Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Boxed Souls - 48hr Global Game Jam

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by SirGive, Jan 30, 2012.

1. SirGive

SirGive

Hey guys,

I was a participant at the Global Game Jam. SirVictory and a few guys that I've worked with before (but aren't on the forums) created Team Too Tired and our submission, Boxed Souls. So without any more delay, check it out!

------about 4 hours of sleep during this *as noted by SirVictory*, so sleep time now------​

Oh, and the theme was the ouroboros:

Here's the description:

Boxed Souls is a game that deals with responsibility. The player will take control of a reaper named Reaper JR. (or RJ). He will take souls of the living and bring them into a pathway in the underworld that will take them to the "Eternal Fire". This flame will then recycle the souls into new living beings.

The object of the game is to lead the souls of the living on the path to the fire. On the path, there are demons that want to devour the souls. You will have to instruct these souls to defeat these foes and make it to the fire with as many souls a possible.

And some concept art:

We would love to here some feedback on it, so check it out here (not sure if there's much of a difference):
    SQ | HQ

Controls:

Left Click to move;
    Right Click to play the attack;

Hit the boxes to get a few souls!

The game probably has a lot of bugs, so be wary!​

Screenshots:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. SrBilyon

SrBilyon

Well, now that we are finished.....
    *Bedtime*

3. Dan Fury

Dan Fury

At first I ran through the level alone, then I realizes I had to attack the boxes first. When the ghosts followed me, I couldn't really attack them, I always missed and my souls died. Also one time the camera was obfuscaded when I moved north, I had to steer blind until I clipped out of the wall again. It's a nice idea, just needs a little more polish. Maybe I need to download it, so I can use the right mouse button.

4. xzile40

xzile40

Make it so you can't click the walls to walk to them. You can hover right over huge gaps and skip parts of the level(s) (only played the first) by clicking across the map. your guy will hover across the map along with your 'souls'.

5. SirGive

SirGive

@ Dan Fury

Thanks for the feed back! yeah, the boxes contain the souls that you need to bring to the end. I didn't realize the camera had a spot like that, definitely will look into that. The right mouse button should work in the browser. I exported the one without the context menu.

@xzile

The idea was to be able to hover over the vast gap, but we hadn't gotten into putting in barriers. The walls is an easy fix, but a tedious one. Its set up with a layer, and we never got to specifying the ground only.

Thank you very much guys :D