Search Unity

Too many threads error in Asset store manager

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by botumys, Feb 22, 2012.

1. botumys

botumys

I have a big problem. When I open Asset store manager in unity, if I choose my
    "magical effects" or "Landscape elements trees : conifers" packages I can modify them,
    but if I choose "landscape elements vol1" unity crash and give me this message :
    "Too many threads error".

I tried to export all the project in a package, create a new project, import the package and
    Asset store tools. But when the assetstoreMgr window try to open, same error and crash to
    desktop again. And now, I'm stuck and I can't upgrade my package :/

please, help me !

more informations:

In a empty project, I import asset store manager. I open it and choose to look at my tree package or magical effects, and it works well. but if I choose landcape element vol1, unity crash.
    It seems that unity try to connect the master server to collect information about packages and it crash when he try to collect info for one of them.

edit:

Screenshots showing how unity crash.

1) empty project with a fresh asset store manager imported
    2) I login
    3) In the asset store manager window, I choose to manage "landscape elements vol 1"
    4) crash.

Attached Files:

• $e1.jpg
      $e1.jpg
      File size:
      38.1 KB
      Views:
    • $e2.jpg
      $e2.jpg
      File size:
      39.5 KB
      Views:
    • $e3.jpg
      $e3.jpg
      File size:
      42.4 KB
      Views:
    • $e4.jpg
      $e4.jpg
      File size:
      56.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Yeah I have the same problem with mine cant update, seems to be the new tool cant handle downloading a lot of image files. I have posted about it and submitted a bug report, emailed directly and PM but so far had no response as to when this could be fixed or even looked at, rather annoying as I have customers who need the latest update. Other thread http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/12...v2.15-and.-3.5?p=835389&viewfull=1#post835389

3. elbows

elbows

Is that images as in the visual images that are shown in the store? If so would you consider temporarily using less images until they fix the problem?

4. botumys

botumys

Did unity crash during exporting package process ?
    And in the pending status, actually my package is marked as "new" (I can't publish it because crash). It's the same for
    you too?

5. botumys

botumys

The problem is that asset is inaccessible now, unity crash when you open asset store manager for this one.
    As SpookyCat said, the problem seems to occurs when the windows try to download images previously uploaded.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  6. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

You cant use less images it crashes before you get a chance to do anything, it no longer use the screenshots in your folder but downloads the ones already in use from their servers and it is that that is crashing the tool. So if you have an asset on the store which has more grabs attached to it than the tool has threads to download you are stuck.

For me the tool crashes just after I select the asset I want to update, it tries to get all the images from the Unity servers and crashes with the too many threads error.

7. elbows

elbows

Thanks for the info. So is the only temporary workaround right now to get 3.4 running, and use the 3.4 tools to change your number of screenshots, then go back to 3.5, or will that not work either?

8. botumys

botumys

I don't tried this solution, I just hope this problem will be quickly fixed :/

9. Bluestrike

Bluestrike

Got the same issue here.
    Started after Unity crashed during a upload.
    And already had trouble updating my packages before this crash: upload shows a 75% full loading bar for all my assets.

10. AEG

AEG

We got the same problems with Unity 3.5 and the latest versions of the assetstore-tools (v.3.0.7).
    At the first try to create and upload a new package, the package got stock in the pending list with the state "new".
    There is no hint to see that the assetstore-tool tried to upload anything.
    With each next try the package manager just crahed with the message "GC: too many threads".
    No Windows reboots or reinstalling of Unity did help.

Hope this will be fixed very soon, cause we need to update some packages for bugfixes etc and also want to upload ne packages.

Best Regards,

Andre "AEG" Bürger / VIS-Games

11. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

A bug report was submitted, and they have said they are working on it but that was a few days ago, haven't heard what the latest situation is or the time frame for a fix.

12. AEG

AEG

Thanks for the feedback SpookyCat. We also reported the bug to the Assetstore Team, since we got several bugs and problems since Unity 3.5 in combination with the Assetstore tools.
    Hope they will fix those problems asap, our customers are waiting for supports and updates.

13. Bluestrike

Bluestrike

Looks like they are unable to reproduce this on their end.

*edit* Looks like there is a update for the asset tools that fixed the issue for me.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012