Unity Community

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for this pack?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • 40-70$

75 53.96%
  • 70-100$

36 25.90%
  • 100-150$

28 20.14%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sea life pack

1. Location
    Uruguay
    Personally I think this is worth $100 but that's just me! You can always change the price as you go!

And by worth I mean what I think most people would pay! I think it's worth a lot more!
    HEY!... Visit dogzer's Assets Store (;っ˘▽˘)っ (Characters & more)

Oh, and my Google Plus.
    It has news and stuff! (About games of course)

"A nerd's work is never done....." (҂⌣̀_⌣́)

2. Location
    Amsterdam
    Yes it worth a lot but the question is would you rather have a higher volume of sales with a lower price or a higher price with less customers.
    I say this because not every one can afford packs of 100 dollar each, and this seem to be a trend on the unity store, personally I would go with a lower price and make the profit by selling more quantiy. or put it one sale on release date and then put the price up after one week! and then one sale again when sales start to drop too much.

3. Location
    Utah
    You could sell the whole package together for $150, and then sell each individual asset for $10. Just a thought.

4. Posts
    Lars good point, i have been thinking the same. Pretty much all i want is to give as much people as possible option to use it, which means that i have considered this when putting the final price. Price for pack will be 69 dollars, i couldnt go lower becouse it was too much work to sell it cheaper, and animation quallity does not allow higher price, thats why i think 69 dollars seems quite in ballance.

5. Location
    Dallas, Tx
    I think it's very much worth $69, but I also want to second the idea that the pack could be split up.
    Maybe split it into 4 parts, $25 apiece? Just a thought.

6. Posts
    Sorry, i have decided not to separate pack, i hope you still find interest in it.

7. Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Well, I looked back over your fish...all of them...and wanted to slap myself. You've got a wonderful group of fish...heck, not to mention cool stuff like the dinosaurs and underwater props. Kudos to you for such good work, I don't blame you at all for selling it as one pack.

8. Location
    The Endless Ocean of Infinite Potential
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars Steenhoff View Post
    Yes it worth a lot but the question is would you rather have a higher volume of sales with a lower price or a higher price with less customers.
    In general, you also need to consider that more customers means more support, and that's something usually no one pays for. Besides, it sometimes seems like, ironically, people paying less for a product have higher expectations (and create more support noise). But that may be more relevant for scripting assets than for 3d assets.

I say this because not every one can afford packs of 100 dollar each, and this seem to be a trend on the unity store, personally I would go with a lower price and make the profit by selling more quantiy.
    IMHO, in this case, something else might play a much bigger role: Not everyone needs or wants fish ... and those that want or need a high quality Sea life pack will probably pay a good price.

Personally, I don't care that much whether it's $50 or $100 or $150 - it lacks dolphins to be complete, and that's the problem for me (I'll still consider buying it when I need an underwater world) ... but may dolphins are too complex to animate? In any case, just wanted to mention once more that I'm highly interested in quality dolphin models

or put it one sale on release date and then put the price up after one week! and then one sale again when sales start to drop too much.
    That's certainly a good approach!

I like everything in this pack, but think that some might not be all that great for the average audience. Some might just want a little pack of fish for their tropical paradise, which I think would sell more than a collection of large beasts. Maybe do smaller packs by size or how exotic the creatures are, and as an incentive to buy all do a bundle at a lower total price. I'd try small, large and extinct/fantasy in three packs.

Combine that with what Lars suggested - increase the price slightly as the package(s) grow(s). Early adopter pricing has worked well for many companies. I'm sure an Earth bundle would also sell once you're done creating every beast there is

10. Posts
    @jashan I will try to find some time in future to make dolphin too. Sadly three different dolphin species were already made, but got lost with disk format becouse i forgot to put them on external hard drive.

11. Location
    england
    Quote Originally Posted by janpec View Post
    Lars good point, i have been thinking the same. Pretty much all i want is to give as much people as possible option to use it, which means that i have considered this when putting the final price. Price for pack will be 69 dollars, i couldnt go lower becouse it was too much work to sell it cheaper, and animation quallity does not allow higher price, thats why i think 69 dollars seems quite in ballance.
    Nice to know the price i started a fundraiser to help me raise funds to buy the pack also just wondering for penguins and stuff will they have land animations (eg idle stand/walk )or is that something id need to pay animator for

12. Posts
    WiseOwlStudios Penguins or any other animals do not have land animations. Only swim, eat and fastswim animations are provided with those assets that are animated.

13. Posts
    Little stupid question, but could someone let me know how to delete question poll ? I cant find anywhere an option do modify / delete it.

14. Posts
    Example of underwater scene and preview of animations. Sorry for lagy video, my notebook is working very slow lately.

Last edited by janpec; 02-09-2012 at 10:32 AM.

15. Location
    Canandaigua, NY
    Could you please let us know when this will be available? Really could use this pack. Thanks for your time.

Gary
    Imagine. Inspire. Innovate.

Game Designer / World Builder / 3D Artist
    www.garyhaus.com

16. Location
    england
    Quote Originally Posted by janpec View Post
    Example of underwater scene and preview of animations. Sorry for lagy video, my notebook is working very slow lately.

looks great i'm defently getting when out and the idle etc for land animals no biggy ill just add them great job

17. Location
    Croatia
    Nice,started laughing when I saw the wish with big tooth's,you should try ccleaner maybe it speed ups your pc.
    Portfolio:Under construction!
    Cartoony Weapon Pack-Medieval-FREE
    New to Unity? Orient yourself now!
    Learn Unity

18. Posts
    Ivanzu i have scanned computer with every free antivirus software i could get and all registry repair tools i could find, but sadly it didnt do any good.

On a side note, just wanted to say that two fish have been added to pack: yellowfin_tuna and yellow_boxfish.

I am putting files together i think that it should be ready by tomorrow.

19. Location
    Canandaigua, NY
    What is your price so I can let the purchasing people know?
    Imagine. Inspire. Innovate.

Game Designer / World Builder / 3D Artist
    www.garyhaus.com

20. Posts
    Gary as i mentioned before price for pack will be 69 dollars.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast