What is UniStorm?
UniStorm 1.6.4 is released, look below for all features and updates.
UniStorm is an incredibly powerful dynamic day and night weather system that creates realistic storms and weather at AAA quality, all at a blazing fast frame rate.
UniStorm supports custom particle effects so you can easily add other particle effects you may have bought from the Asset Store.
Best of all UniStorm does NOT need Pro to use!
Newest UniStorm Demo Video
This video demonstrates the new and improved UniStorm Version 1.7 as well as AI using UniStorm's in-game time to perform tasks, such as working, walking, and sleeping. Each AI has a different job, task, and destination for each time of the day. We demonstrate AI reacting to the Time of Day, weather, shading of different times of day, the new and improved particle systems, and the new and improved cloud shaders.
UniStorm 1.7 brings many new features as well as improved performance. UniStorm 1.7 will be released soon!
Huge thanks to Michael O. (Killstar) and his Model Packs.
Try then Buy
Try the UniStorm Demo Here:
UniStorm Demo No Dynamic Weather or Seasons
This demo will show you the quality of UniStorm. There is no dynamic weather or seasons in this build, not even script wise, this is one weather type, Partly Cloudy 1. This is the only way we would post a playable demo. You can see the quality for yourself. You can adjust the time of day with the slider, see the sunsets and sunrises, see the stars and moon at night, and more.
Every color you see can be adjusted and tweaked to your liking. As well as many other components and features.
If you want to see more weather types or seasons, you can watch the videos.
All other weather types have the same quality as this one. This is just 1 of the 14 weather types that are included with UniStorm.
If you want to see more weather types or seasons, you can watch the videos. All other weather types have the same quality as this one. This is just 1 weather type of 14 that are included with UniStorm.
Buy here: UniStorm 1.6.4
You can play the demo and see for yourself below.
With UniStorm you can control every component and aspect of the sky. Anywhere from real world colors and shading to colorful alien worlds. With UniStorm's customizable color options you can create any sky imaginable.
UniStorm's Advanced Dynamic Weather System
UniStorm features an advanced weather generating system that generates dynamic weather based off the weather odds percentage for each season. The weather odds percentage is adjustable by the user within the UniStorm editor. This allows for realistic customizable weather for each season. Summer may have a low chance of precipitation, but maybe a stay thunderstorm. Winter could have precipitation more often with the chance of a powerful snow storm. UniStorm features 14 weather types, some of which only happen in certain seasons, all dynamically generated by UniStorm's advanced algorithm.
Does UniStorm Work With Multiplayer or Online Play?
Yes, UniStorm works great with servers and clients which only requires you to access a couple variables. This has been done many times by our customers who use UniStorm for both multiplayer and mmo games. For further information or help on setting up, it is included in the documentation.
UniStorm as Static Weather
While UniStorm is a dynamic day and night weather system it can also be used for static weather. UniStorm allows you to set the weather and make it static so it never changes, this also goes for the time of day. This means you can have different scenes each with different weather like, partly cloudy, cloudy, clear, sunny, rainy, stormy, or foggy, with any time of day like, morning, day, evening, or night! It's basically an adjustable Skybox with working weather and animated cloud cover. Never buy a Skybox again, this is an all in one system.
UniStorm and In-Game Time Events
UniStorm features an advanced in-game time keeping system that tracks minutes, hours, days, months, and years. This allows you to access the in-game time to set certain events, quests, or triggers, adding more dynamic game play to your games similar to Skyrim, Oblivion, and other games using in-game time.
You can have events or quests only happen at night or only happen during the day. Or you can have a quest or event happen on June 6th at 9:00 pm. All this can easily be done using UniStorm's in-game time functions.
UniStorm features an easy to use Custom Editor that allows you to control every component and color of the sky. UniStorm also has pull down tabs to choose things like Starting Time of Day, Weather Type, Moon Phase, Weather Odds for each month, and starting month (Listed January-December) like shown below. This makes it easy and fast for development.
UniStorm's Dynamic Snow (Coming soon to UniStorm version 1.7)
The snow system features an advanced shading technique, like Skyrim's, that will slowly build snow according to the bump maps of the materials and the angle of the models. This means snow will fall realistically more so on the bumpy and flat parts and less on the crevasses and step pats of the objects. Snow will also not fall on objects that are over 90 degrees. Snow will slowly build up over time and slowly start to melt when it clears. If you want an object to have dynamic snow during winter all you have to do is replace your current bump shader with the new snow bump shader and UniStorm will handle the rest.
Snow build up will be dynamic and up to how powerful the snow storm is, and if it's cold enough. You could have light snow showers with light snow build up or a snow storm with full snow cover.
About UniStorm and Us
Our goal was to create a weather system similar to Skyrim's in Unity 3d, but have the price be cheap enough for the Unity community that anyone could afford it. We've done just that! This is one of the most powerful and advanced weather systems available for Unity 3d and UniStorm only costs $60.
Our system is one of the best looking and is the best performing weather system available for Unity 3d! UniStorm doesn't affect performance other than a few draw calls, yet looks amazing and is incredibly powerful. Just check our reviews, they'll speak for us.
We will be working on UniStorm for a long time so there will never be a project abandonment. We are always working hard to better UniStorm and release fixes and updates on a regular bases. We do this by listening to our customers and their suggestions. We have excellent customer service and are here to answer any questions you may have about UniStorm.
Upcoming Systems and Versions:
UniStorm Version 1.7 ([B]Coming Soon/B])
UniStorm Mobile Version 1.2 (Thread here): UniStorm Mobile
Coming Soon with UniStorm 1.7
With UniStorm 1.7 we have added gradient colored skies and "atmospheric scattering", which does not require pro to use. Customers using Unity free should now be able to get similar results to that of pro users without the cost of expensive image effects. The gradient colored skies allow you to choose multiple colors from the horizon to mid-horizon via the UniStorm Editor. This allows form much more realistic skies and shading. The color of the sky also affects the clouds giving even more realistic results. The sky gradually gets darker the further you are away from the sunset/sunset. This new feature can be disabled if desired.
These screenshots were all taken using Unity Free and UniStorm 1.7:
Huge thanks to Philipp Schmidt and his BIG Environment Pack Vol.3.
UniStorm 1.7 will have gradual realistic high increases and decreases such as 86, 88, 91, 95, 92, 90, 89, 87, 84 ect. The temperature will also change throughout the day like realistic temperatures do. Since UniStorm uses the temperature for some weather types this need for improvement was important to add to realism. It could be raining during the day, but get cold enough and start snowing overnight. We also have customers who access the temperature which they base off gameplay this will greatly add to realism.
Our goal isn't to just make a weather system, but to make a realistic weather simulator. With each update we get closer to our goal.
Here's a line graph of 1 month during Summer in UniStorm using the high of each day:
Here's a line graph of 1 month during Fall in UniStorm using the high of each day:
Here's a line graph of 1 day during Summer in UniStorm using the temperature for each hour, early morning is the coolest while the afternoon is the hottest:
UniStorm 1.6 Screenshots
UniStorm is capable simulating realistic time of day as well as weather types such as snow, rain, and fog:
Models used are from Michael O's Medieval Environment
UniStorm being used in Gloria Victis an MMORPG:
Demo that shows off the day and night transitions while having a storm. Lighting, shading, and overall realism has been much improved with UniStorm version 1.6. Storm clouds are also now affected by the time of day that is based off your input. Storms with version 1.6 will feel much more real and believable.
Video showing off the new cloud system that uses both high and low clouds. Also showing off the tweaks and adjustments done to the system, as well as the new cloud system at night.
This technique is similar to Skyrim's allowing for incredibly detailed cloud textures, AAA quality skies, realistic shading, time of day, lighting, cloud movement, and light scattering. There will be 5 photo realistic low clouds and 5 photo realistic high clouds.
(Older) As heavily requested, here's a video of UniStorm's dynamic snow. This is just a basic demo showing the snow build up then melt after the weather has changed. We didn't want to waste anymore time on demos when everyone will have UniStorm 1.6 within the next few days. Note: Custom bump maps of the terrain's textures weren't used so the snow will shade better than in the video in your projects, but it still looks great and we're happy with the results. Bump maps are what allow the snow to shade better, but it's not worth the time making another video.
The build up speed of the snow was increase from demonstration purposes.
(Older) This video will show off many event examples using UniStorm's powerful in-game time keeping system. This system allows you to have quests or events happen at any time, hour, day, month, or year. AI and Waypoint systems can all easily access the in-game time allowing for realistic, believeable, and dynamic gameplay. Feel free to skip to certain points of the video, as it is kind of long.
UniStorm 1.6.4 Features, Fixes, and Improvements:
* Rewrote weather odds algorithm, weather odds are now based off percentages. This allows for much cleaner and realistic weather generating odds.
* Weather is now rolled hourly based on user's set percentages for the season of 20%, 40%, 60%, or 80%. This also fixes issues with the weather changing too often, in rare cases changing within a minute.
* Added Weather Odds Options to the UniStorm Editor
* Added weather odds percentages for all 4 seasons via a pull down tab within the UniStorm Editor. These consist of 20%, 40%, 60%, or 80% for each season.
* Information added to the documentation on new features above.
* Tutorial videos are being worked on.*
* Added a drop down menu for Months.
* Smoother light fading transitions during precipitation or cloudy weather types.
* Added spaces to separate colors in Color Options.
* Moved Editor folder into the UniStorm folder.
* Tweaks to the Rain Particle System, rain now looks fuller and moves with camera better, during movement and rotations.
UniStorm 1.6.3 Features, Fixes, and Improvements:
* C# Version of UniStorm with C# Editor
* Greatly improved editor, editor is now much more organized with categories and labels
* Added a pull down menu to pick the weather. Numbers no longer need to be entered in the UniStorm Editor. A list appears showing all weather types such as Partly Cloud, Mostly Cloud, Heavy Rain, Light Snow, ect for you to choose.
* Added Starting Time of Day pull down menu which lets you choose the time of day UniStorm will start at. These include Morning, Day, Evening, and Night.
* Added a Moon Phase pull down menu to the UniStorm Editor, this allows you to pick the starting moon phase for that day.
* Various bug fixes and improvements to the UniStorm System
* Documentation has been greatly improved with better organization, huge Table of Contents, better formatting, very detailed instructions covering every single component, and a step by step tutorial on getting the system set up.
* Added greatly improved High Clouds
* Documentation now consists of 23 pages
* Moon now fades in as it gets dark making transitions much more smooth and realistic.
* Documentation should now import properly from Asset Store update
* High Clouds are now scroll based off the cloud speed in the editor
* Storm Clouds now have their own scroll speed setting the editor
* Unity's fog is now enabled automatically at start so users don't have to worry about enabling it
* Various tweaks to weather types' fading calculations to make them more smooth, balanced, and realistic
* Months now end on the 31st instead of the 29th
* Months now go from 1-12 instead of 0-11 * Snow shader has been disabled but will return shortly
UniStorm Version 1.6 Features
UniStorm Version 1.6 Features:
* Normal cloud speed can now be adjusted within the editor. (New)
* HD photo realistic cloud textures; 8 included
* Realistic storm transitions
* SSAO, Color Correction, and HDR support allowing for incredibly realistic time of day, lighting, color, shading, and light scattering
* Realistic and improved skies; like Skyrim's
* Random temperature generator for each season controlling whether it rains or snows; as well as other weather types
* Seasons; Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter
* Seasonal weather for all 4 seasons
* The new advanced weather system algorithm controls the weather odds for each season, Summer has less precipitation chances than Winter or Spring; seasons can be changed by the user if desired
* Snow storms in the Winter, Misty cloudy days in the Spring, fluttering butterflies and thunder storms in the summer, falling fall leaves in the fall, and more.
* Many new weather types added
* Storm clouds are now affected by time of day
* In-game event example with demo and script using UniStorm's powerful in-game time system
* Dynamic snow on all models, terrain, and terrain vegetation when it snows (Note: This feature has been disabled but will return shortly)
* Night ambiance noise for when it's night
* In-game time system event examples with demos
* Weather command prompt system (more info below)
* Horizon system that fades clouds along the horizon line for improved looking skies.
* The horizon system has color control for morning, day, dusk, and night.
Weather Command Prompt System (WCPS)
* WCPS (Similar to Skyrim/Oblivion's) will make it much easier for developers. System allows users to enter a command in the command prompt system to change the weather while still in the game. (Example: 01 would be Foggy)
* The WCPS can easily be enabled or disabled by pressing F12 or can be completely disabled by checking the disable system check box within the editor.
* Weather type is printed in the console ex. ("Forced Weather: Mostly Cloudy") to make testing easier.
* All weather commands will be included in documentation.
* WCPS will be updated with many more features soon.
(Note: Dynamic snow has been disabled but will return shortly)
* The snow system features an advanced shading technique, like Skyrim's, that will slowly build snow according to the bump maps of the materials and the angle of the models. This means snow will fall realistically more so on the bumpy and flat parts and less on the crevasses and step pats of the objects. Snow will also not fall on objects that are over 90 degrees. Snow will slowly build up over time and slowly start to melt when it clears. If you want an object to have dynamic snow during winter all you have to do is replace your current bump shader with the new snow bump shader and UniStorm will handle the rest.
* UniStorm's snow system will now be able to work with Unity's terrain, trees, and grass as well as all 3d models and objects.
* Snow build up will be dynamic and up to how powerful the snow storm is, and if it's cold enough. You could have light snow showers with light snow build up or a snow storm with full snow cover.
UniStorm Version 1.6 Fixes and Improvements:
* Fixed storm transitions, sunlight will now gradually fade when it gets cloudy or there's precipitation, then fade back in after a storm is over or the clouds have cleared.
* Improved lighting bolt textures
* Improved splash particle textures
* Improved rain particle textures
* Improved sun textures
* Improved cloud system by using both high and low clouds
* Improved light scattering (Pro Only)
* Greatly improved fog weather type (Pro Only)
* Greatly improved storm clouds
* Greatly improved documentation
* Greatly improved dynamic weather randomizing algorithm
* A check box has been added to disable or enable stopping the time 100%.
* A check box has been added to disable or enable the weather static, meaning it will never change.
* A check box has been added to disable or enable the time of day scroll bar.
* A check box has been added to disable or enable the horizon system.
* The weather will no longer change too often (within minutes sometimes), between 1 to 10 in-game hours must pass in order for another weather change.
* If there is precipitation for more than 3 days, the system will randomly pick a new weather type. (The days of this can be adjusted)
* If there hasn't been any precipitation in 7 in-game days, the system will randomly generate precipitation. (The days of this can be adjusted)
* Other Improvements and tweaks to the system
* All this and still the same blazing fast frame rate that no other weather systems can match!