Unity Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Unity

New Public Preview available : Unity 3.5 RC1

Unity 3.5 RC1 is available as a public preview. This public preview also again includes a public preview of the Unity Flash exporter.
    Download it here, and check the release notes with fixes and changes are here.

We hope you enjoy this updated public preview and are looking forward to your feedback.
    Last edited by UnityRalph; 01-25-2012 at 08:00 AM.

2. Location
    Panama
    I just tried to open my unity 3.5 b6 project and appears that all scripts and assets are missing, project tab was empty then i tried reimport all it worked fine but would be a nightmare to select each thing in the hierarchy to assign each script, material etc

3. Location
    Canada
    I didnt have trouble opening mine (at least going 3.5 to 3.5b)

4. Location
    Panama
    Quote Originally Posted by aiursrage2k View Post
    I didnt have trouble opening mine (at least going 3.5 to 3.5b)
    Im on windows 8 x64 maybe its something related to that

5. Location
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hjupter View Post
    The only time I had that problem was when Ivan (the artist) opened the project with 3.4 instead of 3.5 (everything went bonkers -- all the materials got nulled and he was also on windows). We were able to use dropbox to fix it though

6. Location
    Panama
    Quote Originally Posted by aiursrage2k View Post
    The only time I had that problem was when Ivan (the artist) opened the project with 3.4 instead of 3.5 (everything went bonkers -- all the materials got nulled and he was also on windows). We were able to use dropbox to fix it though
    Yes i know that happens when you try to open a 3.5 project on an older version, its weird its happening to me with a newer version, ive 3.4 installed on the regular directory and 3.5 rc1 on another, Ive no idea what the problem could be

7. Location
    earth.italy.florence.hill
    thank you Ralph!
    any ETA for final 3.5 web unity plugin (NON flash export) ?
    Stefano Cecere
    KRUR studio - evolutionary fun lab - play that funky spirit

8. Unity

The 3.5 plugin come with the final build of 3.5; we haven't announced a date for that yet.

9. Posts
    Yeah the 3.5 web plugin update would be nice. Hopefully this being an RC that wont be too long, though till Flash does everything or everyone converts to Chrome it's a nice option...less you guys can get Flash to behave

10. Posts

Cool

Hey guys, a quick question, would I still be able to submit to Apple without getting my app rejected should I wish to build our Unity iPhone game using Unity 3.5 RC1?

11. Code Maker

Quote Originally Posted by dendrobium View Post
    Hey guys, a quick question, would I still be able to submit to Apple without getting my app rejected should I wish to build our Unity iPhone game using Unity 3.5 RC1?
    Shipping a game with the a beta / rc of Unity is not recommended (as we are still fixing issues), but it is not prohibited. If you do get rejected for any reason (related to Unity engine, not the game itself) please file a bug so that we can fix it for the final release.

If you feel your game is running great on the RC then go ahead and submit using it.
    Have you tried the Strumpy Shader Editor?

12. Posts
    Hi stramit, thanks for the info.

13. Posts
    Hi!
    Is it possible to display flash video in Unity? And if so, could you give a hint on API for that?

14. Posts
    RC1 seems much improved. Though I still have not a single project that can be exported as Flash so far. Biggest problem seems to be lack of hash/hashset support. Popular add ons like iTween will throw about 35 errors trying to export to flash.

Other than that, it is definitely shaping up!

David

15. Location
    Hollywood, Maryland
    I still can't use 3.5 at all, some of my models won't import if I select "Generate Lightmap UV" in the FBX importer. I submitted a bug report (434399) on it when 3.5 beta was first released, it's still not fixed and no update from Unity. This is a non-starter for me.

16. Posts
    Import project from 3.4 work much better, no errors or bad frame rate this time!
    Remain a huge frame drop (18fps) when game and scene windows are open at the same time.

17. Location
    Norwalk, CA
    Still crashes on Android Evo3D during Unity3D splash screen:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/116...artup?p=819262

18. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hjupter View Post
    is it out now??
    Why think just act.

19. Location
    Austria
    Quote Originally Posted by foxter888 View Post
    is it out now??
    no, it's "just" the developer preview
    C# | Unity3D | Blender | Silo 3D | Messiah Studio

20. Location
    London, UK
    I am very sure that I already downloaded 3.5.0f1, this new build has the same filename and version as the old?
    Last edited by Chaoss; 02-06-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast