Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

3.5 beta and External version control

Discussion in 'Developer Preview Archive' started by JustinDempseyFuel, Feb 8, 2012.

1. JustinDempseyFuel

JustinDempseyFuel

Hey Everyone,

I am working with the unity 3.5 beta and am trying to set my project up for external version controls to use with tortoisesvn. I am looking at this article here and it all seems really straight forward except for the library files it seems that the contests of this folder have changed in 3.5 and some of these .asset files are not present.

Does any one know which files need to be saved and which ones can be deleted for the 3.5 beta version?

thanks.

2. Farfarer

Farfarer

In 3.5, all files in /ProjectSettings need to by synced.

The /Library files had to be half-synced and half-not so it's been split apart so that everything that needs synced resides by themselves in one folder (i.e. /ProjectSettings).

That documentation's for the last official release (and so outdated for 3.5) - I think the 3.5 beta changelogs detail what needs syncing, perhaps the local documentation in your Unity install does too, I've not looked at it yet :p

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  3. KyleStaves

KyleStaves

I highly suggest using the beat documentation (should have been installed locally along with 3.5 - my instal is here: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20%28x86%29/Unity/Editor/Data/Documentation/Documentation.html)

Here is the 3.5 version of that page:

Here's the TL;DR for 3.5 EVC

4. JustinDempseyFuel

JustinDempseyFuel

Awesome, thanks guys.