Unity Community

Page 80 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2386

1. Location
    Rapid City, SD, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Izitmee View Post
    Hey John, I kind of like the chunky look of the hand, but 3/4 hours to do that are definitely too much even after a decade :P Get that pencil moving until you become the Flash® and do the same in 5 minutes (well, actually the Flash® would do that in 0.1 milliseconds - approximately - but probably the paper would get on fire)
    Thank you. I plan on it, believe me on that. To be honest I've never drawn much in my life so to be able to do that is amazing to me.

Now that I think about it, it was probably more like 2 hours.

Edit: The reason why the hand in this picture looks chunky is because my hand is chunky. It feels like it anyway... lol
    Last edited by OmniverseProductions; 04-28-2012 at 06:00 PM.

2. Posts
    My Prototype RPG or
    "The World's Smallest Role Playing Game."

This is the prototype I made for my upcoming RPG games for Android. Made mostly with the Okashi Role Playing Kit but I did some coding such as the character generator and I coded my own way of changing equipment- still using ORK, but since my armor pieces are all part of the same model, I had to figure out a way to have the inventory change what was active. The figures are original, which I commissioned from Dark Side of the Pixel and rigged and animated myself. The rest was made with assets from the asset store. Well except for the loot bag which I modeled quickly and just put a simple color mat on it.

Use "A" and "D" to rotate the camera. Left click to move. Right click to attack.
    Last edited by drewradley; 04-28-2012 at 06:18 PM.

3. Location
    Rome / Niš
    Quote Originally Posted by drewradley View Post
    My Prototype RPG or

This is the prototype I made for my upcoming RPG games for Android. Made mostly with the Okashi Role Playing Kit but I did some coding such as the character generator and I coded my own way of changing equipment- still using ORK, but since my armor pieces are all part of the same model, I had to figure out a way to have the inventory change what was active. The figures are original, which I commissioned from Dark Side of the Pixel and rigged and animated myself. The rest was made with assets from the asset store. Well except for the loot bag which I modeled quickly and just put a simple color mat on it.

Use "A" and "D" to rotate the camera. Left click to move. Right click to attack.
    I finished it!!! This is the first RPG I fully complete since Fallout 3!!! As a prototype it's interesting, though the main issue I found (for a prototype), is that the ceiling arcs can capture clicks on the ground. About controls, since you can't attack everybody, you could simply use a single button: clicking on an enemy will attack, clicking on a friend will interact.

::::: GOSCURRY - a hard game :::::

I am DEMIGIANT
    HOTween : a fast, type-safe, and powerful Unity tween engine
    HOTools - HOUnityLibs

4. Location
    Rapid City, SD, USA
    My Prototype RPG or

Are you going to add a button place points automatically because I'm too lazy to assign points maunally.

5. Location
    Massachusetts
    Finished my animations, threw some little touches on the texture/model. Here it is in Unity, so there's real lighting now, which is nice

Try my new Android game Starling Fall (forum thread)!
    And check out my other Android apps

6. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izitmee View Post
    I finished it!!! This is the first RPG I fully complete since Fallout 3!!! As a prototype it's interesting, though the main issue I found (for a prototype), is that the ceiling arcs can capture clicks on the ground. About controls, since you can't attack everybody, you could simply use a single button: clicking on an enemy will attack, clicking on a friend will interact.
    Awesome! Mine puts FO3 to shame, eh?
    Yeah, I'll be removing the ceiling since its going to be "isometric". I will be making buttons to click on to attack when I port it to Android, as well as buttons for rotating the camera. At the very least, I will make it so touching an enemy attacks and NPC interacts.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniverseProductions View Post
    Are you going to add a button place points automatically because I'm too lazy to assign points maunally.
    Sorry, I am not sure what you mean...
    Last edited by drewradley; 04-28-2012 at 07:46 PM.

7. Location
    Massachusetts
    Sorry, I am not sure what you mean...
    I think he's talking about where you have to assign stat-points in the beginning. He wants a way to automatically assign them. I thought it was a good little start to a game, by the way, nice work

8. Location
    Rapid City, SD, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by NickAVV View Post
    I think he's talking about where you have to assign stat-points in the beginning. He wants a way to automatically assign them. I thought it was a good little start to a game, by the way, nice work
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

9. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniverseProductions View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
    Yes. I will assign default stat points since I am going to be making it character based. I will allow people to change them, but there will be a default that is ideal for the character and game.

10. Location
    Victoria Australia
    Finished my animations, threw some little touches on the texture/model. Here it is in Unity, so there's real lighting now, which is nice
    I really like the look of that
    Maybe you can help me work out how to smooth my planetary gravity!

Quote Originally Posted by hippocoder View Post
    Calm down, you're posting all kinds of nonsense that makes no sense. I suggest you post less, and follow http://unity3d.com/learn tutorials.

11. Location
    Massachusetts

12. Location
    Rome / Niš
    Now it looks really really nice, and probably very funny to animate

::::: GOSCURRY - a hard game :::::

I am DEMIGIANT
    HOTween : a fast, type-safe, and powerful Unity tween engine
    HOTools - HOUnityLibs

13. Location
    Massachusetts
    It is, I set it up with one of the example on-screen joystick things, for mobile devices, so the animation speed links with the level of stick tilt, and it plays a walk animation until the stick is at position 0.5, and a run animation after that. It's really neat

14. Location
    Croatia
    Textures for my Mayan/Aztec environment.
    Name:  rendertexture.png
Views: 711
Size:  828.5 KB
    Portfolio:Under construction!
    Cartoony Weapon Pack-Medieval-FREE
    New to Unity? Orient yourself now!
    Learn Unity

Another Work in progress game i've have created so far.

Webplayer Here.
    Check out my Work In Progress Horror Game!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Play Pixel Pirates [its only a small test]
    Play Fatty Flyer <-- I cloned Flappy Bird! Everyone shame me! SHAAAAAAMEEE MEE!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my Ludum Dare 23 Entry Here

Reworking Blog.
    My Portfolio

16. Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Could be a very nice little game.
    A hint about the collisions could be to implement a "skin" on the character to avoid the shaking when it comes to colliding with object. Or use the built in character controller.
    http://unity3d.com/support/documenta...cterController this is a very good reference.

17. Posts
    My project from before now has a name, "Hubris". At the moment it is only development title. Not much work will be done on it for a little while due to exams.

I have started to mess about with trees:

And the beginnings of an underwater effect (this was put together on Saturday, but forgot to post it):

Last edited by Nappael; 04-30-2012 at 04:24 AM.

18. Location
    Germany/Deutschland
    Looks very cool How do you make the Underwater Effects?

19. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BusterBlader View Post
    Looks very cool How do you make the Underwater Effects?
    Thanks!

The underwater effects are done in two parts. The first is a script that changes the fog and skybox settings when you enter the water, very similar to the script here: http://unifycommunity.com/wiki/index...erwater_Script

The second half is a bubble effect created with the use of a particle system.

Page 80 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast