Unity Community

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

1. Location
    UK, England

Rogue of the Sea - Game Dev - Recruitment - Accepting All

Thread Closed, Our new one has been posted Via our team Account, Omega Games. Click here to go to our new Thread.
    Last edited by JoystickKing; 03-16-2012 at 07:22 AM.

2. Posts
    Do you maybe mean Rogue? Rouge is makeup.

3. Location
    UK, England
    Changed, Thanks

4. Location
    www.tenkgames.com
    I saw this post before under a diff name did you get a name change?

5. Location
    UK, England
    No closed other, waited for it to drop to the bottom, Re-posted it with the name, that way it's not spam.

6. Posts
    I'm actually quite interested in this (I can't help on it) but I fully support this and look forward to it's work. It is actually qutie original (most "original" game threads are not that original at all). But good luck on your project!
    Completely new to game development and Unity? don't know where to start? You don't have to be a n00b, click here and you'll be a pro in no time! The complete scripting series will bring you from zero to hero!

Really guys, get over it. Everyone these days wants a MMO not single player. I know we should start out small but times have changed. Anymore in the game industry no matter how small or large you have to go big or go home!

7. Location
    UK, England
    Thank you Tehwut. I will be sure to update this thread every time we make progress.

8. Location
    Rapid City, SD, USA
    I'll admit to being interested in this also. If I wasn't working on my own 2D game plus two other projects I'd help you with writing, sound effects, and maybe music. But the music depends on what I have going on at that moment.

Let me give you a suggestion. I'd only have one music composer and 1 sound engineer. That way you don't have to worry about stylistic differences. Unless their style is pretty similar, than you don't have to worry about it. You could probably get away with having 2 sound engineers more so than 2 composers. Then again it all depends on the size of your project, i.e. the amount of work each particular person will be doing.

You might be also be able to get away with having less then 5 programmers. I'd say more like 3, but I'll let more experienced programmers answer that.

One more question then I'll shut up for a while (lol). Will there be any contract signings involved with this project? Like a Non-Disclosure Agreement or a Contributor Agreement (is there a formal name for this one)? By contributor agreement I'm talking about a contract stating that all work belongs to the company (to put it in a short way).

There are two types of NDAs. A Mutual and Unilateral NDA. A Mutual NDA is usually signed by insiders, a fellow game developer. A unilateral NDA usually signed by an outsider, like an accountant. I'm personally not as worried about it if people don't sign the NDA, but I do recommend a contributor agreement at least.

For those of you wondering where a noob like myself knows this, I got a kit called the Game Dev Kit. It's sold by an attorney named, Tom Buscaglia.

Here are 2 links for you:

http://www.gamedevkit.com/

http://www.gameattorney.com/

Edit: I could have the NDA definitions backwards. Also Is this game going to be free or paid? If it's paid it might be a good idea to pay royalties (% of payments). All of this is up to you though.

PS: I know I oversimplify things. Sorry in advance.

Another Edit: Do you have a Design Document prepared?
    Last edited by OmniverseProductions; 03-02-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Forgot some things

9. Location
    UK, England
    There will be no contract signing, because that scares people off. I take it in hope and trust that no ones steals our ideas.

Edit: Free, this is for volunteers.

Another Edit: No, the ideas are still in the making.
    Last edited by JoystickKing; 03-02-2012 at 04:53 PM.

10. Location
    Bristol, UK
    I'm glad you've found a good concept and I hope you find a good team. It might be worth looking at the ship-on-ship miniature games by Games Workshop for general game mechanics. They are slightly more in the strategy genre than your concept, but they still might supply some inspiration and basic combat mechanics since they are based on dice systems and simple mathematics.

Good luck Sean!
    Concept Artist

www.cdcant.com

11. Location
    UK, England

12. Location
    UK, England
    #Bump to get above spam

Note we are looking for 3d modelers who can model ships. we are also looking for character modeler who can model the Pirates, Spanish, British and other country's..
    Last edited by JoystickKing; 03-03-2012 at 12:13 AM.

13. Location
    Netherlands
    stick to a project already.

14. Location
    UK, England
    Yeah, this is the final project and we are going to stick with it.

Also we are in need of a concept artist to draw up some pictures of the galleons and someone who will be able to create the JoystickKing Logo as well as ROS (Rogue of the Sea)
    Last edited by JoystickKing; 03-03-2012 at 04:07 AM.

15. Location
    UK, England
    Note: This is a volunteer project, this will go onto be release for free download on various stores, any money made will go towards the funding of the game itself, such as web hosting. No one gets paid not even me and when I said any money made, that money will be made from the site it self, such as ads.
    Last edited by JoystickKing; 03-03-2012 at 02:46 PM.

16. Location
    UK, England
    Op Has been Updated
    New Account: Omega Games

New Thread: Here

17. Location
    Rapid City, SD, USA
    I just want to give you kudos for changing the overview. This one is much better. Some small punctuation mistakes, but I don't care about that very much.

This is just a hunch, but I think you'll get a much more pleasing reaction to the project now that the overview is more polished.

If you want to get even more people interested, show them what makes this unique. By showing I'm talking about posting the concepts that make this unique. If I were doing this I would give just enough concept information to get them interested in contacting you even more. Do not post every little bit of information on what makes this unique, just the important stuff. You'll have to experiment with this a bit though, but it will be worth it, trust me.

Just my opinion. There is always going to be at least one person that disagrees.

18. Location
    UK, England
    Thanks, But in order to get our concept art, we need a concept artist, our modelers are working well enough, but we do need to show our work. Thanks for the advice.

19. Location
    UK, England
    I take that back, I have just found a bundle of concept art of the final quality of the game, give or take a few things. You can never have a perfect quality game.
    Last edited by JoystickKing; 03-03-2012 at 04:12 PM.

20. Posts
    You own that image of concept art? Answer carefully.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast