Search Unity

Arteria Discount

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by arteria, Jan 21, 2012.

1. arteria

arteria

Our medieval base character project will launch on Monday - a few factors preventing earlier release, with me having terrible Flu for the past 2 weeks(arghh.. the beauiful english climate!), and as a thanks for slow progress over the past few weeks, and delays in answering emails etc, i would like to offer a new year discount..
    Im pleased to document that the base character pack is finished in its entirety, and just exporting work now needs to be done, of which i will do tomorrow.

Claim 74% discoount until Monday - day of release for base character.

Use the code IWANTDISCOUNT

MainSite:

http://www.arteria3d.com

2. sleglik

sleglik

Again release date?

3. TouchSoft

TouchSoft

Thanks so much for the discount! I just purchased the Dungeon ultimate pack! :-D

4. arteria

arteria

Thankou Touchsoft

Sleglik, was mentioned i was unwell for 2 weeks, so that messed up an already late extended release schedule with the pack.

Steve

5. sleglik

sleglik

First release date of this character was in December :).

6. arteria

arteria

And i wouldnt release, as i wanted a large quality product. I do take extra time on material, but its because of my prime concern over quality, not rushing something out, but you know that anyway! You will really like what ive done here, cant wait to show you all.

7. Demostenes

Demostenes

This is normal with Steve. Once he was in delay 1 year and he billed many people forward (discount action, pay now, release is next month...).So you can imagine, how people liked him ;) And whole year he was repeating "ill steve, ill steves mother, ill steves dog, bad weather, i want deliver best quality...bla bla" until finally he delivered.

Steve is very good artist (technically sometimes little bit piggy, you have to clean his models sometimes), but everybody here already knows, that once he gives any terms, it has no value at all ;) I dont remember, that he ever kept any term. So just ignore it, wait and one day you will see it was released. But if you want that assets ASAP, dont wait and find other solution, it is too risky to believe his terms.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  8. runner

runner

Yes dates lapse but considering this is mostly a one man show (business) perhaps we should give him a break and some space.

• Membership fee's are reasonable can be accommodating
    • Listens then acts on customer complaints
    • Sales have been frequent
    • Relaxed license No Royalties
    • Art Model Assets ( Decent quality satisfactory if not good ) comment: can pay substantially more and still find imperfections
    And we all occasionally deal with family matters and get sick

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  9. Demostenes

Demostenes

2runner: Well, there is very simple solution, never promise any terms and never do promo actions like pay now and there is realese in one month....I am promising terms only when I know I am able to keep them.

10. TouchSoft

TouchSoft

It's Monday! Can't wait to see what Steve has! :)

11. TouchSoft

TouchSoft

DO NOT ... I REPEAT.. DO NOT purchase anything from Arteria. This is a customer warning.

I purchased an item just 1 day ago.. hours after I purchased the item (still didn't have a link to download it) He emails me saying he has a deal and I only need to pay $250 for unlimited downloads from his store. And I would also have access to the Dungeon update he is also releasing. Mind you he STILL did not send my purchased items.. I had to email him again asking for it almost 24 hours later. Once I get the file.. the product doesn't contain the "Unity Package" like the website states.. Yet he still insisted on asking for more money for this lifetime membership.

I told him I did not have it... so he says.. well just give me $100. I said no, I'd rather wait until TODAY so I could see the character models first. Then he kept persisting that I give him ANYTHING even as low as $35 with an installment plan. At this point I'm like geez this dude is desperate.

So now, here we are MONDAY ... He's emailed me twice asking if I'm ready to make a payment to become a member. I finally replied saying I want to wait until I see the 3D character models you release today...... guess what he says.

THE CHARACTER MODELS AREN'T GOING TO BE RELEASED UNTIL WEDNESDAY!

MORE LIES.

Stay away from this guy and his company... he is a scam and I'm reporting him to the moderators of this forum.. he is trying to steal money from people... I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and was very excited about being a customer.. but I refused to be scammed by liars.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  12. Legacy

Legacy

Actually he was trying to give you a deal on a lifetime membership, everything from arteria is hand delivered meaning you have to wait for him to send you the links. If you have an issue with the product just ask him to fix it for you ( he has been more than helpful to me in the past.) as far as the base character pack, he has been working on this for some time and everyone knows that he may say a date but that doesnt mean it will be ready by that date. Steve has never dissapointed and he is not trying to take anyones money he is just offering you a deal which is a great deal as he has a royalty free license on all of his models and he does great work. We all have been waiting for the base character pack but before accusing him of something please ask around as he is well known here at unity and is known to go past dates as it is better to have quality than to have him rush through the project.

13. Jaimi

Jaimi

Steve has always come through. Sounds to me like you missed out on the deal of the century - All of his stuff for $100. Wow! Have you not been to his website?

14. TouchSoft

TouchSoft

I don't buy that BS for one second. I know when I'm being baited for money. He sent me 10 emails begging for money before I finally had to ask him to send my product. Which still was wrong, so I don't wanna hear about his good quality.

$250 isn't a deal when the sh*! is wrong and always delayed.

15. siflandolly

siflandolly

I agree. I would purchase the membership for $100 if I were you. There is so much content you'd have enough for several games. And with the membership you would have access to the site with all the content so you wouldn't have to wait for an email attachment anymore.

16. hitking100

hitking100

Don't worry. I bought stuff from Steve. He then sent me an email asking if i was interested in a lifeterm membership. I offered to pay it off in two parts. Paid the first, got ALL his stuff for free and paid the rest of the amount later, no questions asked.

I understand your concern, but Steve is more than thrustworthy, just don't hold him to release dates. You can only be sure of one thing and that's, when he finally delivers, it's mint quality.

This is just a matter of miscommunication, you'll get your stuff, i'm sure of it.

17. TouchSoft

TouchSoft

Sorry don't know what planet you all live on. But on this planet I call earth, if we get horrible service before paying for membership why in the hell would I Pay $250 in hopes that things will get better. That's stupid.

18. wccrawford

wccrawford

Damn. I spent more than $250.

Oh well. It's still good stuff, and I just don't worry about release dates for future stuff. He'll do it eventually.

19. houndie

houndie

Your loss TouchSoft. I've had lifetime for almost a year not never had a problem other than release dates, but other than that one issue everything else has been great.

20. siflandolly

siflandolly

haha I did too but there's so much content I am not disappointed . I probably I only used 10% of the assets available. There's just so much content.

Unfortunately great artists and great release managers don't always come in the same package

21. granada

granada

I must say i agree.

Dave

22. TouchSoft

TouchSoft

No it's not my loss. I still have my money, and I'd rather spend it on someone more trustworthy and reliable. Even if I have to spend more money to get it. So it's HIS loss.

23. houndie

houndie

Actually no it is still your loss as you do not have access to the plethora of models, characters, etc that have already been release, instead you are so critical on the one release that you fail to see what you could have on top of what you will get. There are many many posts on this forum about Steve's delivery dates being an issue, however that is the ONLY issue that is purported across the forums, Sure Demos has issues with some of this graphic work but in the end its easily fixable.

Had you not focused onto the one release, you would have lifetime access for $100 where any number of us have paid $500-$1000 for that same access. So that my friend is your loss. The $100 bux? He'll make that up in no time i am sure, you however will never get said access and if I was him I would deliver what you paid for and drop it and never make you another offer.

But that's me not him, I'm sure he'll likely apologize profusely and make you another offer once you are satisfied. I just hope its more than $100 now ...

24. TouchSoft

TouchSoft

I didn't even WANT or NEED his other models. So why would I spend $250 (even if it's a discount) when I can't even trust the content of what I DID BUY... I'd be foolish to pay for all the extra crap I don't need or want. So like I said. It's his loss.

The bottom line is he lied to me to get more money .... And the products I did get from him were WRONG.. Plus this pack that he'd promise I'd get today if I paid $250 still isn't here. So a more deserving vendor will get my service. Not this scam artist.

25. Legacy

Legacy

Steve is a trustworthy individual, he wouldn't have the member base if he wasn't... As i said before if you had a problem you should have taken care of it with steve he would have been more than happy to fix your issue.

Edit: about the character pack, he never promises due dates he always just puts down a date he thinks it might be ready on, as i said before this does not mean it will be complete. Again it is better to have quality content rather than having a rush job. You can go pay someone hundreds of dollars to make you a base character mesh that has swappable parts and armor while we get that for free because we bought the lifetime license :).

26. wccrawford

wccrawford

Heh yeah. If I was disappointed, I'd be telling him, not the message board. :) That's the thing about bargaining... If both sides feel they got a good deal at the time, then they did.

27. Demostenes

Demostenes

Truth is, that Steve really behaves like scammer. The behaviour TouchSoft described is EXACTLY what Steve does. False terms 10x in row, just give us money preorder....Now I know, that Steve will deliver, because he always did, on the other side his attitude to business is REALLY bad and he really behaves like scammer. No matter what business are you doing you should behave like professional and Steve is not behaving professionaly. When I first gave him $150 and than I wait for cca 1year, I wanted to kill him too.

So my recommendtation to Steve: STOP giving ANY terms and STOP giving these preorder discounts. You are not able to fulfill any term you ever gave, so rather dont do it and be professional. Just sell when you have it. Thats all.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  28. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Any news?

29. wccrawford

wccrawford

Any news on what?

Demostenes still thinks Steve acts like a scammer. The rest of us still think Steve has time estimation issues, but produces good work for great prices. Steve is still working on models for release and will release them when they are ready.

Did I cover it all?

30. PizzaGuy213

PizzaGuy213

I think he means, did Touchsoft ever get his Dungeon Pack? Great Thread btw! :p

31. sleglik

sleglik

Any news? I mean that character that was released on Monday.

32. wccrawford

wccrawford

Actually, he said he got the goods, but it didn't have the 'Unity Package' that the site said. It had the rest of it. I assume Steve gave it to him or gave him his money back, since he later says, "No it's not my loss. I still have my money, and I'd rather spend it on someone more trustworthy and reliable. Even if I have to spend more money to get it."

33. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I meant if there was any news on the release of the character pack.

34. zenman

zenman

Thanks for the update Steve. Plenty of support here can't make everyone happy.

35. RoyS

RoyS

Steve is a very generous person. He tends to give away the farm, if anything else. I used to buy from "competitor" (who doesn't support their products), but Steve stands behind his stuff and he is the only one I purchase from now.

Yes, he does tend to miss deadlines, but he's doing all the work by himself (from what I hear), so it's understandable. However, it is well worth the wait as he delivers fantastic products. His work is only getting better and better.

As they say in Oblivion..."Another satisfied customer."

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  36. Avanger

Avanger

hey same new models samthing new??

37. petero181

petero181

for his art work, i think its worth to wait ...

38. JeffAU

JeffAU

I would recommend Steve and Arteria3D to anyone, even a best friend or family member. The quality of his work is 1st class and he is a very friendly guy to deal with. With every product in every industry there are people who will criticise but don't believe everything you read. There are people who hate iPhones, BMWs, Microsoft ... All I can say is that I've been a customer of Steve for over 2 years and I have found him and his work to be awesome. I try so hard to get my work finished on time and I'd be shocked if people called me a scammer because I was late on a job. Please don't go too hard on Steve, there are not enough top notch Unity designers out there selling packs and we need to keep these guys motivated and producing great content. ... just my thoughts, please don't take offence.

39. TouchSoft

TouchSoft

maybe you misunderstood..I called him a scammer for asking me for money promising that a product would be ready at an EXACT DATE... I have a project on the line.. I'm not doing this as some hobby. And as you can see CLEARLY the product still isn't here. All I'm saying is to anyone that gets an email from him saying "GIVE ME MONEY AND I WILL HAVE THE ITEMS READY ON A CERTAIN DAY" do not trust him... It's a lie.

No one is denying his work is good, obviously I thought so if I purchased from him. But that doesn't change the fact that I was lied to just to squeeze money out of me... Yes good people lie too. Sadly.

I mean, just look.. He didn't even have the decency to let people know the pack is being delayed. I had to break the news. Yes he's a great artist.. But he needs lessons in customer service.

40. Demostenes

Demostenes

You will never explain kids, that keeping terms is base of serious business. They have to learn hard way. The really dont understand, that wating for something which was promised and thus it causes you delay is problem for anyone, who is not hobbist. They never heard of anything like planning. They can afford to wait one year, because they will never release anything.

41. wccrawford

wccrawford

We all know that. But there are time when exceptions are made. For Steve's price and quality, I'm willing to let the deadlines slide. If he charged more, I wouldn't be.

You know what's unprofessional, though? Attempting to destroy someone's business. You said your piece, and that should have been it. Nobody denied anything you said. But you 2 just keep coming back and posting the same complaint over and over. Yes, he broke the deal you had and you're upset. We know, and you can stop saying it. Your posts aren't being deleted, and everyone can read them for eternity. There's no need to keep at it.

42. PizzaGuy213

PizzaGuy213

I personally also have bad expiernces with designers / modelers found on the Unity forum (not Arteria!). I think delay / not delivering is one of the worst things you can do when providing a service through the web. So much so that things like what happened with Touchsoft in my opinion border on the line of scamming.. It doesn't really matter wheter or not the intentions are good or bad, if a customer fails to get what he/she bought, you are essentially scamming them.

I'm about one bad expierence away from endorsing a Unity Black List. or some kind of review system, to see if the person you're dealing with is trustworthy..

*edit*

Then again, Aretria seems to have many loyal customers, who don't mind waiting etc, so I want to make it clear I'm not trying to bash him or anything..

But maybe it's a good idea to see reviews of designers, so you know what you are dealing with upfront. This will also help the designers themselves with seeing what customers like and don't like about their service.

43. runner

runner

Most of us replying in this thread have corresponded business with him on several occasions and think you are making exaggerated remarks that are not strictly true as you have show in caps. He makes offers and you either accept or decline its that simple. Of course its a act of faith and worry that arrangement's are delivered and on time, especially is the concern with unfamiliar business's. I doubt he wants to damage years of reputation. Besides you are not the only one in the forums that takes development seriously or makes investments in a project. So try and chill and see what happens next.

And yes its not the great business etiquette but that's the way it is with Arteria.

44. Demostenes

Demostenes

He makes offer, we accept, we pay and then he not keeps his part of agreement (time of delivery). I really dont undestand, how can anybody defend such behaviour.

45. siflandolly

siflandolly

I think the solution is for Steve not to make any announcement of due dates in the future as Demo suggested. It doesn't really affect me because I'm a hobbyist but I can see the reason for frustration for people who aren't. I don't think Steve has bad intentions though.

46. zenman

zenman

It's up on web site.Medieval Male Base Character

47. arteria

arteria

Thanks! Nice customers are watching my work!

Will be releasing fully within a few hours, promo pics, offers, video showcase etc

Stay tuned!

Steve

48. zenman

zenman

Looks pretty good Steve, worth the wait.

49. lmbarns

lmbarns

I was given access, there are no hard feelings it was the principal and I'm sorry it came to what it did.

When things aren't clear, especially online, it can quickly lead to the wrong impression. Especially if the initial response is that you didn't buy something that you have an email outlining.

And I would definitely do arteriacharacters.com and others. Arteria low poly would be really nice with all the mobile license people were given earlier this year.....

Thank you, and sorry.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  50. arteria

arteria

Thankyou Imbarns, glad we cleaered the misunderstanding up

Steve

Last edited: May 15, 2012