Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Quantum Cold: Now Available in the Unity Asset Store

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by QuantumTheory, Mar 5, 2012.

1. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Asset Store Link

Quantum Theory presents, Quantum Cold, the first of 4 AAA-quality background packages for Unity3D.

Package Contains:

* 6 low polygon (~2000 triangles) meshes approximately 100mx100m in size. This is not a Unity Terrain. Duplicate, rotate, and compose these in your scene to your liking.

* 6 custom made, hi fidelity 2048x2048 diffuse and normal maps; a set for each mesh.

* 6 16bit greyscale displacement maps used to construct the mountain geometry. Need more geometry in the mountains? Less? Recreate them quickly with these displacement maps.

What is background geometry without a beautiful, natural sky? You also get:

* Custom made, extremely high resolution 360 degree arctic skybox. Each side of the skybox is 2048x2048.

We are also featured on the front of the Asset Store.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  2. fivearchers

fivearchers

Those are really nice!

3. Jaimi

Jaimi

I get an error on the webplayer - "invalid data file".

4. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, Jaimi. It seems alot of users have problems loading unity3d webplayer content. I've tried this on various machines and the webplayer does load the content.

Have you tried reinstalling the webplayer? Clearing the webbrowser cache/history?

If this problem persists with more users, I will host the content on another server and we can try again.

Thank You,
    QTE

5. Filto

Filto

Very Nice! How about an FPS version so we kan walk around on those epic mountains

6. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Thank you Filto. As advertised, these are background meshes. Depending on the resolution you set the textures, you can use these mountains for medium to far distance from the camera and maintain excellent quality. All textures in the package are sourced at 2048x2048.

If you wanted to walk on the mountains, you do have the option of using the provided 16bit greyscale displacement maps and creating a unity terrain from them.

7. sh0v0r

sh0v0r

They are amazing looking, very impressive work!

8. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

The price of the package is now reduced to 25$.

9. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Thank you to everyone who has purchased the Quantum Cold package. As an update, I will be producing another package and will be posting it soon!