Unity Community

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

1. Location
    Auckland central, New Zealand
    Do you understand why no one has never explained it to you before now?

2. Location
    The Soulless Land
    Quote Originally Posted by rik338 View Post
    With the right artists everything is possible.
    I never said it was impossible. I said it'd require "loads of extra work". Which would probably be major additions/improvements to the Unity source code.

3. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeweave View Post
    To have "good graphics" is to portray a contextual reality within a contextually believable and completely standardized hyper-real set of representations. i.e. hyper-real representations are accepted as their real counterparts within their own contextualized and standardized realities. This explains how stylized game worlds can have "good graphics" despite not being contextually realistic to our own reality and others can have "good graphics" by being hyper-realistic in the context of our own 'real' reality.
    WRONG

Good graphics are based on texture quality inside the game, model quality as to how many polygons inside the model, bump maps, effects, everything, graphics don't depend on the engine itself but the team using it mostly, anyone can make great graphics with unity, you just need the right amount of experience, other engines like UDK, CryEngine 3, Frostbite, have boosted effects, and camer effects + many other effects, that's why their products come out with great graphics, pre-made effects ready inside the engine, unity unfortunetly dosen't have that, so we have to create and implement dose effects, witch turn out to come out just like the others, just not as good thats all, i don't want crysis graphics i don't want battlefield graphics, when i say a battlefield feel i mean gameplay wise not graphics wise.

PS: I Never Said That i Sucked at The Other Engines, i Did Well, But None Were as Smart as Unity...

4. Location
    The Soulless Land
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There is no way to slap a universal definition onto "good" graphics. Please don't begin an eternal debate x\

5. Location
    I never said it was impossible. I said it'd require "loads of extra work". Which would probably be major additions/improvements to the Unity source code.
    Basically they should use a different game engine or have a major uphill battle that will likely make them quit the project anyway.

6. Location
    WRONG

Good graphics are based on texture quality inside the game, model quality as to how many polygons inside the model, bump maps, effects, everything, graphics don't depend on the engine itself but the team using it mostly, anyone can make great graphics with unity, you just need the right amount of experience, other engines like UDK, CryEngine 3, Frostbite, have boosted effects, and camer effects + many other effects, that's why their products come out with great graphics, pre-made effects ready inside the engine, unity unfortunetly dosen't have that, so we have to create and implement dose effects, witch turn out to come out just like the others, just not as good thats all, i don't want crysis graphics i don't want battlefield graphics, when i say a battlefield feel i mean gameplay wise not graphics wise.

PS: I Never Said That i Sucked at The Other Engines, i Did Well, But None Were as Smart as Unity...
    Your response shows no indication of even remotely understanding my definition. You are acting childish and unintelligent. This
    Good graphics are based on texture quality inside the game, model quality as to how many polygons inside the model, bump maps, effects, everything, graphics don't depend on the engine itself but the team using it mostly, anyone can make great graphics with unity,
    in particular contradicts itself and shows a lack of understanding of game engines in general and what they achieve.
    There is no way to slap a universal definition onto "good" graphics
    There is and I gave it.

7. Location
    The Soulless Land
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeweave View Post
    There is and I gave it.
    Then why do others, including me, disagree with it? There is no universal definition.

8. Posts
    Or Better, Everyone Has a little piece of the puzzle here, and each one dosen't undernstand each other... before we endup bringing up a unity forums fight here...

Also, graphics are already looking good enough past my expectations lool
    just need to work the engine a bit haha =P

- Daniel

9. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Traverity View Post
    Then why do others, including me, disagree with it? There is no universal definition.
    Agreed, +1

10. Location
    Hannover
    i love how every thread Traverty posts in goes instantly off-topic.

11. Location
    www.eboncourt.com San Diego
    I've noticed that phenomena, as well.

12. Location
    The Soulless Land
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpfsack View Post
    Post an example of an "instant thread highjack" so I can know you're not pulling that out of your ass.

13. Location
    Just because you don't understand/agree with the definition doesn't mean that it isn't true/correct. Its a contextual definition because games have different contextual realities and hence cannot be directly compared with a definition that excludes context (i.e. The graphical contextual reality of Mario for instance is very different to Skyrim and the context of the audience always changes over time while the game eventually or immediately reaches developmental stasis after launch.)
    I think everyone noticed that.

14. Location
    Hannover
    Post an example of an "instant thread highjack" so I can know you're not pulling that out of your ass.
    look at your posting history and keep arguing about it. seems you love to discuss useless stuff over and over

15. Location
    Jeez, kid. Enough, already. You're not a Moderator here. You don't even have a link to a demonstrable portfolio of work. Yet you inject yourself into every thread I see, resulting in off-topic hijacking. You specifically got a collaboration thread I was very interested in participating in closed.

Instead of trolling threads posted by noobs or by people who don't communicate well enough for your tastes, work on an actual game.

Let the rest of us try to get things going.

16. Location
    The Soulless Land
    You're claiming that I get "every" thread that I post in instantly highjacked. And I ask for an example. Don't try to talk down to me because you claim things and take no action in proving them. Just post an example of how I got a thread instantly highjacked. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'm not insulting anyone here. Nor am I claiming to be something that I'm not. I don't talk down to people, I don't try to intentionally undermine what they do. And I do not label people as anything without something to back it up. Most of all, I don't disrespect you guys even if I'm at odds with some of your posts. Please return this respect and show proof of what you're claiming.

17. Location
    You demonstrate zero respect for others, kid. You immediately make assumptions about their intentions, and then go on and on in a defensive manner. You, apparently, do not recognize this. Read over your posts in various threads. If you still cannot see what others are talking about, no amount of evidence will be useful.

This is supposed to be a site where not only amateurs but professionals can come to interact. Be more professional.

18. Location
    The Soulless Land
    Please. One example. One example of how I do any of the things that you're claiming. There is nothing unprofessional about wanting proof.

19. Location
    I rest my case.

20. Location
    Hannover
    Please. One example. One example of how I do any of the things that you're claiming.
    i sent you a PM...read it and quit the discussions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast