problem
    The import com.unity3d cannot be resolved AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 11 Java Problem
    The method addContentView(LinearLayout, ViewGroup.LayoutParams) is undefined for the type AdmobTestActivity AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 39 Java Problem
    The method onCreate(Bundle) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 22 Java Problem
    The method onDestroy() of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 162 Java Problem
    The method onDismissScreen(Ad) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 146 Java Problem
    The method onFailedToReceiveAd(Ad, AdRequest.ErrorCode) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 131 Java Problem
    The method onLeaveApplication(Ad) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 156 Java Problem
    The method onPresentScreen(Ad) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 140 Java Problem
    The method onReceiveAd(Ad) of type AdmobTestActivity must override a superclass method AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 124 Java Problem
    UnityPlayerActivity cannot be resolved to a type AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 15 Java Problem
    UnityPlayerActivity cannot be resolved to a type AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 25 Java Problem
    UnityPlayerActivity cannot be resolved to a type AdmobTestActivity.java /AdmobTestActivity/src/org/admob/test line 166 Java Problem
    "

This sort of problem reminds me of when I first started programming nearly 15 years ago
    Heheheheheee...ok.. never mind..
    Change your android SDK to 4.0. but it'll still support 2.1.
    This will solve your problem. And resend me your error log again..
    Chillz,
    Satbir Singh

10. Posts
    Ok I changed it to SDK 4 and now I have 21 errors. Doesn't seem to have changed much sadly. I think I might have to try again from scratch. I must have missed something.

An interesting error is "Conversion to Dalvik format failed with error 1"

I have no idea what that means.
    Last edited by ENAY; 05-02-2012 at 05:49 AM.

11. Posts
    Ok I changed it to SDK 4 and now I have 21 errors. Doesn't seem to have changed much sadly. I think I might have to try again from scratch. I must have missed something.

An interesting error is "Conversion to Dalvik format failed with error 1"

I have no idea what that means.
    Go to Project Properties Java Build Path Libraries and remove all except ( "GoogleAdmobSDK", "Android SDK", "com.android.ide.ecplise.adt.LIBRARY" ). click OK. Go to Project Clean Clean projects selected below select your project and click OK. That should work.

It is also possible that you have a JAR file located somewhere in your project folders (I had copied the Admob JAR file into my src folder) and THEN added it as a Java Path Library. It does not show up under the Package Explorer, so you don't notice it, but it does get counted twice, causing the dreaded Dalvik error 1.

Reply after try this..
    Chillz,
    Satbir Singh

12. Posts
    I tried that. However it was sadly the same. I think I will have to try again later and see how I get on. Really REALLY thanks for taking the time to help me. I will let you know if I have any further problems later. Cheers

13. Posts
    I tried that. However it was sadly the same. I think I will have to try again later and see how I get on. Really REALLY thanks for taking the time to help me. I will let you know if I have any further problems later. Cheers
    Ok ENAY.. Good Luck.
    Chillz,
    Satbir Singh

14. Posts
    HI ENAY,
    After importing unitypackage, there is a folder in your 'Plugin" folder in Unity project.In this Plugin folder, there is a "Android" folder, that you need to import in Eclipse.

In Eclipse, Click on Import -> "Existing Projects into workspace", then browse the folder that has folders bin, src, lib, etc.. and continue in ecplise..

If any other query, please feel free to ASk.
    MicroEyes:

Eclipse will not let me import that folder, the error I get is this following:
    No projects are found to import

When I look at the Admob unitypackage that you asked us to import, there are files missing from your completed project android folder;
    .classpath
    .project

Maybe that is why? Eclipse obviously needs some file that it isn't seeing.
    ============

I copied the two files from your project/assets/plugins/android folder into mine, and now eclipse will let me import the Android folder.

So I guess those are missing from the unity plugin package.

============
    Ok that appeared to work so far, now I have errors in the manifest file:

====================
    Wow, this appears to be yet another stumbling block that someone placed somewhere for no reason other than to cause stumbling around in the dark bonking your head on things.

So line 2 refers to this line of the manifest:
    android:installLocation="preferExternal"

I am totally unsure what it means by string types with line 23, I'm half tempted to just comment out that line and hope for broke.

Resolution to two above errors:

Google AdMob Ads SDK 4.3.1 requires you to compile against Android 3.2 or above (This means in your project.properties file you need to specify android-13 or higher). Your app will still run fine on 2.1+ devices; you just have to specify you support 2.1 in your manifest.
    That makes no damned sense to me if you are planning to support 2.1, why wouldnt you just build for 2.1...

I Have no inbetween options so I have had to set the project to 4.0.3 which is API 15...
    My only other Unity compatable choices are API 7 and API 8 (both cause eclipse epileptic fits). So 15 it is. In the manifest I have it at 6, which is what I have been building in Unity for the last year...

Errors appear to have left the building..

===============

Also you say in your tut,
    Comment Line 50 : To work on Device.
    Whereas line 50 is this:
    Log.i("AdMob", "Done AddView Layout");
    and line 53 is this:
    //request.addTestDevice(androidId);
    Ive tried adding my device's ID there in numerous fashions, eclipse hates every format, even the former one from a year ago when I did this. I wonder what magical format they have changed it to.

===================

Building DEX Failed!

This is usually caused by having the wrong version of Java installed on your machine. Updating your Java installation to the latest version will generally solve this issue.
    And no, as I have fully updated everything & rebooted.

Verified Java Version

Congratulations!
    You have the recommended Java installed (Version 7 Update 3).
    And here's the actual error:

processing archive plugins\.\GoogleAdMobAdsSdk-6.0.0.jar...
    ignored resource META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
    processing com/google/ads/Ad.class...

UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/ads/Ad;
    at com.android.dx.dex.file.ClassDefsSection.add(Class DefsSection.java:123)
    at com.android.dx.dex.file.DexFile.add(DexFile.java:1 63)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processClass(Mai n.java:486)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processFileBytes (Main.java:455)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.access$400(Main. java:67)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main$1.processFileByt es(Main.java:394)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.processAr chive(ClassPathOpener.java:245)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.processOn e(ClassPathOpener.java:131)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.processDi rectory(ClassPathOpener.java:191)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.processOn e(ClassPathOpener.java:123)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.process(C lassPathOpener.java:109)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processOne(Main. java:41
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles( Main.java:329)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.run(Main.java:20 6)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:1 74)
    at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:95)
    1 error; aborting
    I am guessing its because I included the newest version of admob jar file, and now that its inside the dependancy of the android in Eclipse, I have to back track 30 steps and rebuild the project from scratch as eclipse refuses to let you remove a library under a dependancy...

Sigh.

I Must be tired. I went and simply deleted the jar file itself (the 6.0.0 version one) and restarted Eclipse, re-exported and whammo. Built.

Ads working in Game.

I want to thank you for your diligence on this;

A year ago when I attempted this it took me around a week to get it working, and I had to manually make file folders all over the place, it was nasty. Also, I could NOT do the final build from Unity,
    I had to take the whole project's Temp Folder (like after you build and grab that folder) then mirror the project in Eclipse, which as you can imagine sort of defeats the purpose of being able to click a button in Unity and blammo, build is out to device.

Your efforts have condensed this down to hours of what before took days to stumble through.

I would like your permission to add a credit to you in my game.

Thank you very much sir. Hopefully the stumbling blocks I had today will help anyone else in the future (hence why I kept it all in one post.)

-Arg
    Last edited by Argenex; 05-03-2012 at 10:28 PM.

15. Posts
    Thankx Argenex for your appreciation & using my plugin. And also thankx for elaborating all issue stuffs.
    Its my pleasure if you add me in your game credits.

So when can i see my name?
    Never mind, When it'll be in Apple market or Anrdoid Market.?
    Chillz,
    Satbir Singh

16. Posts
    First of all I would like to thank you for your great plugin and tutorial. I am experimenting with the AdMobTestNew Unity project and I have the following problem. I followed your tutorial steps and re exported the jar file from Eclipse to be able to run on device. When none of the AdvertismentManager methods are call from the TestScript the app runs perfectly on the device showing the advertisements. When I uncomment the line : AdvertisementManager.ShowAds(); at the TestScript the application crashes on the device. I also tried to change the class paths at the AdvertisementManager source from
    IntPtr cls_OurAppNameActivityClass = AndroidJNI.FindClass("org/test/admob/AdmobTestActivity");
    to
    IntPtr cls_OurAppNameActivityClass = AndroidJNI.FindClass("org/admob/test/AdmobTestActivity");
    since the default package at AdMobTestNew project eclipse plugin is org.admob.test .

What am I missing?

Thanks!

17. Posts
    Thankx Argenex for your appreciation & using my plugin. And also thankx for elaborating all issue stuffs.
    Its my pleasure if you add me in your game credits.

So when can i see my name?
    Never mind, When it'll be in Apple market or Anrdoid Market.?
    Ahhh the magic when question. Hah. Soon to release Beta via Android/Browser/Standalone and I will for sure fire you a notice. Just piling in art and tweaking things now.

18. Posts
    first all thanks for your work, i tried for three weeks to make this to work, i finish and test even with lots of doubts and other thinks that is different in the tutorial or simplei cant find in my project. now its appear to work, i compile game and ads appears, but i m not sure its ok, ads are always the same, and when i click, nothing changes in my admob account, i really apreciated and step by step video tutorial, anyways thanks for all

19. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked208 View Post
    first all thanks for your work, i tried for three weeks to make this to work, i finish and test even with lots of doubts and other thinks that is different in the tutorial or simplei cant find in my project. now its appear to work, i compile game and ads appears, but i m not sure its ok, ads are always the same, and when i click, nothing changes in my admob account, i really apreciated and step by step video tutorial, anyways thanks for all
    Hi wicked208, The impression count on your Admob account will take some time may be 48hrs(as per Admob rules).
    But please comfirm me one thing, when you click on Advs you should suppose to redirect to adv link(may be google play market or a web page). Is this happening or not.? If not, have you overridden onClickListener() of Adv in java code.?

Good Luck for your Game...
    Chillz,
    Satbir Singh

20. Posts
    yes the redirect its work, and now after a few hours impression its counting, so i think its working but my apk icon dissapears, i try compile all again, thanks

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast