Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Admob Unity Package that work with Unity 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 3.5

Discussion in 'Android' started by MicroEyes_old, Mar 16, 2012.

?

Are you Satisfy with this tutorial?

1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

9.5%
  3. Not Completely

19.0%
  1. wicked208

wicked208

i did all procces again, with the same results, have no icon in apk. ads appears in all escenes(i dont want this but dont know how to changes), i put your script test scripts with uncomented line : AdvertisementManager.ShowAds(); in game scene (where i want the ads) and then the apk crash,

mistakes: i cant do this in tutorials : " don't forgot to change also in AndroidManifest.xml admob java file.. " i dont know what admo java file is, so dont chante(in manifest yes)

Open "AdMobTestActivity.java" do these changes:
    Line 1: change package name
    Change "ADV_PUB_ID" variable value to your Admob Publisher ID (this ok)
    Comment Line 50 : To work on Device. (cant fin this line and i dont comment)
    Line 108: adView.setKeywords(Add keywords as string); //not usefull (dont understand well, what i have to do here, so do nothing)

Line 7: change minSdkVersion to your minimum sdk version (dont know what it is so dont change nothing)
    Line 14: In case you change activity name in AdMobTestActivity.java (i dont change this so stay same)

12.Change "org/test/admob/AdMobTestActivity" to "your_package/AdMobTestActivity" set.. Do this in all four functions. use "/"(forward slash) instead of "."(Dot). Here "AdMobTestActivity" is java file name. (ads work whitout changin this, so i have fear to change and dint change)

please help me, i tried so harder for this

2. Sir-Keyzinburga

Sir-Keyzinburga

Thanks a lot for this tutorial.
    After some time I was able to get your unitypackage working in a clean unity environment.
    My next objective was to be able to change the ad's size

Code (csharp):
    1. layout.addView(adView, new LayoutParams(LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT, 75));
    I tried changing the 75 with 50, didn't work. I figured it might have something to do with adMob making sure the ads are not displayed in weird resolutions. So instead I tried using the adView.getHeight(), didn't work either. Nor did LayoutParam.WRAP_CONTENT or AdSize.BANNER.getHeight().
    It doesnt give any error apart from logcat saying every frame or so. But it does that even when i just use the code you provided.
    E/libEGL(969): called unimplemented OpenGL ES API

I could find any reference to the com.google.ads.AdSize either to see what the sizes were of those other AdSizes.
    Could you help me out on this?

Thanks in advance :)

3. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hi SirKeyzinburga,
    Thankx for using my plugin.
    For your reference, AdView is nothing but it a sort of WebView. You request you'll get a HTML page that is further loading in AdView Container. Using "LayoutParam" or by changing height or width, you are actually changing the AdView container size not the Adv you are receiving. You cannot just resize the container. You need to request for different AdView Size. Please refer this

Feel free to ask your questions..
    Good Luck.

4. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hi wicked208,
    First thing first, You need to comment the line that adding your device as TestDevice.

I read your previous comment that you r not getting icon. Actually with you add any android plugin to unity game, unity cannot override icon used in Android plugin..
    So, solution is you need to embed your icon in Android plugin itself. Before exporting to jar, Put your icon(3 sizes or 1, depends on you) in each drawable directory. In "AndroidManifest.xml", in line "android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher"", change "ic_launcher" to your icon filename(without jpg or png).

5. plato__

plato__

Hello wicked208,

I also had the same problem with you. When I called AdvertisementManager.ShowAds(); from the test script my app crashed. I finally found out that at the AdvertisementManager.cs I had to change the paths to "my_package/AdmobTestActivity" and not to "my_package/AdMobTestActivity". Be careful of that M which is capital at the second case.
    Again thanks MicroEyes for your plugin!

6. wicked208

wicked208

7. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

HI wicked208,
    i m reworking on my plugin to extend feature, not just showing Adv. My new features are:
    1. Re-positioning of Adv in runtime(or as per scene),
    2. Make Adv visible or invisible anytime.
    3. Completely Disable Adv programatically(no need to load plugin).
    4. Perform 2-3 Animations on AdView container so that they appear or disappear smoothly.

IT'LL WILL BE OUT BY THIS WEEK.. :D

8. wicked208

wicked208

ohhh, so great, i hope i can get it to work, thanks

9. damienthorn

damienthorn

How do I hide/disable the ads? It starts the game with ads even if I don't enable them...

10. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hi damienthorn,
    Just wait for more 24HRS. I m near to finish new Plugin new features.

11. damienthorn

damienthorn

Any updates yet?

12. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hey damienthorn,
    I m done with my code. Just need to wrap up..

13. Scorpio_gamer

Scorpio_gamer

Hey MicroEyes,
    Thanks for the package but its works in separate project and not in my game. Can you please tell me if there could be some conflicts that can be happening?

This was the error after deploying it on Nexus one, "The Application has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

PS: I am kind of confused with the ShowAds call, from where are the Ads getting handled?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  14. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hi Scorpio_gamer,
    Please w8 for just one more day. i m working on it. i m already running late with my new Admob plugin.

15. Scorpio_gamer

Scorpio_gamer

Sure thing. :)

16. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

New Admob Plugin Ready with cool features.. Give it a Shot..Check First Page.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  17. damienthorn

damienthorn

Thanks for the update. One mistake though: your eclipse project has in the java build path the JARs that are in your PC.
    You should tell people to change that in the guide.

18. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Oppps!!!.. Thankx damienthorn for reminding..

19. damienthorn

damienthorn

I'm trying the test scene that comes with the project but there is something wrong. I currently can't test it in a proper device, so I'm using the emulator. In the AdmobPluginCall.cs, the banner ads appear after the Instantiate and EnableAds() methods in the Start function. So far so good. But when I try any of the buttons (disable, hide, show ...) the app crashes. Any ideas?

20. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hi damienthorn,
    Please post device log, so that i can figure out issue.. Thankx..

21. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hi damienthorn,
    I have just download the plugin to test. Its working fine for me with guide i wrote on first page. i think your are missing something.. Waiting for your device logs..

Thankx

22. jason0202

jason0202

Hi MicroEyes,

I'm testing ur admob example and I followed all your new step-by-step tutorial.
    The app run smoothly when I installed in my device but the ads failed to come out...

Have you tested it in real device before?

Btw, I having one question: -
    For the "Implementation" Step no. 8
    Right Click on Project in Package Explorer(top most entry in try) -> Export. Then choose "bin" folder in "%YOUR_UNITY_PROJECT%/Assets/Plugin/Android/".

which options I need to check below after I select "bin" folder before I export?

Thanks

23. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hi jason0202,
    After the issue damienthorn was getting, i downloaded the package tried again. I had tested this on my LDPI HDPI devices. Working ok here.

About Export thing:
    Enable "Export generated class files resources", rests are disabled.
    And from Options, Enable "Compress the content of the JAR file", rests are disabled.

Select all files from Right side container ".classpath", ".project", "AndroidManifest.xml", "proguard.cfg" "project.properties"..

24. jason0202

jason0202

Hi MicroEyes,

Thanks for your quick response.

Just figured out, I forgot to turn on the WIFI of my device so the ads failed to come out...

Btw, I found out if I choose the setting you told me, compiled source files will not included inside the jar file generated which will cause compile apk crash on my device.

Now I choose, "Export all output folders for checked projects" everything runs fine and the ads comes out :)

Thanks for your great tutorial! It saved alot of my time! :)

25. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Heheheee... No Problem jason. Enjoy the plugin .

26. jason0202

jason0202

Hi MicroEyes,

Currently I have another jar activity that need to launch whenver the app start.
    The intent-filter :-
    action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"
    category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"

is already used.

I found out if I didn't put the intent-filter into Admob activity, the ads wont come out...
    Is it anyway to fix it? Thanks

27. damienthorn

damienthorn

This time I tested it on a proper device and it worked. The problem was on the emulated android.
    Thanks for the plugin!

28. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hi Jason,
    Please Create JAR file with already existed AndroidManifest.xml. The Create a new file named AndroidManifest.xml paste below code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="com.unity3d.player" android:installLocation="preferExternal" android:versionCode="1" android:versionName="1.0">

<supports-screens android:smallScreens="true" android:normalScreens="true" android:largeScreens="true" android:xlargeScreens="true" android:anyDensity="true"/>

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="7"></uses-sdk>
    <application android:icon="@drawable/app_icon" android:label="@string/app_name" android:debuggable="true">

<activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerProxyActivity" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    </intent-filter>
    </activity>

<activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen">
    </activity>

<activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen">
    <meta-data android:name="android.app.lib_name" android:value="unity" />
    <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="true" />
    </activity>

<activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.VideoPlayer" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen">
    </activity>

<activity android:name="com.google.ads.AdActivity" android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize">
    </activity>

</application>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>
    </manifest>

After that, backup old AndroidManifest.xml File replace it with new AndroidManifest.xml. build your unity project.
    Theres code line above:
    <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="true" />
    Try to set its value to both true false.

Please reply if it solves your problem. Good Luck.

29. jason0202

jason0202

Hi MicroEyes,

Thanks for your reply.

Are these the steps you meant to tell me? :-
    1) create AdmobActivity.JAR (which contains Class files, ".classpath", ".project", "AndroidManifest.xml", "proguard.cfg" "project.properties"..) from Admob.7z and put under my unity game folder "Assets > Plugins > Android > libs"

2) also create JAR (which contains Class files, ".classpath", ".project", "AndroidManifest.xml", "proguard.cfg" "project.properties"..) files for another plugins and put under my unity game folder "Assets > Plugins > Android > libs" too

3) create a new AndroidManifest.xml (with the contents you showed me) and put under "Assets > Plugins > Android"

4) backup my old AndroidManifest.xml and replace with the new AndroidManifest.xml from step 3.

5) try to <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDal vik" android:value="true" /> "android:value" to true and false and see what happen.

Is it my understanding is correct? Thanks

30. jason0202

jason0202

Hi MicroEyes,

It still not solves my problem. Admob and all my existing activities/plugins not starting. Thanks

31. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hi Jason,
    I was working on it to make admob plugin independent. i m facing some issue with it. i actually need some time, may be 2-3days, to make Admob independent.

32. crazyKnight

crazyKnight

@MicroEyes

i was able to create a jar file successfully but when i run the project on a device it force closes and gives this particular error on the debug log

com.mds.catchybasket.AdmobActivity.onFailedToReceiveAd(AdmobActivity.java:390)

33. jason0202

jason0202

Hi MicroEyes,

After some days of investigation, just found that it's impossible to make 2 activity call as MAIN during application launch.

I suggest that you may make your admob plugin independent by changing AdmobActivity.java into a static class.

You can add in an extra android.content.Context parameter into every static functions of AdmobActivity.java.
    2nd step is changing the code of AdvertisementManager.cs inside Unity and passing in the "currentActivity" object.

The situation is something like this: -
    Code (csharp):
    1. AndroidJNI.AttachCurrentThread();
    2.         AndroidJavaClass admob= new AndroidJavaClass("com.admob.test.AdmobActivity");
    3.         AndroidJavaClass jc = new AndroidJavaClass("com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer");
    4.         AndroidJavaObject current_Activity = jc.GetStatic<AndroidJavaObject>("currentActivity");
    5.         admob.CallStatic("InstantiateAdv", current_Activity, param1, param2, ....);
    3rd step is to make android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity" as the main activity

Just my 2 cents. I still haven't test it out whether works or not.. because I just have few days of development experience on Android.

Hope this will help you and quickly come out a great FREE admob plugin. Thanks

34. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

THankx Jason for your help.. I have already tried this a few days ago had an issue with it. Actually i was successfully able to Call first static function in native ( e.g., Initiate() ). But when i call my next function in native ( e.g., EnableAds() ), this code wont call native function even gives no error. I don't know what to do. Don't even y this happening..
    If anybody have some info regarding this issue, please share with me.

35. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hey CrazyKnight, please provide me your whole application log.?
    According to me, You r missing something.. Post your debug log here i'll supprt you as soon as possible( max within 24hrs)..

36. crazyKnight

crazyKnight

@MicroEyes

Yes u were right i was missing something. Now my game is successfully showing ads and Thanx to you.

But now one more problem occur..how could we post our score on Facebook through this method, i.e. from AdvertisementManager script. Please help me with this.

I just got stuck at this point.

Thanks in advance..

37. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

You can't do this using this script.. But you can this as option..

baseURL = "http://www.facebook.com/dialog/feed?app_id=1312312321312";
    string pictureURL="Game Logo Link";
    string redirectURL = "http://www.facebook.com";

name = "I've collected " + collectedNuts + " out of 120 Golden Nuts in Game_Name!";
    string caption="Caption Here";
    description= "Description";

CarmellaTextLink = "Facebook Page Link";
    fullURL = baseURL + "&picture=" + pictureURL + "&name=" + EncodeString(name) + "&caption=" + EncodeString(caption) + "&description=" + EncodeString(description) + "&link=" + CarmellaTextLink +"&redirect_uri=" + redirectURL;
    Debug.Log("Facebook URL: " + fullURL);
    if(Application.platform == RuntimePlatform.WindowsWebPlayer)
    Application.ExternalEval("window.open('" + fullURL + "','Facebook')");
    else
    Application.OpenURL(fullURL);

private static string EncodeString(string str) //function that encode the string to HTML string header format
    {
    str = str.Replace("%", "%25");
    str = str.Replace("$", "%24");
    str = str.Replace("", "%26");
    str = str.Replace("+", "%2B");
    str = str.Replace(",", "%2C");
    str = str.Replace("/", "%2F");
    str = str.Replace(":", "%3A");
    str = str.Replace(";", "%3B");
    str = str.Replace("=", "%3D");
    str = str.Replace("?", "%3F");
    str = str.Replace("@", "%40");
    str = str.Replace(" ", "%20");
    str = str.Replace("<", "%3C");
    str = str.Replace(">", "%3E");
    str = str.Replace("#", "%23");
    str = str.Replace("'", "%60");
    str = str.Replace("\\", "%5C");
    str = str.Replace("\"", "%22");
    return str;
    }

38. Platypus Studio

Platypus Studio

Is it possible to use this package for AdMob implementation in an iPhone project?

39. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Aplogize Platypus, This Plugin is only for Unity Android.. iPhone version will be out soon..

40. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

this is free?

41. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Yes, Magthoom its completely free...

42. damienthorn

damienthorn

Any luck on making this plugin independent?

43. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

damienthorn, I have already tried this a few days ago had an issue with it.
    Actually i was successfully able to Call first static function in native ( e.g., Initiate() ). But when i call my next function in native ( e.g., EnableAds() ), this code wont call native function even gives no error. I don't know what to do. Can't even sat y this happening..
    If anybody have some info regarding this issue, please share with me.

I wants to add more functionalities in my Admob Plugin but with above stated issue, i can;t

44. Juice118

Juice118

Hey MicroEyes,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this tutorial. Java Plugins are something I had been avoiding for a while but seeing your tutorial here has got me to dive in and have a go. It has already taught me a lot, managed to get my own mini plugin working that returns a simple string from Java just for testing just by using this plugin as a guide:) But I am having difficulty with the admob plugin itself...

My question, should the complete test project work 'out of the box'? First of all I had a go with going through all the steps for my own project and the app ran on my phone but crashed whenever I tried to call an Admob function such as enableads(). I figured it was me missing steps or had something to do with target android platform or package names etc. So instead went back to basic and tried your 'complete project with the test scene' - I left everything as is eg Bundle identifier.... this crashed immediately on the phone stating "unfortunately admobnewtry has stopped."

Logcat shows:
    E/AndroidRuntime(26472): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate activity ComponentInfo{org.admob.test/org.admob.test.AdmobActivity}: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.admob.test.AdmobActivity

Clearly AdmobActivity is in the project's src folder and referenced in Advertisement manager with "AndroidJNI.FindClass("org/admob/test/AdmobActivity");"

So should it work as is? Or have I completely misread into that one?

Thanks.

45. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hey Juice118,
    I think u forget to change bundle identifier in Unity Player settings. Bundle identifier in unity must be "org.admob.test" .

46. Juice118

Juice118

Haha yeah mate did check that, in fact it had defaulted to that after unzipping (unless it was there from when I was playing around) I got simple mobclix going using plugin on this forum, so I know plugins from eclipse can work. So makes it hard to determine why it is crashing with this error given that with your complete project nothing really should need to be changed other than the bundle idetifier in order for it to run?

To test I redownloaded the 7z (full one, not just assets) unzipped, opened test scene in unity, checked calljava was on maincamera, entered bundle identifier in player settings and hit build and run. Immediate crash on phone with above error. Should work from that shouldn't it? No need to alter initiate in manager with ad id, or set test to true, or re export .jar with different settings etc?

Should note seems to be working for others, so don't let this post put you off trying Microeyes's hard work at all, must be a me thing.

47. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Hey Juice, Calm down dood.
    In my complete test Project(Admob.7z), i haven't added org.admob.test.jar. You need that file to call native. You have to create it from eclipse by follow steps on first Page.

And don't get angry. 17 people did it working. If u can't, its not my fault. I m here to help you not a slave.

48. Juice118

Juice118

Ummmm...Think you may have misread that mate. I was being appreciative for all you hard work and saying the problem is definately my silliness ... Me....and not the plugin at all. Read it again, not sure how you came to the conclusion I wasn't being anything but thankful, in fact I can't be thankful enough.. I think it is amazing someone like yourself does all this work and for free for us. :)

49. MicroEyes_old

MicroEyes_old

Oppsss.. I apologize Juice118,
    i misread your post took this on wrong way.
    And thankz to appreciate.
    Aplogize again.

50. Juice118

Juice118

Ok so I found my problem. Was not what I was expecting. Apparently I had done everything according to MicroEyes tutorial correctly. ( I am not as silly as I look !) I changed AvertisementManager.AdvSize.DEVICE_WILL_DECIDE to AdvertisementManager.AdvSize.BANNER in Instantiate and it worked which suprised me. I then tried all 5 AdvSize enums and all crashed except AdvSize.BANNER which worked perfectly. (the other sizes are for tablet only so that was expected) But Device will decide should work? I will have to pull it apart a bit when I get a chance and see if I can work out why it crashes with Device_will_decide for me as I do not think anyone esle reported having the same problem.

It works ! Thanks once again.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012