Search Unity

There Goes The Neighborhood

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Orkze, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Orkze

Orkze

Ah, everyone knows them: those overambitious student projects that fail and never get to a playable state. Well this is kinda mine. ;)

Initially made with a modified Ogre Engine I'm now trying to put all the stuff we made in Unity (so much easier!) to have something interactive to show around.
    It's basically just a graphics demo with a little bit of atmosphere. You can do nothing but walk around, but I thought I might share it just as well.

Webplayer

$4.png

I suck at programming/scripting complex behavior stuff, so I'm not sure if it will evolve any further than this...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. EricTheCoolDude

EricTheCoolDude

I like it! It looks great. However, the camera spazzes out whenever it intersects with something.

3. Salim

Salim

The art work is amazing, this is a very solid start for a game. I hope you finish it.

4. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Puts a smile on my face for some reason, I don't know why. It feels a lot like jimmy neutron, not in art style.. but just.. that feeling when you walk up to the characters. I adore what you've done, if you need 2d/3d assistance hit me up. im away for a week; saturday-satuday (holiday) but after that id love to give a hand :)

Keep it up!

5. Dougomite

Dougomite

Very cool look and feel. Great starting point for something interesting. You could probably grab a conversation system from the Unity Asset Store and turn it into an interesting RPG-ish game. Reminds me of the Tranquility Lane section of Fallout 3. Could check that out to see how you can do alot just with what you have here.

6. NomadKing

NomadKing

I get the same camera collision issue that Eric pointed out, but apart from that it's great! Nice clean art style, and nice atmosphere. Good job :)

7. SevenBits

SevenBits

Very cool. Love the cartoon art style. :)

8. Duskling

Duskling

This is awesome!

I can see like an rpg game where you would go around to the neighborhood kids and do tasks for them :D

9. Demigiant

Demigiant

Looks really nice. I dig the colors and the overall design: everything looks cartoonish but also extremely solid. It would be a pity if you didn't carry this on :)

10. emannazir

emannazir

wow its really look cartoonish :) great work

11. login4donald

login4donald

12. Zogg

Zogg

I love it! Great work!

One suggestion: If you put a shadow below the character (even a fake one), the character gives less the impression of floating in the air and more of standing on the ground :

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  13. tmanallen

tmanallen

I like this please complete this, my kids saw this and think it is cool.

14. Orkze

Orkze

Thanks for the feedback!
    I implemented some of it and also experimented with interaction/how dialog could work. It's a huge hack and not working properly, but I updated the webplayer. ^^

15. uchiha007

uchiha007

This is great, I am reminded of Earthbound lol

Btw Orkze, did you do the whole scripting everything yourself?

16. stefmen

stefmen

i like the unlit style of this project keep it up

17. EnigmaFactory

EnigmaFactory

Graphics have a great style. Very Earthbound, but what I'm most impressed with is the character animation. It all feels just right. Very tights and nice. Camera could use a bit more smoothing, but man you gotta keep this up!

18. puppeteer

puppeteer

It's so cute!
    Would be a shame if this didn't progress...