Unity Community

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. Posts

Dimensional Games Group Recruitment - (Multiplayer FPS)

Hello, My Name is Daniel Van Dijk (Danny), I Come in Behalf of Dimensional Games to Bring a Generous Offer to Recruit Some Talented People to Join us on Our Quest of Achieving Great Graphics And Beyond Great Gameplay!

We are trying to develop a multiplayer fps game, something with a battlefield feel, huge maps, great gameplay, great graphics and etc. for now we have 3 people, 2 map and game developers, and 1 modeler & map buildor, we are looking for talented programmers, eather in C# or in Java, we use both in some cases, we need more modelers, that know how to model with almost any program like Maya, 3DS Max, Cinema 3D, Google Sketchup and etc. we also need animators to animate the game, like characters and animals (any program).

About What we Are Looking Forward to Developing:

We want a game that has a battlefield feel to it, huge maps were you almost can't ever run out of surprises from, great streaming multiplayer for at least 20 people per map, being able to customize weapons, characters and etc.
    We want a game were the gameplay is way better and higher than graphics so the player can play for at least years without getting sick of it, we plan on launching a demo with 1 map, so people can give opinions for the betters, so we may get a little bit know out there, custumization is the top priorty since is what keeps most players addicted to the game, and adds that little something to it, we also look forward to making the game have a powerful look to it, with some eye catching graphics too it, most of all this is just 1/300 of what we plan on featuring.

Team Management And How it Works:

We listen to everyone in our team, we give 100% attention to them aswell, the game will change 90% depending on the teams opinion and ideas for the better of this project, we give credits to everyone who has put some effort into the project, everyone gets to test the pre-release, and more...

You can contact me on skype or us on email:

Email: dimensionalgamesupport@hotmail.com

Note: In Actual Contact i can explain 100x better than typing, so this is not all!

Team:

4/38

Needed:

Modelers 1/6
    Animators 0/6
    Programmers 1/8
    GUI Developers 0/4
    Photoshop Experts 0/2
    Map Creators 2/4
    Networkers. 0/8

What we Feel the projects might result into:

A great easy to understand multiplayer FPS, after all the intros you will be introduced to the main menu, were you may change video settings, check for servers, check credits, exit the game and etc, once you get to the lobby area, you should get a list of current open servers, options to create a server, options to find a server throw player IP, and etc, but before you get into the action, back at the main menu you have you account options, were you may customize you character to your likings, aswell as upgrade weapons, and choose especial abilities or choose diferent classes like assault, medic, sniper, and engeneer, (each class has diferent weapons) to use for the round, once all done, you may name the character (only once (permanently per IP)), (there will be a sotre for buying upgrades, clothes, armor, abilities and etc), ok were all done! once you have a team split equaly, the round will start, once in game you will have a bar in the bottom center of the screen, with a icons with the guns and itens you have equiped, by pressing 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 0 you may change into whatever you have equiped, bottom left you will have a mini map showing you buddies location and showing you location and the map in small size, at the bottom right you will have your current equiped gun icon, the ammount of amo you have loaded/to be loade, amout of granades and etc.
    Gameplay should be smooth, you get points for each enemy team kill, negative points for team kills, the more points from killing or capturing objectives, the more money for you to spend over at the store, there is also a class changing system for changing classes when you die, you also may use tanks, veichles, jets, and helicopters. the winning team gets a bonus of 1.5x points as the loosing team just gets the standard points from their kill.

This is just the basic explanation on what we think the game may turn into, it will or might change alot, and there is much much more too it!
    (Setting up Website with better explanation)

(NOTE: NO EXACT PLANS TO IT SINCE WE STILL DON'T HAVE A FULL TEAM)

Cheers!
    Last edited by dannyvandijk; 02-25-2012 at 08:45 AM.

2. Location
    The Soulless Land
    The amount of generalization in the OP...

If you want to be taken seriously in the exact realm of game development I advise you to refine your plans for the game so that they're exact. This doesn't mean that you can't have room for change, but saying things like "level of gameplay is 10x higher than graphics" is much too vague and will not convince the community that you're a serious developer.

3. Location
    Netherlands
    I hope you got a nice budget, also a GDD would be welcome.

4. Posts
    We do take projects seriously, we just have that sense of humor, we also don't look into people thinking of us as something serious, we are serious when it comes to projects, but from the exterior we tend to have fun, and enjoy most of it!

-Daniel

5. Location
    The Soulless Land
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyvandijk View Post
    We do take projects seriously, we just have that sense of humor, we also don't look into people thinking of us as something serious, we are serious when it comes to projects, but from the exterior we tend to have fun, and enjoy most of it!

-Daniel
    Let's hope that others share your sense of humor.

6. Posts
    Yeah haha, everything needs a little humor, keeps the team going

7. Location
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyvandijk View Post
    Yeah haha, everything needs a little humor, keeps the team going
    +1

8. Posts
    Humor is not bad. You just need to flesh out your ideas some more. You haven't really described what the game will be like, how it will play look and feel (huge maps with awesome gameplay and amazing weapons) is both boring and vague.
    Completely new to game development and Unity? don't know where to start? You don't have to be a n00b, click here and you'll be a pro in no time! The complete scripting series will bring you from zero to hero!

Really guys, get over it. Everyone these days wants a MMO not single player. I know we should start out small but times have changed. Anymore in the game industry no matter how small or large you have to go big or go home!

9. Location
    The Soulless Land
    Quote Originally Posted by TehWut View Post
    Humor is not bad. You just need to flesh out your ideas some more. You haven't really described what the game will be like, how it will play look and feel (huge maps with awesome gameplay and amazing weapons) is both boring and vague.

From what I deciphered, the lack of detail IS the humor.

10. Location
    Auckland central, New Zealand
    From what I deciphered, the lack of detail IS the humor.
    +1

11. Location
    Join us on Our Crazy Quest
    O.o

QUOTE ]battlefield feel, huge maps, great gameplay, great graphics [/QUOTE]

I did seriously not just read that. This is Unity3d not UDK or CE3.

12. Location
    The Soulless Land
    Great gameplay is very possible with Unity, but the others...not so much without loads of extra work.
    Last edited by Traverity; 02-23-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Extra

13. Location
    New Hampshire
    You said that you are searching for someone with C# or Java development skills, correct? Don't ask about Java, as you can't use it to program in Unity anyway. I know it is not dissimilar to C# but they two different languages.

You should ask for someone with C# skills and/or a Java development background. That might come in handy since you're looking for networking programmers.

Want an easy way to boot Linux from a USB drives on Mac? Like, you don't need to install or change a thing easy? I thought so. Try Mac Linux USB Loader!
    (And the forum thread)

US President Obama wants to hand over the Internet to a multinational body. Sign the petition to keep the web free!

14. Location
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Traverity View Post
    Great gameplay is very possible with Unity, but the others...not so much without loads of extra work.
    With the right artists everything is possible.

15. Posts
    We are already achieving that, NEVER illude youself with the idea created by seeing the result of other failures, some might just get there..
    Dreams are meant to be dreamed for a reason, to believe...I believe i can get there, with or without your help

16. Posts
    I Have used over 20 engines, trust me friend the concept that graphics comes from the engines are "stupid" it is the teams skills who can match up into making the game great with great graphics, the engines capability is just putting on makeup over the game with their fancy effects, we can do much better, unity 3d engine, in the right hands, can become a mortal weapon of mass destruction if you know how to use it and dominate it, great models, great textures and etc are what determine graphics way more then just the engine itself, the engine just throws in some ffects, thats it, and thats all, also, unity can match up competition for bad company if you know how to master it to that level, i don't come into game development not knowing what i'm doing, i have 1 year of experience with over 20 + engines, more than you could ever imagine, trust me i know unity like the tip of my finger, and i know what i'm throwing myself into aswell, otherwise i wouldn't have posted this.. haha

-Daniel

17. Posts
    You sir are the first person to come here, and finally understand what real games are made of, you trully understand and know how it works!

Claps*

-Daniel

18. Location
    *sigh* Danny you assume that its either the artists or the game engine that makes the graphics. The reality is that it is the combined effort of both but if one lets you down the result is bad. Just because you suck at 20 other game engines means nothing in terms of the graphic output of unity3d. If you have amazing artists (cgsociety quality is what i define as amazing) Unity3d will let you down compared to a engine that is designed for graphics such as udk or ce3. Unity3d is not designed for the hardcore graphics market, its designed for rapid creation of content in a easy to use environment. Unity3d excels in indie platforms that do not require hardcore graphics such as the appstore and as a learning environment for students with no previous game development experience and often no start-up capital. IF you really can prove me wrong then post screenshots, that's all it takes.

With the right artists everything is possible.
    *Sigh*

19. Location
    New Hampshire
    Now tell me what defines "good graphics". Everyone seems to know whether has good graphics or bad, but no one can ever tell me what makes good graphics. Is it colors? Textures? The "lifelike-ness" of the outputted rendering? What?

Want an easy way to boot Linux from a USB drives on Mac? Like, you don't need to install or change a thing easy? I thought so. Try Mac Linux USB Loader!
    (And the forum thread)

US President Obama wants to hand over the Internet to a multinational body. Sign the petition to keep the web free!

20. Location
    To have "good graphics" is to portray a contextual reality within a contextually believable and completely standardized hyper-real set of representations. i.e. hyper-real representations are accepted as their real counterparts within their own contextualized and standardized realities. This explains how stylized game worlds can have "good graphics" despite not being contextually realistic to our own reality and others can have "good graphics" by being hyper-realistic in the context of our own 'real' reality.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast