Search Unity

[Released] AVPro Movie Capture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, Jan 24, 2012.

1. poumsoon-park

poumsoon-park

hi!.
    I make movie recoder with AVPro Window Wedia and Movie Capture.

Movie is captured, but Sound is not recorded. Sound device name not display. I did select blank device name and record . but sound not recoded..

$20130712_200247.png $20130712_200204.png

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  2. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Poumsoon.Park,

The screenshot is of the audio output devices on your system.. Could you also send a screenshot of the audio input devices listed?

I'm guessing they are written in Korean characters and there is a Unicode issue in the plugin code preventing it from working. We'll look into it, but a screenshot of the device list would be a huge help. Thanks for reporting the issue!

3. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

AVPro Movie Capture 2.2 Released!

+ We now support writing directly to MP4 files! You'll have to install the relevant MP4 DirectShow filter (see docs) to get it working, but it's a super handy new feature!

+ Unity 4.2 is now fully supported.

+ We fixed a number of bugs

Keep up the great feedback!

Thanks,

4. davidredia

davidredia

Hi,

I've just bought the plugin and everything is working nicely on windows. However I would like to record only a part of the sceen (eg. the rect (200,200,300,300)). Is this possible?

Cheers,

5. Lastair

Lastair

Heya,

I'm interested in purchasing this plugin, but I just wanted to ask if there is a "what you hear" (or "mix" or whatever) option for simply capturing ALL of the audio that the user hears on their system. I'm asking because my Unity application is a music visualizer that plays animations that are synchronized to MIDI music (played back with the user's choice from his system's MIDI output devices, e.g. Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth) so not getting the MIDI recorded would make capture pointless. Since my MIDI playback is done using an external library, the source of the sound might not technically count as Unity itself for the purposes of capturing audio.

And also, can noticeable audio/video desync result in the captures? I suppose it would depend on codecs and performance, and optimal settings for my purpose would need to be figured out specifically for my project, but I'm just trying to cover the bases.

Anyway, this plugin looks promising! Hoping to find some way of capturing natively instead of pointing my users to FRAPS or something. :)

6. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi davidredia,

There currently isn't a direct way to capture a region of the screen. You could perhaps create a new Camera that only renders what you want to record and then attach the Camera recorder to it.

In the next release we will add support to capture regions of the screen :)

7. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Lastair,

Capturing 'what you hear' is currently supported only if the user's sound card supports it. In the documentation we discuss how this is supported but basically they need to have a sound card that has a recording device with a name like 'stereo mix' or 'what you hear' and then it will record all the audio from the system.

There is another way to do this but it requires Vista/Windows 7 only so we don't currently support it. This Vista/Win7 feature is something we plan to add support for in the future.

The AV sync should be pretty good.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

8. Tynan

Tynan

Hey, looks like a great plugin. I do have a question. Is this appropriate to capture timelapse videos of gameplay?

I need to be able to capture on specific frames and not otherwise. This is because the player can control the game speed multiplier, from 0x to 1x to 3x to 6x. At max speed, my tick manager ticks the game world 6 times for every frame visually drawn to the screen. When this is happening, I'd need to capture frames 6x more often than normal. In addition, if you, say, paused the game (0x speed), it would have top stop counting frames until you unpaused it.

Basically I want it to capture the image at every 600th game tick... and my game ticks are totally separate from Unity's update cycle or the frames rendered to screen.

Can AVPro handle this kind of demand? I don't need audio.

Also - is it possible to play the video back without exiting the game? You have a plugin that could do this? Are direct postings to YouTube possible (without exiting the game)?

Thanks
    Ty

ludeon.com
    tynansylvester.com

9. Gunhi

Gunhi

How can I record transparent video from a Specific camera in the Scene?

To be clear, I have 2 Cameras and each one has beet set "Culing Mask" for particular objects. Then I just want to record what objects that are followed by each individual Camera.

All of these Cameras are set Background for "Depth Only"

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  10. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Ty,

Sorry about the slow response we just moved offices!

What you want to do (manually trigger capturing of frames at interval of your choosing) is complete possible. You'll just had to do some scripting to tell it when you want to do capture the frame. It's a nice idea btw :) You could also just edit the code that tries to capture each frame and make it only capture if the current frame count%600 = 0 for example.

For playback you can use our AV Pro Windows Media plugin.

Sadly YouTube uploading isn't possible with any of our plugins but this is something we're looking at adding in the future.

Any other questions just shout,

11. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Right, so with Unity, when you render a camera it first renders all the previous cameras (ones with lower depth values) that affect that camera. So our capture system will capture all the previous camera renders too.

If you want to have transparent render then:
    1) the camera should clear with a solid colour which has zero for alpha value.
    2) Attach the AVProMovieCaptureFromCamera component to that camera
    3) Disable "Use Fast Pixel Format"
    4) Select a codec that supports 32-bit rendering such as Lagarith (select RGBA in the configuration) or uncompressed.

Hope that helps!

12. jaerangsarit

jaerangsarit

I am about to start a project and would like to buy and try AVPro Movie Capture. However, I don't have Unity3D Pro 4.2 yet. Will AVPro Movie Capture work with Unity3D 4.2 free version?

Thank you,
    Rangsarit

13. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

No, it requires Pro as it uses native plugins which is a feature only available in Pro.

14. RedGuts_

RedGuts_

we buyed AvPro MC, several day ago, i was trying stuff with this, and that's work like i have imagined!

I have just a few questions: I tried to build an EXE in x86 x64, I got few différences :
    when i'm using the 32bits, it's works great, every codec i have installed are there! despite that when I'm using the 64bits app, we do not have any choices, just uncompressed, i don't really understand that, I have several 64 bits codec installed (x264...) but they do not appear..(and i didn't forget to change the DLL!!)

did i mess up somewhere?

Thanks!
    Guts

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  15. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Guts,

Hmm that is very strange....You're running a 64-bit version of Windows? Do you see 64-bit codecs listed when you run 64-bit version of Virtualdub?

I will look into it...

16. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Guts,

I had a look - there's definitely a bug in there! It's not listing all of the 64-bit video codecs. We'll debug it and get back to you.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

17. RedGuts_

RedGuts_

Yes i'm building and running the EXE with a W7 64bits, and I can use this différents 664b codec with VD and other video software too (After effect)

Ok, Hope you can fix it quick =)
    Thank for the equick reply

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  18. RedGuts_

RedGuts_

Hi Andrew!
    any news about that bug?
    We are working on a big project, and building in 32bits is no longer a possibility, do you have an idea when it will be fixed?

19. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi RedGuys_

I've investigated the issue and it seems that Microsoft decided to implement their video codec handling differently on 64-bit and this is why the codecs aren't appearing. Pure 64-bit DirectShow codecs will work just fine. 32-bit Windows takes any VFW or ICM codecs (most codecs are of these type) and exposes them to DirectShow. 64-bit Windows doesn't do this, though it does do this for the audio codecs. I don't know why it's like this but it is.

Fixing this involves quite a bit of work as we have to wrap all the VFW/ICM codecs in a DirectShow transform filter..

I don't think we'll be fixing this one any time soon but it's certainly on the list!

For now I recommend either trying to find some true DirectShow 64-bit codecs and using those, sticking with 32-bit, or waiting for the bug fix. If it is super urgent you could also fund us to do some emergency work on this for you. In that case please get in touch with us: http://www.renderheads.com/contact

20. tabor

tabor

Would it be possible to add an upscale feature?

Also, could you try to get it to work with SoftTH? http://www.kegetys.fi/SoftTH/
    It is a .dll you place next to a unity standalone exe that makes the exe detect multiple monitors as one. So your game can span screens.
    There is some conflict and keeps AVPro from working with it.

Thanks

21. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I don't see the point in upscaling a video...You just lose quality for no benefit.. Please convince me... :)

Yes, we'll try to work out what the conflict with SoftTH is and fix it for the next release.

22. clooper

clooper

I'm using the Lagarith codec, but the resulting file is just a black screen for x seconds.

Re-reading the docs under tips it says:

1. [...] You need to configure the Lagarith codec and enable multi-threading and null frames.

The question I have is how to do this. Is there some sort of control panel for Lagarith? I can't find where Lagarith might have installed anything I can use to configure it.

23. clooper

clooper

While I couldn't find how to configure Lagarith I was able to get a non-blank Lagarith capture from a build, rather than from the Unity GUI.

C

24. clooper

clooper

I was able to configure Lagarith in VirtualDub (selecting compression etc.) so that's fine.

The next issue I'm encountering (although nobody else seems to have reported this problem) is that when using Unity's built-in webcam renderer and recording a build to Lagarith the resulting video has the image flipping back and forth vertically at a sporadic rate of about 12 flips/sec.

I'm assuming that Unity's webcam renderer, and AVProMovieCapture/Lagarith are both vying for control of the graphics card and arguing with each other on which way the data should be oriented.

If this is a known issue is there a known workaround?

C

25. clooper

clooper

I updated to latest version of MovieCapture (2.2) and the two issues I was having: vertical flipping and colour (red/blue) inversion, have been resolved. So am quite happy now. :)

C

26. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Glad it's fixed now :)

27. tabor

tabor

Well I don't know if I can describe it in the best technical terms. The idea is that there would not be a loss in quality. Before the frame is saved the geometry and textures are upscaled internally.

If you look at uRecord, a competing product, it can upscale up to 8x. So I can record from a window sized at 400x400 and save video at 3200x3200.
    The resulting video dosen't look like 400x400 blown up. It is razor sharp as if it was recording from a window that was 3200x3200.

Other than that your product is better in every regard, that is why I'm requesting the feature instead of using uRecord.

28. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Thanks Tabor, your feedback is really appreciated.

I still don't understand how that's possible, but I'm going to investigate :)

29. atmuc

atmuc

Andrew, Your PC demo freezes on window 8.0. is there any hardware requirements for your asset?

30. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Greetings Atmuc,

It should work just fine in Windows 8. At what point does it freeze? Which codec was selected?

31. atmuc

atmuc

thanks for your answers in your email.

32. skalev

skalev

Hi!

We are having some problems with capturing our game. We have multiple cameras set around the scene, that turn on/off based on the player's location.

I assumed that using a capture from scene should just grab everything. However, it seems that it only captures the camera it is on.

What would be the recommended way of capturing a complex scene with 5+ cameras switching back and forth? (only 1 active at each point)

33. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Skalev,

Yes, the scene capture should be camera independent. Perhaps we have a bug in there.. I'll investigate it.

Thanks,

34. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Skalev,

Yes, I found a bug in the script - thanks for reporting it. We will be releasing a new version soon with the fix applied, but if you can't wait here are the instructions for fixing it yourself:

Open AVProMovieCaptureFromScene.cs
    1) Neat at top of the file, remove the line reading: "[RequireComponent(typeof(Camera))]"
    2) At the bottom of the file there is a function "OnPostRender()", change this to "Update()"

After these changes you should be able to play this script on a non-camera object and it should always capture what the final capture renders.

Please let us know if this works for you.

35. skalev

skalev

Thanks,
    We've made the changes, and will test them shortly, i'll report back.

I was curious why there was a require component on that script - now i know ;)

36. skalev

skalev

Hi. My artists are reporting this solution broke the entire capture, nothing is capturing anymore.

I haven't gotten a chance (and probably won't get one until the new year) to investigate.

Just wanted to update you

37. msaif

msaif

Hi
    I tried to use the AVPro Movie Capture plugin.
    But the Output of the AVPro Movie Capture plugin is inverted.
    please help me
    $error1.jpg

38. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

is this unity project running in dx9, dx11 or opengl mode?

Thanks,

39. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Oh no..sorry to hear that! I made the changes on my side and it works very well. Well, we have a new version coming out soon that you can download.

40. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

New version is out! v2.3 bring you:

1) Much faster native DX11 capture performance
    2) A new editor window that allows you to make captures much more easily without adding anything to your scene - single click!
    3) Scene capture no longer requires Camera component
    4) Improved PDF documentation, explaining how to set up your codecs and the new in-editor capture window
    5) Some minor bug fixes

Feedback welcome

41. msaif

msaif

Hi
    I tried to use the AVPro Movie Capture plugin.
    But the Output of the AVPro Movie Capture plugin is inverted.
    please help me

It is runnine in dx9 mode on windiws 7

42. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

Did you try the newest plugin (v2.3)? Also which version of Unity are you using?

43. samuelmorais

samuelmorais

Hello,
    Does it support web player? I know that the webplayer can't access the disk, but I was wondering if it was possible to, for example, capture the video as stream and use the youtube API to save it. Is it possible? Thank you.

44. GodModeTech

GodModeTech

Hello. I've tried all audio codecs that are listed, and even downloaded a codec pack and none of the work when I play the video using GOM, Windows Media Player or Quicktime. Only uncompressed audio can be listened to. I am using "Unity" as the audio device. When recording from my mic, the AC-3 ACM codec works (I did not test others). I also notice that only microphones (usb and realtek) are detected. I was using Unity 4.3 and reverted to 4.2.0 and I have the same problem. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  45. pertsa

pertsa

Hi,

For some reason my "movie capture from scene" is mirrored upside down, even if the
    editor game window plays the game normally. How to fix this?

AVPro 2.3
    Unity 4.2.2f1
    Windows 7

Target aspect ratio: portrait 16:10

br, pertsa

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  46. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

I'm having the same problem... inverted

very disappointed.

47. picard_tba

picard_tba

Hello,

@AVProMovieCapture
    I really like what your tool is offering. (I read the documentation and it sounds amazing). Nonetheless I have an issue which I need to fix and I am not sure if your tool can handle this.

I have a webplayer app of Unity3D and I want to capture my webcamTexture and stream it on my webspace. From there I want another webplayer app to stream the video directly to Unity3D... is it possible to get this thing done with your AVPro-video-Capture Tool and with your AV-Pro-Quick-Time Tool ?? Thank you very much :)

48. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

If anyone is having trouble with it being inverted, then for the time being you can use this free software to flip it. It's not the ideal way because your text will be flipped too. just a quick fix.

49. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi :) I'm afraid none of our plugins will work with any webplayer app as Unity webplayer apps don't have access to native plugin.

50. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi, that's very strange. It certainly shouldn't be doing that.

Which codec are you using? Perhaps you could put up some screenshots showing your configuration and the results?