Unity Community

Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1633

1. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by echo17 View Post
    SmoothMoves does not use Mecanim due to the fact that it supports Unity version 3.5 (which did not have Mecanim). Have a look at these forum posts for more information:

http://www.echo17.com/forum/index.ph...sg1847#msg1847
    http://www.echo17.com/forum/index.ph...sg1021#msg1021
    That's pretty unfortunate. There's no plans to eventually drop 3.5? It's pretty much ancient by now.

We're also seeing issues where animations aren't getting saved out correctly every time. We've got a walk cycle, an idle cycle, and an attack animation. When I try to play the walk animation by calling animation.play, I can only play idle and attack. Trying to play walk will just play the idle animation. Even forcing walk as the active animation will still cause it to only play idle.

I've looked at the animation in the Unity animation window, and the animation is there, but it is incredibly slow. The walk cycle takes place over 35 seconds instead of 1-2 seconds.

Is there something obvious we're missing? Does Smooth Moves not work correctly with 4.3?

2. Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigJerk View Post
    There's no plans to eventually drop 3.5?
    Not in the near future. I have a significant client base still using this version (mostly because of the cost to upgrade to 4.x pro, along with the cost of each pro addon). I believe Unity has something in the works to allow multiple choice when downloading an asset. If they do implement that, then I could branch my code and let users select the version they want based on their Unity version.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigJerk View Post

We're also seeing issues where animations aren't getting saved out correctly every time.
    I haven't seen this before. I use SmoothMoves in Unity 4.3 in my own projects. If you want, you can send me your invoice number you received when you purchased the plugin and an example project demonstrating the issue. For more info, have a look here:

http://www.echo17.com/forum/index.ph....msg800#msg800
    Last edited by echo17; 02-19-2014 at 02:35 PM.
    echo17.com - Mobile games, apps, and Unity3D middleware

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | YouTube | Forum | Email

3. Posts
    I haven't seen this before. I use SmoothMoves in Unity 4.3 in my own projects. If you want, you can send me your invoice number you received when you purchased the plugin and an example project demonstrating the issue. For more info, have a look here:

http://www.echo17.com/forum/index.ph....msg800#msg800
    I appreciate the offer, but we're now switching to Sprites and Bones since it integrates with Mecanim and works with our existing 2D toolkit workflow.

4. Posts
    Hi eco17.
    Any plan to implement a tool to export animations created in Smooth Moves to Unity Animation?
    Or any idea how to export Smooth Moves animations to Unity?

Thanks.

5. Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by garrot View Post
    Or any idea how to export Smooth Moves animations to Unity?
    SmoothMoves already exports animation files within Unity using the legacy system. If you are asking about Mecanim enabled animations, see a couple posts above.

I'm not really familiar with Unity's new animation structure, so I can't give any good advice on how to create it. However, SmoothMoves comes with the full runtime and build source, so you can dig through the BuildHelper.cs class in the SmoothMoves_Build project. This is what creates all the mesh structures. You might also need to modify BoneAnimation.cs in the SmoothMoves_Runtime project to use what you built.

6. Posts
    Nice, after reading all the thread we figured out from where all our problems and bugs come from. So you just abandoned the 4.x unity user without any notice.

Yes, we leave this ship too, what a waste of time use your product.

7. Location
    Texas
    Check out this awesome new game from the gurus at SGN. All animations were done with SmoothMoves!

Last edited by echo17; 03-03-2014 at 06:47 AM.

8. Posts
    Indeed, looks great, motion looks very smooth

BTW, is there an easy way to flip the whole model left/right ? Say i have created it looking right in the editor and want to have the same looking left

9. Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by nasos_333 View Post
    BTW, is there an easy way to flip the whole model left/right ? Say i have created it looking right in the editor and want to have the same looking left
    Take a look at this FAQ: http://www.echo17.com/forum/index.ph....msg381#msg381

10. Location
    Texas
    Check out PNG recorder. It lets you take your 2D animations and export them as PNG sheets for traditional sprite animation:

Asset Store Link

11. Location
    Texas
    SmoothMoves will be on sale Tuesday, February 25th in Unity's 24 Hour Deal sale. Grab it while it's hot!

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/2844

12. Location
    Texas
    I've decided to extend the sale on SmoothMoves for a bit longer. If there isn't much interest, I'll put it back to the regular price. Happy animating!

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/2844

13. Location
    California
    Check out this awesome new game from the gurus at SGN. All animations where done with SmoothMoves!

Thanks for the shout out! I was amazed with what our artists were able to do with Smooth Moves. =)
    Garth Smith
    Games. Math. Code.
    Lead Programmer, Tic Toc Games

14. Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth Smith View Post
    Thanks for the shout out! I was amazed with what our artists were able to do with Smooth Moves. =)
    Me too. I especially love the way the momma panda moves around. I couldn't tell that she was actually made up of individual textures, she moved so fluidly.

FYI, I am now addicted to your game, so thanks for that

15. Location
    Texas
    SmoothMoves will be going back to its original price soon. I have submitted the change to Unity, so when it is approved, it will go off sale. Snatch it up while you can!

16. Location
    Texas
    Check out Conquest of Champions, a new game by KihonGames. All animations were done with SmoothMoves!

Conquest of Champions
    Website | Facebook | Twitter | Play Now!

Last edited by echo17; 03-03-2014 at 06:47 AM.

17. Location
    Texas
    Check out Ladybird - I'm ready to Spell, a new game by Penguin Books. All animations were done with SmoothMoves!

Ladybird - I'm ready to Spell
    iTunes | Google Play

18. Posts
    Hi guys,

Sorry echo17 if some questions of mine are repeated here, because are 81 pages to pass though. I'm considering to buy this asset so hard, maybe it completely fits my needs:

- Can I animate 2D and also 3D chars or only 2D?
    - It uses skelenton tecniques for animations, so I can just change sprites and all animations continues to animate as well if the parts are similar?
    - Is there some support to change easily sprites of animation on the fly?
    - Can I export animation for spritesheet or do I need some external tool to accomplish that?
    - Some promotion will be launching soon?

Thanks a lot for patience and keep it up!

19. Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelheit View Post
    - Can I animate 2D and also 3D chars or only 2D?
    SmoothMoves is just for 2D animations, but they can exist in a 3D world. Technically the animations are 3D, using a skinned mesh, but all the triangles are in the same plane so it makes them appear 2D.

- It uses skelenton tecniques for animations, so I can just change sprites and all animations continues to animate as well if the parts are similar?
    Yep, you sure can. Take a look at this video:
    (The process has improved since this was recorded. You can now set your pivot points in the atlas so you don't need to override them each time you swap out a texture.)

- Is there some support to change easily sprites of animation on the fly?
    You can swap textures at runtime programmatically. Have a look at this video:

- Can I export animation for spritesheet or do I need some external tool to accomplish that?
    SmoothMoves doesn't have this functionality out of the box, but there is a plugin on the asset store that claims to do this. I haven't tried it myself, so I can't give a good review, but it is priced fairly, so you might want to take a look:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/13272

- Some promotion will be launching soon?
    I just had a sale at the end of last month, so it will probably be a while until the next one. You can watch this thread, or the social media links in my signature for announcements like that.

20. Posts
    Thank you for reply, your framework is really impressive and I want it. Soon I'll take it. Thanks!

Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast