Search Unity

Help, i broke the hinge joints.... again :(

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by TylerPerry, Feb 12, 2012.

1. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Hi, once again i am having dificultys due to hinge joints in my game Pillar snake, but this time i broke them for some reason they started acting strange.. they have huge gaps even though the anchor is only 1.5 along the x axis and i just canot fix it ive spent hours trying unsucsessfuly and i realy cannot put my finger on the problem.

They also arnt realy hinged onto the piece infront of them they just go anyplace, its realy annoying.

They are supposed to instantiate the next piece at a empty game object -1.2 along the x behind current segment this is called "Defunk", then the hinge joint conects to the piece infront that is the parent of "Defunk" the hinge joint is located 1.5 along the x axis infront of the piece that has just been created.

This is the build that last functiond correctly: here

And this is the current build that dosent: Here

If you can help please tell me eather the fix(proboly not as you cant see my project) or i can give you a link to my project, but i cant post it here just incase someone steals it(unlikely but still :))

If anyone can fix it ill give you a credit in my games credits :)

2. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Never mind i fixed it after over 4 hours of trying i am so mental it ended up being that only the first body segment is needed to have a offset and all after that it is not needed GRRRRRRRRRR there goes my sunday :(