Search Unity

FT_Effect Project

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by frontakk, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Bradamante

Bradamante

Hi,

I am looking for some effect, 1) and 2) are a bit related:

1) A "space ship jumps out" effect. You know, a bit Star-Trek-like, but not too much.

2) A "space ships blinks forward" effect. This is similar to 1), but in 1) the space ship would disappear, here the space ship would remain in the scene.

Does one of your Assets provide such an effect? It should have a dark, real, non-cartooney look, a bit like FT Magic Effects Volume 01 -> "DARK BALL".

3) A fire effect when a rocket launches. You know, some brief orange fire that bursts out in the back of the rocket.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  2. Alic

Alic

Wow, these are by far the best cartoon particle effects I've seen using Shuriken -- the new cartoon pack looks amazing by the way! I'm working on a project where the game goes into slow motion constantly, so any particle effects I use have to look cool at pretty much any speed. I'm worried that due to all the animated sprite sheet stuff in this pack, it will look weird in slow motion. Can anyone tell me I'm right or wrong about this? What would be really awesome is a video, or the ability to slow down/speed up the demo :p

Thanks for your time!

3. SkermunkelStudios

SkermunkelStudios

Thanks for the PM frontakk and apologies for getting upset, super huge thank you that you are updating FT Magic effects Volume 2. Not many developers that keep their aesthetic assets up to date.

4. frontakk

frontakk

Hi.
    Cartoon asset has few flames.
    Maybe slowmotion look like Frame-by-Frame playback :(

5. frontakk

frontakk

Thanks!:D

6. frontakk

frontakk

I released FT FreeSample.
    You can use this free asset to test whether or not FT effect product runs properly on your game before you purchase it.!:D

FT FreeSample

7. frontakk

frontakk

Sorry, I still haven't gotten around to dealing with your previous request. I will deal with it, and this request, together.

8. frontakk

frontakk

Is "space ship jumps out" effect a warp effect?
    The same thing as Youtube which you post before?

9. frontakk

frontakk

Making the effect of when a space ship jumps out is difficult. I watched the Star Trek video.

The rocket launch effect that you requested has been added to FT FreeSamples, so please download it.

The explosion effect that you requested earlier will be released as an asset called FT ExplosionMaster, please just wait a little longer.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  10. Assassinbeast

Assassinbeast

Thanks, I just tried it out, unfortunately its not exactly what Im looking for :(

I dont know if its possible, but Im looking for some slash effects just like yours, but I need them to work in all angles, so if its only a spritesheet on a plane then sometimes the player stands in a position where its just nothing coming out... and if you use billboarding then it might look wierd sometimes because the position is wrong with the character.. So do you have time and the ability to create some magic with some mesh perhaps and make a Vol. 2, where slash effects go well in all angles :) ?

11. mathias234

mathias234

I WANT EM ALL!!! If i had money

12. indiegamemodels

indiegamemodels

I have just discovered you particle effects, and I must say that they are looking awesome!!!

13. frontakk

frontakk

Thanks!:D

14. Adarenlon

Adarenlon

frontakk, I sent you a private message.

15. frontakk

frontakk

16. super-cypher

super-cypher

hi
    your effects are nice but why do you price them 'so' expensive? if you cut the price in half you will get untold more sales and make so much more money.

17. frontakk

frontakk

Yes, $50 is a high price.(talk about FT explosion master)
    But explosion effect is $2.5 per one.
    I think $2.5 does not high price by this quality.

18. Rico21745

Rico21745

I think the quality is good but he's right, for that price you can get a lot more assets on the store, some of which are packs of both meshes and particles.

Also some of the packs have way more effects people may need. Generally speaking, people need a variety of different effects for their game, so imagine buying Blood, explosions, impact and magic. That combination is fairly common I imagine, if someone were making an RPG of some sort.

Have you thought about perhaps bundling common effects like these together as a "deal" pack? Perhaps making things cheaper by including a little less variety than the specialized packs.

19. 3dMOose

3dMOose

Nice work! I'm really interested in your fire to smoke textures.. any chance of selling those separately in the store?

20. Bigmamajama

Bigmamajama

I just purchased the FT Blood effects pack and using your blood objects prefab. This one shoots blood out via game object cubes and leaves a mark on the ground where they land. My question is, there are very few "flat" terrain areas in my game so the blood generally lands in mid air or straight out from an angled surface. Can you make recommendations on how to modify the effect to land on the terrain regardless of slope or angle?

p87 likes this.
  21. ilyes-garifullin

ilyes-garifullin

Hello! Great effects! I want to buy some of them, but have some questions:

Web player demo for FT Slasher Volume01 is not working, says that i have not unity web player, i download and install it, but nothing changes.
    Other demos are work well

I have downloaded Free version of your effects to try use them, but i can not set correct rotation to Slash effect. Trying create slash like this:

var p = characterGameObject.transform.position;
    var r = characterGameObject.transform.rotation;

Instantiate(SlashEffect, p, r);

or like this:
    Instantiate(SlashEffect, p, Quaternion.Euler(90, r.y, 0)); // sometimes effect appears with correct rotation, sometimes not, I can't understend why.

I am newbie in Unity3d, so mayby I have missed some important thing.

22. ilyes-garifullin

ilyes-garifullin

anybody alive at this forum thread?

23. tbg10101_

tbg10101_

I was using the Explosion demo and the smoke looked very low frame-rate. Is that just for the demo?

24. RChrispy

RChrispy

I love your awesome toon particle effects!
    There should be "Toon Nature effects" with thorns and trees and such :D
    Keep up the nice work! I will watch your work for more cartoon updates and buy them when my project gets to that state!

25. Nanako

Nanako

i have to second this. I'm not sure what framerate they are, but it looks very jarring compared to the demo framerate. the difference is noticeable and it looks unnatural. it also doesnt look like 60fps which is what i target

26. Nanako

Nanako

magic effect volume 03 demo link is dead
    as is blood effects volume 01

Slasher, magic effects 1, and impact effects, all those demo links don't work, it asks me to install the unity player, despite having already done so. I tried installing it but nothing changes

Please reply to this post once you correct these so that i get an alert, i'd like to come back and check.

27. frontakk

frontakk

Sorry everyone, I'm back.

Hmm... It is working in my browser.:)
    If you using google chrome browser?
    Try this one.
    [bug] unity web player does not work with 64bit Google Chrome browser.

28. frontakk

frontakk

My explosion asset spritesheet is 4x4 16 frames or 4x8 32 frames.
    When set a long lifetime values, particle look is not smooth:(
    Set a short lifetime, particle look is smooth (about 0.5)

29. frontakk

frontakk

Sorry , I'm not programer.
    I can't solve the problem. :(

30. Nanako

Nanako

31. frontakk

frontakk

I'm installed latest version firefox and run demo... it's working.
    hmmm...

32. gshape

gshape

Hi! Just want to say thanks for those great effects! I am a happy customer so far, I bought FT_CartoonEffect Volume01 and FT_CartoonEffect Volume02.

I hope you will create more 3D "Cartoon Effect" volumes in the future, if possible more "Hit Impacts" (e.g. slash like Devil May Cry) in cartoon style effects will be even better. :)

33. frontakk

frontakk

Thanks!:)
    Yes, I'd like to release a new FT cartoon effects.

34. TJQ

TJQ

Are colors able to be changed within the unity editor for the FT Pulse V01 pack?

35. frontakk

frontakk

OK,I add a gray texture.
    Please wait, update soon.

36. TJQ

TJQ

I do not yet own this asset but i would like to get it if the colors are able to be changed, will adding the grey texture make it so the colors can be changed?

37. frontakk

frontakk

Sorry late reply.
    I'm update FT_Pulse asset.

38. TJQ

TJQ

ah nice, ty for the info and for adding that grey texture. i just purchased the asset and will add a review later.

39. frontakk

frontakk

Thanks!

40. Exeneva

Exeneva

Hey there, I have a request, although this is more of a line renderer request than a particle request.

Would you be able to create something like the blue beam here (the one going from the card to the avatar in the bottom left)?

41. frontakk

frontakk

Hi.
    Hmmm...I think this effect difficult made by shuriken system.
    Best way using trail renderer system.
    But unity standard trail is not good... I recommended use trail assets.
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/jp/#!/content/10236 (I have not used it.)

42. willpower

willpower

Yo these impact effects are perfect for my game, here's a quick vid with a few of them put in

43. frontakk

frontakk

Thank you for using my effect.
    So cool!!

willpower likes this.
  44. Exeneva

Exeneva

@frontakk , I'm looking for an earth shot effect. The problem with a lot of the particle effects on the asset store is there is no generic projectile effect that is indistinguishable from a magic effect.

I want an effect that looks like it could be either a physical projectile or a brown magic blast - it should look like it could be either of those to the viewer, but the viewer should not be able to say for certain which one it is because it looks like it could be either one. Do you think you can create something like this?

45. frontakk

frontakk

Sorry I don't know "earth shot effect":(
    Any have reference youtube video or images?

46. Exeneva

Exeneva

Ignore the 'earth shot effect' part. Can you make a projectile that the viewer could not be certain whether it was a physical projectile or a magic projectile? It would likely need to be brown or black.

47. frontakk

frontakk

Now I'm working recreate FT magic effect vokume02.
    It's include magic projectile and magic laser effect.:)

48. Exeneva

Exeneva

Will you provide many color variations of the projectile and laser effects?

By the way, what I meant by an effect that could be either magical or projectile is something like a white projectile (not colored, just thin and white). Can you add in a thin white projectile? Most games need a 'generic' white projectile and surprisingly, most assets don't have that.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  49. frontakk

frontakk

Yes, maybe I using white texture.
    You can change color for parameters.:)

Exeneva likes this.
  50. Exeneva

Exeneva

Ok cool :)

I have another request though - can you make a spear projectile with impact effect? Something that looks like this but in particle system, not 3D model?