Unity Community

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182
Results 1,621 to 1,633 of 1633

1. Posts
    Hey,
    I'm working remotely on a project and we are considering SmoothMoves. However, since I'm working remotely, I really need to be able to export my animations as video to show to my managers. I looked through the user's manual but it doesn't seem like you can export the animations as video clips?
    Please let me know if I have this wrong.
    Thank you.

2. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenaHail View Post
    Hey,
    I'm working remotely on a project and we are considering SmoothMoves. However, since I'm working remotely, I really need to be able to export my animations as video to show to my managers. I looked through the user's manual but it doesn't seem like you can export the animations as video clips?
    Thank you.
    You might be able to use LiceCap to make an animated gif.

http://www.cockos.com/licecap/

Name:  licecap.gif
Views: 111
Size:  81.1 KB
    Ps2D :: Photoshop Layers to Unity Sprites

3. Posts
    Thank you, that looks pretty good.
    Is there any guarantee of capturing the exact frame rate with something like LiceCap? If it lags, the animation wont be right.

4. Posts
    Animated gifs are very much lo-fi.

You can up the frame rate, but at the cost of file size (probably doesn't matter these days). But you can't change the color depth.

There's probably something free and good-enough you could use, but there's always commercial apps like ScreenFlow (what I use) for tasks like this. Kids used to use Fraps to record games, but I don't know what they use nowadays. I'm old. Get off my lawn.

Good luck adventurer.
    Ps2D :: Photoshop Layers to Unity Sprites

5. Posts
    Thank you for all the info!

6. Posts

why texture sometimes invisible?

Have a problem that some texture on bones is invisible, seem it remain but cant see them.
    I sometime close and open unity again or rebuild texture, which sometime can fix it, seem like depend on luck.

Name:  Screenshot 2014-03-24 17.23.34.png
Views: 109
Size:  1.53 MB
    (All Armor parts and weapon are invisible)

can someone help on this situation?
    thanks
    Last edited by Alfie; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:39 AM.

7. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfie View Post
    Have a problem that some texture on bones is invisible, seem it remain but cant see them.
    I sometime close and open unity again or rebuild texture, which sometime can fix it, seem like depend on luck.

Name:  Screenshot 2014-03-24 17.23.34.png
Views: 109
Size:  1.53 MB
    (All Armor parts and weapon are invisible)

can someone help on this situation?
    thanks

finally, it back them self :'D

8. Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenaHail View Post
    Hey,
    Thank you.
    I also use ScreenFlow for my captures. That's what I used to record my video tutorials located here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/echo17software/playlists
    echo17.com - Mobile games, apps, and Unity3D middleware

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | YouTube | Forum | Email

9. Location
    Texas
    SmoothMoves 2.4.1 Approved and in the Asset Store

Download here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/2844

Removed errors from the WP8 build.
    Be sure to back up your work and download the update into a new project. You can copy the code over into your current projects using your OS's file system to ensure no import errors occur. See this FAQ for more information on upgrading:

http://www.echo17.com/forum/index.ph....msg361#msg361

Check out this link for a complete list of changes:

http://www.echo17.com/forum/index.php?topic=2.0

FYI, you can follow these updates on my Facebook, Google+, and Twitter feeds as well (links in my signature)

10. Location
    Germany
    First of all:
    AMAZING ASSET!!

I'm creating a Castlevania 2D like Game with this - and the whole Character Animation.. from idle to Com o 14..etc.. visual equipment that moves perfectly. EASY AS HELL!!!
    thanks for that!

Now a small question:

My characters are using two weapons at the same time. these weapons can be freely mixed.. so the left hand has another than the right.
    Now i thought, using an atlas for each weapon. each atlas contains 2 sprites:
    Weaponname_foregroundHand.png
    Weaponname_backgroundHand.png

The background Hand sprite has an empty space in the grip part of the hand, so it looks like the character is holding it.

the question now is, how to change the weapon sprite when rotating from left-direction to the right. It would be strange to make the weapons flip hands when changing direction. So, the background weapon needs to be the foreground, and chane its sprite and atlas to the foreground one. Same reversed for the foreground handweapon.

Is there something like an array index in an atlas, that i can use to change from sprite 0=> 1 and vise versa?

11. Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosgod_Espér View Post
    the question now is, how to change the weapon sprite when rotating from left-direction to the right. It would be strange to make the weapons flip hands when changing direction. So, the background weapon needs to be the foreground, and chane its sprite and atlas to the foreground one. Same reversed for the foreground handweapon.

Is there something like an array index in an atlas, that i can use to change from sprite 0=> 1 and vise versa?
    Thanks for the kind words. Check out the TextureAtlas.cs script in the SmoothMoves_Runtime project of the included code. There are a number of arrays that contain texture names, guids, sizes, and pivot offsets. The arrays are all the same size with each element corresponding to the elements in the other arrays. So for instance, the third element of the textureNames array corresponds with the third element of the textureGUIDs array.

Alternatively, you could just keep your own array of weapons externally to the atlas somewhere in a data structure. For instance, always making the right hand weapon the first element of your array and the left hand weapon the second element, etc.

Hope this helps!

[EDIT]

For swapping, see this FAQ: http://www.echo17.com/forum/index.ph....msg373#msg373

[/EDIT]
    Last edited by echo17; 5 Days Ago at 11:45 AM.

12. Posts
    Hey there. Been shopping around for a 2d skeletal animation asset and i think im pretty much decided on smooth moves. Was wondering if it would be possible to add specific colliders like this:

Name:  forwardtilt.gif
Views: 16
Size:  240.5 KB

or would i need something like 2dcollider gen asset?

13. Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSpadez View Post
    Hey there. Been shopping around for a 2d skeletal animation asset and i think im pretty much decided on smooth moves. Was wondering if it would be possible to add specific colliders like this:

Name:  forwardtilt.gif
Views: 16
Size:  240.5 KB

or would i need something like 2dcollider gen asset?
    You can add as many colliders to your bones as you need. You just need to add one child bone for each collider. So, for example, if you had a body bone, you could add three child bones (each with their own collider): upper body, mid body, lower body. Or you could just have a single collider for each bone. In the example, a collider on the body bone without children.

You can add sphere or box colliders, but capsules are not supported. You can easily make multiple child bones, each with a sphere collider to achieve a similar result to a capsule collider.

I haven't used the 2d collider gen asset, other than downloading it and quickly testing it. I'm not sure what its capabilities are.

Also, keep in mind that colliders can be turned on and off at any point in the animation, so you probably only want them active when the relevant body part can attack. For instance, in your example gif, you would turn on the colliders at the end of the kick when the leg is able to do damage and have them off for most of the kick clip.

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182