Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

New Public Preview available : Unity 3.5 RC1

Discussion in 'Flash' started by RalphH, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

Unity 3.5 RC1 is available as a public preview. This public preview also again includes a public preview of the Unity Flash exporter.
    Download it here, and check the release notes with fixes and changes are here.

We hope you enjoy this updated public preview and are looking forward to your feedback.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  2. hjupter

hjupter

I just tried to open my unity 3.5 b6 project and appears that all scripts and assets are missing, project tab was empty then i tried reimport all it worked fine but would be a nightmare to select each thing in the hierarchy to assign each script, material etc :(

3. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

I didnt have trouble opening mine (at least going 3.5 to 3.5b)

4. hjupter

hjupter

Im on windows 8 x64 maybe its something related to that

5. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

The only time I had that problem was when Ivan (the artist) opened the project with 3.4 instead of 3.5 (everything went bonkers -- all the materials got nulled and he was also on windows). We were able to use dropbox to fix it though

6. hjupter

hjupter

Yes i know that happens when you try to open a 3.5 project on an older version, its weird its happening to me with a newer version, ive 3.4 installed on the regular directory and 3.5 rc1 on another, Ive no idea what the problem could be

7. StefanoCecere

StefanoCecere

thank you Ralph!
    any ETA for final 3.5 web unity plugin (NON flash export) ?

8. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

The 3.5 plugin come with the final build of 3.5; we haven't announced a date for that yet.

9. Karyudo

Karyudo

Yeah the 3.5 web plugin update would be nice. Hopefully this being an RC that wont be too long, though till Flash does everything or everyone converts to Chrome it's a nice option...less you guys can get Flash to behave :D

10. zannghast

zannghast

Hey guys, a quick question, would I still be able to submit to Apple without getting my app rejected should I wish to build our Unity iPhone game using Unity 3.5 RC1?

11. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Shipping a game with the a beta / rc of Unity is not recommended (as we are still fixing issues), but it is not prohibited. If you do get rejected for any reason (related to Unity engine, not the game itself) please file a bug so that we can fix it for the final release.

If you feel your game is running great on the RC then go ahead and submit using it.

12. zannghast

zannghast

Hi stramit, thanks for the info.

13. triangle

triangle

Hi!
    Is it possible to display flash video in Unity? And if so, could you give a hint on API for that?

14. nsxdavid

nsxdavid

RC1 seems much improved. Though I still have not a single project that can be exported as Flash so far. Biggest problem seems to be lack of hash/hashset support. Popular add ons like iTween will throw about 35 errors trying to export to flash.

Other than that, it is definitely shaping up!

David

15. Crazy Robot

Crazy Robot

I still can't use 3.5 at all, some of my models won't import if I select "Generate Lightmap UV" in the FBX importer. I submitted a bug report (434399) on it when 3.5 beta was first released, it's still not fixed and no update from Unity. This is a non-starter for me.

16. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Import project from 3.4 work much better, no errors or bad frame rate this time!
    Remain a huge frame drop (18fps) when game and scene windows are open at the same time.

17. unitynewb

unitynewb

18. foxter888

foxter888

is it out now??

19. Deleted User

Deleted User

no, it's "just" the developer preview

20. Chaoss

Chaoss

I am very sure that I already downloaded 3.5.0f1, this new build has the same filename and version as the old?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  21. DDowell

DDowell

This is one of the most important additions to the Flash exporter. It is required for a multitude of plugins/extensions such as Playmaker etc. Since AS3 has almost all the reflection capabilities of C# that shouldn't cause a problem (correct me if I am wrong).

We need to be able to use the most popular assets if the Flash exporter will be of any use.

22. Dreamora

Dreamora

the filename never changes.
    but if the version in the about screen does not change then you are pretty surely still on the old one. try uninstalling it and installing the new one, perhaps something blocked the overwrite

@DDowell: just keep in mind that it is independent of unity and will come as an addon (the platform switch window by now states that too for those ignoring the informations provided on the page ;))

23. goat

goat

That's not true of the file name, the previous beta had b6 in the name.

24. Ashkan_gc

Ashkan_gc

There was a bug in beta 6 about reading audio recorded by Microphone by using GetData which took me an hour to understand and it was yesterday.
    Learned lesson, always update as soon as possible :)

Good release and many bug fixes. if flash support becomes complete enough most add ons like networking middlewares work without their devs doing much work then i would be in the air. customers are already requesting for this.
    The guys repeats "I saw that unity can produce flash content". :))

25. DDowell

DDowell

I know that but since the preview is the ONLY way we have to check what the exporter is currently capable of, I fail to see why my post is not relevant. It is part of the preview after all.

26. scottpetrovic

scottpetrovic

I had a ton of freezing problems using the new Shuriken Particle system in the first Beta, but maybe they have all gone away with this RC1. See a lot of editor fixes in the release notes. Better start downloading it. :p

27. fanjules

fanjules

I downloaded RC1 but was a bit surprised that my editor was showing 3.5.0f1

I also noticed that 3.5 has been officially released. Anyhow, I was having crashed when I compile to iOS (fine on Android), and was really racking my brain as to the cause. Was this a newly introduced bug in the new version? The editor said I had the latest, but having read some of the replies above I downloaded the latest version anyhow just to be sure.

The version I just got was 3.5.0f5, and - to my absolute delight - no more crashes in my game on iOS!

I've also just downloaded it for Windows and noted a number of subtle variations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.