Unity Community

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Canterbury, New Zealand
    I don't think you need Pro to do this. Or Do you?

Peace,

2. Location
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Shallows View Post
    I don't think you need Pro to do this. Or Do you?
    You don't need Pro to make the terrain, unless you plan to stream them; otherwise you do need Pro for Asset Bundle streaming.

You need Pro for sound effects, reverb zones and the like.

Want an easy way to boot Linux from a USB drives on Mac? Like, you don't need to install or change a thing easy? I thought so. Try Mac Linux USB Loader!
    (And the forum thread)

US President Obama wants to hand over the Internet to a multinational body. Sign the petition to keep the web free!

3. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenBits View Post
    You don't need Pro to make the terrain, unless you plan to stream them;
    Making the terrain look this good would be hard if not imposible without postprocessing effects and those are pro only as well.
    Only work on 'Smart' stuff, all the rest is bull.
    Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Rewarding and Time-Based

4. Location
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by koen.pis View Post
    Making the terrain look this good would be hard if not imposible without postprocessing effects and those are pro only as well.
    What sort of post-processing do you feel would be required?

Want an easy way to boot Linux from a USB drives on Mac? Like, you don't need to install or change a thing easy? I thought so. Try Mac Linux USB Loader!
    (And the forum thread)

US President Obama wants to hand over the Internet to a multinational body. Sign the petition to keep the web free!

5. Posts
    For images so far I would guess there is some color correction going on with ssao over top. No mater how well your artist is some form of color correction is usually a must to fine-tune and get a coherent look in the final result.
    Only work on 'Smart' stuff, all the rest is bull.
    Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Rewarding and Time-Based

6. Location
    Brussels, Belgium
    I use color correction, sun shaft, antialiasing, bloom and of course real time shadows. And because I'm using 3.5, I use LOD system for rocks (only 2 lod, because there is a problem with lightmaps when there is more than 2 objects in the group).
    I'm using advanced terrain shaders v2 to add normal map on terrain (working fine with dual lightmaps but don't works with the new directional light mapping system)

7. Location
    Estonia
    All i have to say!

Amazing!

8. Code Maker

I use LOD system for rocks (only 2 lod, because there is a problem with lightmaps when there is more than 2 objects in the group).
    Have you checked out the lightmapping LOD's example project (http://unity3d.com/unity/preview/download)? We use multiple LOD's here with lightmapping, there might be a setup issue in your project? If there is a real issue raise a bug and PM me the # and I'll forward it on to the responsible developer
    Have you tried the Strumpy Shader Editor?

9. Location
    Brussels, Belgium
    Thx
    Here's the map of the region.(more or less)
    Attached Images  

10. Location
    Brussels, Belgium
    Quote Originally Posted by stramit View Post
    Have you checked out the lightmapping LOD's example project (http://unity3d.com/unity/preview/download)? We use multiple LOD's here with lightmapping, there might be a setup issue in your project? If there is a real issue raise a bug and PM me the # and I'll forward it on to the responsible developer
    Thx Stramit, I'll check the setup with this example. Before, I have to update my version of unit because I'm still using v3.5.0b6.

ps: if you have some contact with the terrain developers, please, please ask them to add a simple thing : brush value associate to the tool used:

If the brush radius for painting textures is 5 and I choose a radius of 20 to paint details, it would be great to retrieve to brush radius value set to old value when I return to the painting texture tool, 5.
    I don't know if I am understandable

11. Location
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben4views View Post
    Webplayer!
    Yes, please!

(And the forum thread)

12. Location
    London, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben4views View Post
    Webplayer!
    YES.. Web player or Exe

13. Posts

14. Location
    Witney, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoss View Post
    YES.. Web player or Exe
    or dmg.
    http://fishman92.carbonmade.com/ Portfolio
    @fishman92
    Need anything done? Great rates and speedy service. Contact me on skype @fishman.92.

15. Location
    Brussels, Belgium
    Thanks for your friendly comments!
    About a demo, it's a little bit too early. I have to include a lot of objects before to show you something

16. Posts
    Beautiful work! I'm glad to hear you'll be holding on to this one yourself.
    Your other scene was so beautiful too but just disappeared.

Good luck~

17. Location
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by botumys View Post
    Thanks for your friendly comments!
    About a demo, it's a little bit too early. I have to include a lot of objects before to show you something
    That's too bad...

(And the forum thread)

18. Location
    Estonia
    Still, i think all of us will wait.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast