Unity Community

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Azert2k View Post
    You don't need to make that, just import your mesh and convert it to T4M (convert Tab, not just for Unity terrain), T4M will make that automaticly.
    I suggest you to follow the tutorial, it show how make that : http://azert2k.fr/T4MBE/tutorial.html
    Ok, thanks, I'll watch it!
    Video is great, but I think that it would be great to have a manual that will go over the features in a written form. Something like documentation, because it's pretty tedious to watch the whole video.

No, you can't, Max ask me to make shader with detail, I will make that, when I have a time.
    Looking forward to this shader!

Thanks a lot for all the effort you put into the development and support!

2. Location
    France
    Ok, thanks, I'll watch it!
    Video is great, but I think that it would be great to have a manual that will go over the features in a written form. Something like documentation, because it's pretty tedious to watch the whole video.
    Yes I know, but my english is really middle. So, the video speak much more that the words...
    Pairs Mania

T4M Sources Edition
    Mobile Starter Pack #1 : FPS

My little game that I made for the contest : GreenZone

3. Location
    Lost in Space....................*_*_*_....
    Hello,
    well great tool ! Respect !
    So i wish i could do infinite terrain with it....

Request: T4M infinite terrain Plugin ? (I would pay for...)

Well i'm looking for a infinite terrain solution for Mobile....
    I have one working but i takes too much power on Mobile ... so i have no CPU for other stuff on iPad 1
    Would it be possible to have a Script for it ? Can you make it into T4M ? When ?

many many thanxxx
    Life's What You Make It - don't forget it's YOU

4. Location
    France
    hi,

I don't have time now, but I will think of that, for next updates.

Best Regards

Stephane
    Pairs Mania

T4M Sources Edition

5. Location
    Canada
    Ok, another question

What's the fastest light for iOS - point light or directional light? Which one should I use?

I wanted to further optimize my game by using vertex light, instead of a pixel light. But when I switched to vertex light, all my terrain suddenly turned really dark (I suppose the terrain wasn't affected by the light). I'm using lightmaps, so what shader would you suggest to use to still keep the lightmaps and to have a vertex light? Or maybe you would suggest to stay with a pixel light? But than how big would be the performance drop? I'm using a terrain of around 4k triangles.

6. Location
    France
    For mobile the best choose is vertex light(not important light), but lightmap is a best choose, because the light is baked and you can use dynamic light only on non-static objects (use 2/3/4 textures mobile lightmap shaders for that). In this last case the light don't affect the terrain after baking (like unlit shader). The performances are maximum.

For correct framerate on mobile use 3textures shaders or less if you can. 4 textures work very well, but like always if you want more fps choose less textures.
    Pairs Mania

T4M Sources Edition

7. Location
    Amsterdam
    Is it possible to make t4m combine/bake the texture layers into a new texture, baking the information into a 2048 map?

I would love to try this for performance, I know the texture tiling will have lower resolution but I think it will look fine for my maps.

Thanks
    Last edited by Lars Steenhoff; 03-07-2012 at 02:26 AM.

8. Location
    France
    Not yet, but you can make that manualy, I will make an update for that
    Pairs Mania

T4M Sources Edition

9. Is it possible for anyone to provide some different low poly tree models that work well with LOD. I have been trying to build some and I just don't have the skills to do it.

10. Location
    France
    You can find Tree asset with LOD on AssetStore. But I don't know if anyone made in very low poly for mobile.
    Pairs Mania

T4M Sources Edition

11. Location
    Canada
    I'm having some issues with the lightmaps, could you please take a look at my thread here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/126...s-in-photoshop

Thanks!

12. Location
    France
    Photoshop have some difficults with 32bits alpha... same issue with blend textures. Try to use GIMP
    Pairs Mania

T4M Sources Edition

13. Location
    Canada
    So I've downloaded GIMP, went over the same process once again with no luck what so ever. The terrain remains the same - extremely bright.

14. Location
    France
    I think you need to ask at Unity Team, I don't know why we can't edit some texture generated by Unity...
    Pairs Mania

T4M Sources Edition

15. Location
    France
    New Version : 2.2.0b

Converter
    - Fix LoadTime issue when you convert an UnityTerrain

Global
    - New Menu : LoadTime Optimization

New DEMO available 2.2.0b HERE
    Pairs Mania

T4M Sources Edition

What exactly is the feature for the loadtime? is this loadtime of the T4M in the editor or loadtime of t4m objects when loading new scene?

17. Location
    France
    In fact, a customer said to me that it have a load time problem with unityterrain converted mesh.
    On iPhone/android the load time of single scene (just mesh) take 40sec, so I have modified model importer script to fix that (we can make that manualy), now the same scene take 5sec.

Plus, because a lot of people don't think to use the mesh compression feature of Unity, I made a menu to adjust the mesh compression... In this case, with the most high value, the same scene take nothing, in load time.
    Pairs Mania

T4M Sources Edition

18. Location
    Canada
    I think you need to ask at Unity Team, I don't know why we can't edit some texture generated by Unity...
    Ok, I figured it out - it turned out very simple, I just had to check the "lightmap" option when importing the texture. Before I had the "texture" mode selected.

Another question - what's the recommended polycount for trees for use on iOS?
    Are the trees created with unity tree creator suitable for iOS?
    How do I optimize the trees to have multiple LODs? I know how to optimize the tree's body in TopoGun, but how do I optimize the leaves?

Maybe you would suggest some tree packages that're good for iOS and have low polycount?

Thanks a lot!

19. Location
    France
    Cool

So, for a big density, if you can have trees with less than 300 vertices , it will be perfect... but you can use more 600 for close Objects, 350 for middle objects, and 200 or less for far objects.

Keep in mind, that transparent objects have a big impact on performances, so if you can cheat with textures (mainly on middle and far objects), do not hesitate !

Unity tree creator is great, but to have a good tree with little of vertices, its very difficult.

for my demo scene, I have cheating, because I had made already the middle object, and I smooth the geometrie for close object, and delete some tris for far objects.

It's for that, that result is not good, (visualy speaking), but it demonstrate correctly the system.

How do I optimize the trees to have multiple LODs? I know how to optimize the tree's body in TopoGun, but how do I optimize the leaves?
    You must use your favorite 3D software for that (maya, blender, max...), I have understand you use ZBrush, I think... So, I suggest you to create a simple tree for far objects, and complexify with it for others LOD (I think you can, I never try this software).

Maybe you would suggest some tree packages that're good for iOS and have low polycount?
    Sorry, I have no idea, I would have to look in the assetstore and web.
    Pairs Mania

T4M Sources Edition

20. Location
    Canada
    You must use your favorite 3D software for that (maya, blender, max...), I have understand you use ZBrush, I think... So, I suggest you to create a simple tree for far objects, and complexify with it for others LOD (I think you can, I never try this software).
    Thanks for your answer!

How would I export a tree created with unity tree creator into .obj?

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast