V-Fog Volumetric Fog Shapes Now on Asset Store
Requires Unity Pro 3.4
- Create volumetric fog areas from any convex mesh.
- Adjust falloff using simple gradient textures
- Low pass rendering to reduce fillrate
- Fully integrated into the Unity Editor
- Great when mixed with particle effects
Low introductory price of 35$
More info click here
Web player demos
Screenshots have been compressed so there is some color banding.
Neat idea. I could see it now, using toruses on mountain peaks, Skyrim style
Those problems should be fixed in the next version I just submitted to the Asset Store. Unity 3.5 is now supported also. The demos should now work in webplayer 3.4 and 3.5.
Working on a game for a low-end device, does this require additional camera passes/render textures, or were you able to do it with some clever shader passes?