Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 3.5, the disappointment ! [Solved]

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by _rem, Feb 17, 2012.

1. _rem

_rem

Hello,
    I installed in a different directory, the version 3.5 in addition to the version 3.42 but the 3.42 does not work.
    I develop a game for 10 months now, I tested it on version 3.5 and then surprise in the same scene:
    250 "Draw calls" with the 2.42 (img 1)
    1000 "Draw calls" with the 3.5 (img 2)
    I recalculated lightmapping, Occlusion Area but no improvement after two days of testing ...
    Version 3.42 compiled, played in the Web player 3.5, loses 100 FPS
    Version 3.5 compiled, played in the Web player 3.5, loses 150 FPS
    I uninstalled the 3.5, installed the 3.42 again but it still does not work ! (img 3)
    I left "Director-3D" for "Virtools", I left "Virtools" for "Unity3D" and today I am really disappointed with this version.
    You have an explanation ?
    thank you...

2. Vectrex

Vectrex

That stat box says you have 4 times the tri's. Try and isolate which mesh is unusually bumping it up, by toggling the GO's would work

3. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

4. _rem

_rem

Thank you for the answers !

The problem is "Projectors" if I delete all "Projectors" in the scene, the number of "Draw Calls" is identical to version 3.42.
    In the "Statistics Window" "Used textures" is always to 0 with "Projectors".
    But why now "WBO Total = 2337" ?

Another "bug": if I use the script: "Vignetting" (version 3.42) the "Draw Calls" are multiplied by 2 even if after I deactivated the script: "Vignetting"

5. _rem

_rem

I forgot, thank you for the new tools in version 3.5, but when this version will be truly operational ?

:cool:

6. Owen

Owen

Post effects are not designed to be turned on and off at runtime. Some of them turn on depth/normal buffer rendering on the camera, and you need to turn that off yourself if you want to keep the draw calls down.

7. Dreamora

Dreamora

there is a known bug in unity 3.5 with projector + static batching that will make the drawcalls go crazy