V-Fog Volumetric Fog Shapes Now on Asset Store
Requires Unity Pro 3.4
- Create volumetric fog areas from any convex mesh.
- Adjust falloff using simple gradient textures
- Low pass rendering to reduce fillrate
- Fully integrated into the Unity Editor
- Great when mixed with particle effects
Low introductory price of 35$
More info click here
Web player demos
Screenshots have been compressed so there is some color banding.
Yeah it's Unity 3.5 beta bug. Becoming the bane of my existence. Will update with a new version.
Neat idea. I could see it now, using toruses on mountain peaks, Skyrim style
Those problems should be fixed in the next version I just submitted to the Asset Store. Unity 3.5 is now supported also. The demos should now work in webplayer 3.4 and 3.5.
Working on a game for a low-end device, does this require additional camera passes/render textures, or were you able to do it with some clever shader passes?