Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Controls Wish

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by Jonathan Czeck, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

HID support and a nice way to configure USB controllers and other controls using whatever gui toolkit is planned. A more obvious feature, yeah, but still a big one on the wish list. :)

Controls and configuration is my most dreaded part of mac game development. I miss the days of InputSprocket :(

-Jon

2. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

We do support HID. E.g. Gooball supports joysticks and gamepads.
    They can be setup in the input manager.

For gooball we added several InputAxes with the same identifier so you can use joysticks, gamepad and several keyboard combinations:
    w,a,s,d, arrow keys and 8,5,4,6. This technique works well.

At the moment there is no good way to configure input in the game though.
    I realize this is sub optimal. We will look at supporting input configuration in the game sometime after unity 1.0 is released.

Thanks for the request.

3. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

Ahh, I see in the docs that it does now. The reason I didn't think Gooball/Unity supported HID is because my Logitech Dual Action gamepad didn't work in Gooball and neither did my friend's gamepad on his machine.

cheers
    -Jon

4. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

Actually you are right, completely forgot about it. We don't support gamepads in the 1.0 release of gooball. Had some issues last minute with it so we had to take it out.

We do support it in unity and we will in the next update release of gooball.