Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Facial skeleton rig for Game Characters inside of MB 2012

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by makan, Feb 10, 2012.

1. makan

makan

Hey Guys :)

I'm making a video game and i want my characters have facial animations,

I've worked with Motionbuilder 2010 and it's great for game characters and i know you can make facial animation with it by morph targets and match it with the audio stuff like that but the problem is video game characters ain't work good with morphing (correct me if i am wrong) so making Facial skeleton rig is more common,

I also have finished Pen Production intermediate rigging with professor Paul Neal and i can rig a character with that procedure but it will take more time and motionbuilder 2012 gives me more freedom for animating with downloadable motion capture stuff and overall i can save more time with it, my question is :

Is there anyway that i use motionbuilder 2012 for Facial animation without morph targets or motion capture devices, can i make Facial skeleton rig inside of max and export it there and do the facial animations, can MB 2012 characterize that?

I'm really lost i want my game characters have facial animations that can be export to a game engine and i want to use motionbuilder 2012 for that but i don't know the way please someone help me out of this :)

thanks.

-Makan