Search Unity

Public WebPlayer RC4 Testing.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by CreativeChris, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CreativeChris

CreativeChris

Unity Technologies

Calling all Unity developers / users:

As the release of 3.5 is approaching we are encouraging everyone to download our 3.5 Web Plugin and test already published content on various browsers and operating systems.

You can download the plugin from here: http://beta.unity3d.com/download/407901864328/beta-webplayer.html

To test the plugin follow these simple instructions:

1. Uninstall currently installed WebPlugin - Windows: Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program - Mac: Library -> Internet Plugins -> Select Unity Plugin -> Move to Trash -> Empty Trash

2. Open our download page in your browser: http://beta.unity3d.com/download/407901864328/beta-webplayer.html

3. Download the plugin and install

4. Restart Browser and begin to test your chosen content

In the unlikely case you experience any problems please submit a bug report using the Unity bug reporting tool in Unity, Help -> Report a bug -> Please reply to this thread with the case number.

Thanks everyone :)

2. mgear

mgear

my webplayers seems to work fine here
    firefox10, win7 64bit

3. Ayrik

Ayrik

Trying to play: http://ayrik.com/games/hackslash/ (game in my sig), and the most left clicks are being recognized. Everything else including UI, scene streaming, physics, and asset bundles seem to be working fine.

Windows 7 64-bit
    Chrome 16.0.912.77 m

Upon further testing, it seems that left-click works once, then appears to hold it down even though I'm not pressing it, until I right-click, which does the same thing.

4. CreativeChris

CreativeChris

Unity Technologies

Hello Ayrik,

Is this different behaviour from having the 3.4.2f3 plugin installed? if so, please file a bug immediately so we can investigate further

Thanks.

5. Tecknomancer

Tecknomancer

Windows XP pro with 18.0.1025.11 beta-m Chrome works perfectly right click full screen is working tested on a Virtual Gallery setup to test average amount of model and textures;)

6. Ayrik

Ayrik

Chris, I tried to uninstall the test version but it still kept playing even after restarting the browser. So I downloaded the retail plugin from the site and installed over top of the test one. Anyway, the behavior of my game in version 3.4.2f3 of the plugin works flawlessly. Please note that this game was built using Unity 2.6.1....so it's pretty old.

I don't know how to file a proper bug report (mine always seem to be ignored), but if you let me know the correct way and place to report it I will do so.

7. CreativeChris

CreativeChris

Unity Technologies

To file a proper bug report follow these simple instructions:

1. Open Unity
    2. Help -> Report a Bug
    3. Select the type of problem how often does it happen - include your primary email address
    4. Fill in a description and reproduction steps, along with an example scene and screenshots/video
    5. Hit send error report button
    6. Wait for the email confirmation which will include the unique case ID, which will be a 6-digit number

Apologies if you haven't had any replies to your previous bug reports, we are always processing the long list of reports we get in.

I did investigate the problem you reported myself and I managed to reproduce, so I submitted a bug report to our developer who is currently investigating the issue, I'll provide you with an update once it's fixed :)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Chris

8. Ayrik

Ayrik

Well, I don't have a scene, and I can't access that project or Unity 2.6 anymore....Sending an example is pretty much impossible. So should I do it that way still or not?

9. CreativeChris

CreativeChris

Unity Technologies

Well, as I mentioned, I filed the bug already and I will update you when I know more, so don't worry about reporting this bug.

In the future, when you report bugs to us you can follow those simple instructions. :)

Thanks!

10. Ayrik

Ayrik

Awesome, sorry I can't read! By the way, I noticed nobody is really testing this version for some reason. Maybe if the thread was called "Public testing of the Unity 3.5.0f4 WebPlayer" like the others it would get looked at more....?

11. Jaimi

Jaimi

I checked this link out with the new webplayer, and it seemed to work fine under OSX 10.7

12. KnifeFightBob

KnifeFightBob

Tested the hack n slash game as well. Results identical and seems to work perfectly.

Mac OS X 10.6.8
    Safari 5.1.2
    Opera 11.61
    Firefox 10.0.1
    Chrome 17.0.963.46

13. CreativeChris

CreativeChris

Unity Technologies

Thanks everyone who downloaded and tested the WebPlayer with published content.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.