Search Unity

Unity 3d, and Visual3d.NET.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by puyaceo, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puyaceo

puyaceo

Hey,

I do not know hat Game Engine I should design the game on.

I do not know what the Pros and Cons are about Unity 3d and Visual3d.NET Game Engine.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  2. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Correct, unity sucks at rendering, it can hardly do 8bit.

Nah its fine, better then unity by far.

You should use Visual3d.NET it makes unity look like a kids toy.

3. andorov

andorov

Say what ever you want to them. None of you know what the hell you're doing anyway.

Unity can only render 375k polygons? Since when? Unity is an FPS engine? What?

4. Chris Aoki

Chris Aoki

Dude your credibility drops with every post you make. Seriously, pretty sure the only polygon limit you need to worry about with either engine is what hardware the end user is using. You could probably make a game that has like a million polygons per model, but I doubt even the most beefiest gaming rig could pull off more then a couple frames per second.

5. npsf3000

npsf3000

Disregard the above, it's obvious andorov is desperately trying to justify his investment in U3D when there is clearly a far superior alternative.

You've already elaborated on the vast gulf between the limited and graphically poor U3D, and the incredibly powerful, polished and beautiful Visual3d.net - so the only logical step is to purchase it and leave these poor deluded U3D fools to their demise.

6. Morning

Morning

Nevermind, I think I get it now.
    I uhm what? Visual3d looks like a joke and I hope this is a sarcastic thread but I can't tell.

7. andorov

andorov

I've come to my senses. I can't keep throwing good money after bad.

I will be moving to Visual3D.NET or UDK within days.

8. nipoco

nipoco

Dude, this was a sarcastic comment. Nobody switches to that Visual3d thing.
    Did you take a serious look on their website gallery? The screens and videos looks like Unity 2.5 or something. No offense.
    I don't understand how you came to the conclusion that Visual3d is capable of better visuals than Unity?

9. npsf3000

npsf3000

Why bother? This particular poster has a history of some very odd, and negative, attitudes. So let us wish him the best with his new engine.

10. GuyTidhar

GuyTidhar

I don't think UDK should have been bough into the conversation, since it makes you unreliable.
    Though apparently it didn't.

Anyways - you guys are really evil by heart.

11. nipoco

nipoco

Sure, Unity is not Frostbite2 or Cryenigne3. But with good artists you can create nice environments with Unity as well.

And it is not just the Gallery of Visual3d. The whole website looks like from the late 90's.
    I don't need to download the demo if they already fail to show some decent stuff in their gallery. That are just some guys who jumped on the 'Let's create a Game Engine and get Rich' Bandwagon. I love the meaningless stock photos on their site :D
    You can't seriously consider that stuff. I could understand if you would think about UDK or Cry, or even Torque. But that...
    Are you sure you are a CEO?

12. nipoco

nipoco

Um ok. I didn't know about that.

13. imump

imump

Im very curious as to why majority of your posts, Josh_sg1 are illegible, indecipherable and then you can speak (write) in a way that is...how do I say human?

So the question everyone is thinking and noone is willing to ask...

Are you a robot???......Some sort of Artificial Intelli..gence??? Chatbot??? :p

14. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

I'm honestly curious about this too ;-)

Do multiple people use the puyaceo account?

15. darkben

darkben

I call hax. Just so we're clear, I'm bookmarking and screenshotting this post. Then we all know I called it.

16. npsf3000

npsf3000

Go ahead. Study me. I'm always willing to have someone call me out as a troll etc - because that means I've made a mistake and therefor can take steps to rectify it.

On otherhand, you did absolutely nothing to refute my claim. I didn't say you lacked a unique POV, in fact I said that very thing:

This particular poster has a history of some very odd, and negative, attitudes.

If you wish to dispute the use of the word negative, then go ahead, I've got my evidence and am happy to debate such a point. Until such time however, I'd just note that your 750+ word speech does nothing more than reaffirm my statement regarding your behavior.

I wish you well with your experiences regarding Visual3d.net, and do not linger too long to respond to this post when you can be enjoying yourself in its community. Should you decide that Visual3d.net is incapable of satisfying you demands, and return to U3D - all I ask is a short post on this thread detailing what you learnt. This is however, completely optional.

17. janpec

janpec

Lol there are already plenty good engines out there that can consume you a lot of time when you have to decide for one, but adding something like Visual3d to equation is like complete waste of time. I think that engines like C4, Leadwerks (not sure yet), Visual3d, and similar should be added to "dead" list in devmaster engine list to stop confusion that people have when listing trough those engines. Those engines that are developed by single person have really hard time to stick up with competition, getting ahead of competition is almost doesnt exist for single features of those engines. There are great 3d modeling softwares that are better than rest of competition, but that is already different story than game engines.

Go with Unity and you will be fine, - dont like immature people on these forums? - go to UDK, but if you come back crying about heavy editor you will be just as immature as we are.

18. Jaimi

Jaimi

I like Unity for my projects. But looking at your GDD's, I would think in your case that Visual3D.net would be a better choice for you to choose for your project. Don't listen to these guys, just go ahead and do it.

19. vdek

vdek

What's up with this guy...

20. TehWut

TehWut

um....I'm pretty sure Unity is an WYSIWYG editor. Pretty damn great actually.

21. Unicron

Unicron

That's what I'd like to know...there's something a bit off with these guys...or probably just one guy, who knows.

22. imump

imump

Josh......

You need to realize that no engine is going to suit your needs 100%, from back when Visual3D just started till now, what progress have you made? Dont you realize that by stopping and starting and debating yourself and not learning the engine you have, you will never ever get anywhere.......Which you have proven to all of us, and hopefully you can see that yourself?

Just ask yourself, what have you accomplished in the last two years? Do you think it is time to "settle" on one engine and acknowledge that there is no 100% customized solution out there for your exact project?

You realize that the WYSIWYG editor in Visual3D is basically the same as in Unity? What is so different about it????

The Terrain editor in Unity is top notch, imports my many heightmaps...sure the outdoor aspect of the engine may not be as good as other engines, but apart of being a game developer is to work around limitations....for example, I may not be able to have a single terrain that is 10000 x 10000 big with vegetation, props etc, but I could have smaller terrains added together....you get the idea anyway.

The bottom line is, You will have to learn to program to make a game in ANY of the engines you choose......more specifically, you will have to program for a game that you want to create, there is no engine out there at all that will make YOUR game, exactly how you want it.

Just pick a engine and work on your game Josh, you have spent so much time defending yourself and fighting against yourself that you have nothing to show at all...a few models? 100? 200? 300? No big deal, in the grand scheme of things, you have not accomplished anything, so get crackin, Because after mid 2013, I'll be looking into the steampunk genre.......Noticed that PUYA isnt trademarked

23. runner

runner

Visual3D.Net is a fine capable engine which i tinkered with in the past, Unfortunately there is not a whole lot of public developers interest in the engine and the forums often went without any posting in 6 months of watching. I certainly think that if a game developer team with experience was prepared to go this route and considered networking as example they would be hooped to find a ready made 3rd party addon that integrated nicely. So i suspect Visual3D is best left with competent experienced development houses with resources to see a project to it's end.

My perceptions are skewed as a single developer both then and now having had to rely heavily on assets and 3rd party addon software.

Wish you Luck

24. imump

imump

What frustrates and annoys me, is that you obviously have NOT looked over Unity very well. That's a fact.

To create a Terrain? Seriously?

>Terrain Tab > Create Terrain......Uh....done??

You realize that Unity is Drag and Drop dont you? Drag a character onto the screen and it's done, if there is no controller on it, all you have to do is go to >Component > Character.....

You seem to only want reassurance from people who have no bearing on your project, talk to your "team" not us, their the ones making the game...not us. If they want to program in Unity and dont want to use Visual3D...then you have two options.......1/ Use Unity, 2/ Get new programmers!!!! Make a decision....

Regarding the trademark...you dont think it is neccesary to trademark "PUYA" Power Up Your Arsenal?? So you'll have no problem in myself trademarking that and you changing the name of your game?....Fair enough.

25. Unicron

Unicron

...huh? o_O

26. Traverity

Traverity

You don't want to trademark "PUYA", not if you comprehend all the hatred and negativity associated with the name.

27. imump

imump

:p Have no desire to "use" the name itself, other then it would be a nice change to never hear about it again ;)

28. Traverity

Traverity

Seeing as the person using the name has committed copyright-infringement (Selling and/or claiming ownership over stolen material), I don't think a mere trademark would stop them.

29. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

maybe just leave it guys, it is not helping anyone and just making a hassle for admins...

To puya 3d, i appologize for trolling you :)

30. Traverity

Traverity

Unless the CEO comes along and changes things, this conversation isn't exactly brimming with hatred or otherwise harmful intent.

This thread shouldn't be a hassle to the admins as it is now. But for some reason, I think PUYA/Josh should say his final goodbye in a glorious thread lock. It's only fitting x)

31. imump

imump

Chatbots dont have feelings....and I have to disagree that it isnt helping....as a chatbot learns by interacting with it.

Incase you guys dont understand, I think Josh is a chatbot of some sort........ :p

Josh is the name of the bot and the "_sg1" is the version I am guessing...haha

32. Traverity

Traverity

I've seen the PUYA person get butthurt in the past...chatbots don't get butthurt.

33. imump

imump

Well great! Just great! for the last two years I have settled that it was a chatbot of sorts....now speculation begins all over again on whether it is human or not.....

34. Traverity

Traverity

It? It's definitely a guy, there's no way a female or "it" could have balls as big as him. No way at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.