Search Unity

Fatal errors in Web player but not stand alone?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by glom1envisage0, Jan 13, 2012.

1. glom1envisage0

glom1envisage0

I have crashing and missing and/or flashing meshes in the webplayer version of my game but everything works fine in the stand alone executable.

2. SkaredCreations

SkaredCreations

It's impossible to help here without any information and detail, you should check the log file of your webplayer

3. glom1envisage0

glom1envisage0

It appears that the number of levels and particular levels can cause a crash or an incomplete load but one line I see a lot in the logs is "Could not get location property". At one time I loaded every gameplay level except the last two and everything ran fine but when I added the second to last, there were flashing and missing meshes and eventually a crash. I then tried having only the first gameplay level and that second-to-last one, excluding all others and surprisingly everything ran properly. I therefore, can't pin down the bug as even being associated with a particular scene but rather various combinations of scenes. I just, tried loading only the menu and story-line scenes and success... quite non-logical. Could I be accidentally attempting to rewrite data in the same memory sectors?

4. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

That error message says that the Unity webplayer plugin cannot read the URL of the game from the browser. (The page in the browser will have a location property in the DOM). The fetching of the URL only happens when the plugin starts up. My best guess is that "something bad" has happened, and this error message is a symptom of something else. Hard to know what else to say, other than I have never seen this reported in 3 years.