Unity Community

Page 73 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2386

1. Location
    Nottingham
    Quote Originally Posted by charliesamways View Post
    trying to come up with a logo design for some course work. Title 'Project Magic'

Number 6 (scribbled background) makes the cards stand out more, whereas the solid background of the others seems to envelop the cards more making them look smaller and not as prominent.

An in-game screenshot of the upcoming Monimals project:

The background is only temporary, along with the info pane backgrounds.

2. Location
    Victoria Australia
    trying to come up with a logo design for some course work. Title 'Project Magic'
    How are you going to college when you are 16?!?!?!(not sure weather in England a college is University or if it is like high-school)
    Maybe you can help me work out how to smooth my planetary gravity!

Quote Originally Posted by hippocoder View Post
    Calm down, you're posting all kinds of nonsense that makes no sense. I suggest you post less, and follow http://unity3d.com/learn tutorials.

3. Location
    Leeds, UK
    In England (and the rest of the UK) College is the optional step between secondary school and university.

Universities are where you get degrees, colleges get you diplomas; usually a 1 or 2 year course as opposed to a standard 3 year degree course, however they are generally equivalent in learning to the first 1 or 2 years of a degree course. Meaning you can usually progress from a college diploma straight to the next equivalent year in a degree course at a university.

Although they're trying to push through legislation that means you have to stay in secondary school until 18, rather than being able to leave at 16 and go on to university or college :/

4. Pocket Artist
    Also,here's what I'm working on(no textures yet....UV Unwrappin is a nighmare!)
    Asset Store Content Packs

NEW! UPDATED VERSION
    Medieval Lightsources Pack v2.0
    __________________________________________________ ________________

Portofolio:
    My portofolio 3D Artist

New To UNITY?Orient yourself now!
    Learn UNITY!

5. Location
    Victoria Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Farfarer View Post
    In England (and the rest of the UK) College is the optional step between secondary school and university.

Universities are where you get degrees, colleges get you diplomas; usually a 1 or 2 year course as opposed to a standard 3 year degree course, however they are generally equivalent in learning to the first 1 or 2 years of a degree course. Meaning you can usually progress from a college diploma straight to the next equivalent year in a degree course at a university.

Although they're trying to push through legislation that means you have to stay in secondary school until 18, rather than being able to leave at 16 and go on to university or college :/
    That's cool

In Australia we go to high school until we are 18(end of that year) although you can drop out in year 10 no one does as you cant get a job if you do, after that you go to TAFE(Tertiary And Farther Education) and get diplomas or university to get degrees(people get diplomas for stuff like hair dressing or for a way to get into uni courses)

I think the UK has a better system
    Maybe you can help me work out how to smooth my planetary gravity!

Quote Originally Posted by hippocoder View Post
    Calm down, you're posting all kinds of nonsense that makes no sense. I suggest you post less, and follow http://unity3d.com/learn tutorials.

6. Pocket Artist
    Quote Originally Posted by titanty View Post
    That's cool

In Australia we go to high school until we are 18(end of that year) although you can drop out in year 10 no one does as you cant get a job if you do, after that you go to TAFE(Tertiary And Farther Education) and get diplomas or university to get degrees(people get diplomas for stuff like hair dressing or for a way to get into uni courses)

I think the UK has a better system
    Same in Romania...but the education here is at it's worst,each year something changes...every minister wants to change the education in his own way,and that's what is wrong.I will have the final high-school exam in 2 years(I don't know how people call it in other countries...we call it BAC or Bacalaureat),and you really need to study hard for it,but with these constant changes you don't know if you will actually going to take this exam or the education system will be changed again.
    Students are getting confused,that's why more than 40% of Romania's students failed last year...
    EDIT: Also because of the lack of interest...

I really like how other more advanced countries handle their education...that's why I want to leave Romania after I finish high-school....who knows,I'll go to UK
    Last edited by Thunderent; 04-17-2012 at 05:23 AM.
    Asset Store Content Packs

NEW! UPDATED VERSION
    Medieval Lightsources Pack v2.0

Portofolio:
    My portofolio 3D Artist

New To UNITY?Orient yourself now!
    Learn UNITY!

7. Location
    UK, Grimsby
    I think we handle our education awfully. The fact that college her is optional it really does stop people from being competent with attendence and such. If it was compulsary like school I think it would be much better, but give it a few years and it will be. Ive been told that English Universities are one of the best to have on your CV.

8. Posts

Space Combat Simulator WIP 02

I already had posted this first Work-In-Progress video of my little project...

Now, I have added multi-staged explosions to it, which means: destroyed ships don't just explode and disappear, they break apart and every part explodes for itself

I also uploaded a WebPlayer

Controls are:
    W - accelerate
    S - brake/backwards
    Q/E - roll left/right
    Space - set speed to 0
    Left Mouse - shoot

Steering is a little bit different but works good:
    Hold the mouse cursor in the middle (crosshair) to keep the ship in position. Moving the mouse away from the crosshair lets you turn the ship.

I'm looking forward to your answers

EDIT:
    In fact, the player ship can explode, too... unfortunately the camera gets destroyed too, so when the game suddenly becomes gray, you are dead
    Last edited by ENNEMMEE; 04-17-2012 at 07:27 AM.

9. Location
    UK, Grimsby
    Quote Originally Posted by Varedis View Post
    Number 6 (scribbled background) makes the cards stand out more, whereas the solid background of the others seems to envelop the cards more making them look smaller and not as prominent.

slowly resembling pokemon more and more but looks good

10. Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ENNEMMEE View Post
    <snip>

Now, I have added multi-staged explosions to it, which means: destroyed ships don't just explode and disappear, they break apart and every part explodes for itself

I also uploaded a WebPlayer

Controls are:
    W - accelerate
    S - brake/backwards
    Q/E - roll left/right
    Space - set speed to 0
    Left Mouse - shoot

Steering is a little bit different but works good:
    Hold the mouse cursor in the middle (crosshair) to keep the ship in position. Moving the mouse away from the crosshair lets you turn the ship.

I'm looking forward to your answers

EDIT:
    In fact, the player ship can explode, too... unfortunately the camera gets destroyed too, so when the game suddenly becomes gray, you are dead
    A couple of things!

First, you need to know about locking the cursor:
    http://unity3d.com/support/documenta...ockCursor.html

This way you can move the mouse and the pointer never leaves the screen.

I was finding it very hard to play as I kept moving the cursor out of the screen and couldn't fire as I'd just click on another window (as I'm not playing in full screen mode...)

I didn't play long enough to get destroyed, but if the player ship explodes, as part of your destruction sequence, you can detach the main camera and have it move backwards to show the explosion. Let me know if you need any hints with this one...

I'd also suggest that as an option, you look into using the mouse scroll wheel for changing acceleration as well. Let me know if you need hints with this one as well...

I'm looking forward to an update so I can give it another (and better) try.

Like some of the VFX (it's "my thing" I must admit) ...

May I ask what you are using to control your enemy ships?

11. Location
    Leeds, UK

Pretty cool, middle right is the best one, imo.

Have you played with any other concepts of magic? Cards seem pretty obvious to me. There's tons of other "classic" magic tricks you can use as inspiration, as well as themes such as misdirection and slight of hand that might lead you down more original paths.

Best piece of advice I was ever given regarding the concepting stage is rather than work with what the brief explicitly states, play with all the things the brief does not explicitly state :P

12. Location
    UK, Grimsby
    Quote Originally Posted by Farfarer View Post
    Pretty cool, middle right is the best one, imo.

Have you played with any other concepts of magic? Cards seem pretty obvious to me. There's tons of other "classic" magic tricks you can use as inspiration, as well as themes such as misdirection and slight of hand that might lead you down more original paths.

Best piece of advice I was ever given regarding the concepting stage is rather than work with what the brief explicitly states, play with all the things the brief does not explicitly state :P
    Thanks Farfarer, this is actually incredibly far away from my brief ^_^ In the brief I included a magic hat rather than cards, Ill keep playing of course. these are just some ideas i came up with in class.

13. Location
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada(Not a fun place)
    An in-game screenshot of the upcoming Monimals project:

This reminds me of a project I wanted to do, but the artist just never logged on again! Just inspired me to make a battle system for my game!
    Cubey - Timing Based Puzzler
    UDS - Unity Debris System(Fracture/Destruction)

My Very Own Unity Tutorials
    http://youtube.com/Jiddabug21

Twitter: LostKeyGames
    Youtube http://youtube.com/LostKeyGames

14. Location
    Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderent View Post
    Also,here's what I'm working on(no textures yet....UV Unwrappin is a nighmare!)
    For what is it?And are you going to hand paint it or something else?
    Portfolio:Under construction!
    Cartoony Weapon Pack-Medieval-FREE
    New to Unity? Orient yourself now!
    Learn Unity

15. Location
    Germany
    Ok, my Simple TODO is on the Asset Store. Thanks to all who gave me some advices on how to implement the Undo system (Wiki script) and to the author of the script. It helped me a lot.

Oh and here is the link to the Asset Store forum

16. Location
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanneyanen View Post
    Some work done on menus and health and magic bars. Also a lot of new art assets since last time (I guess), but everything's still a work in progress. The Youtube video got a little bit darker than the original, but it should get the point accross:

Looking neat so far!
    Unity 3D Tutorials made easy! http://www.youtube.com/JesseEtzler0

17. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Angel View Post
    A couple of things!

First, you need to know about locking the cursor:
    http://unity3d.com/support/documenta...ockCursor.html

This way you can move the mouse and the pointer never leaves the screen.

I was finding it very hard to play as I kept moving the cursor out of the screen and couldn't fire as I'd just click on another window (as I'm not playing in full screen mode...)
    Well, at this early stage of the project I don't feel like cursor locking really is that essential. Turning the player's ship is already limited to the game screen's boundaries so moving the mouse outside the game's screen doesn't make the ship turn faster. Later on I will surely lock the cursor but for this I need a visual representation of the cursor so that the player knows and sees why the ship is turning or not turning.

I didn't play long enough to get destroyed, but if the player ship explodes, as part of your destruction sequence, you can detach the main camera and have it move backwards to show the explosion. Let me know if you need any hints with this one...
    Mmmh... currently it's just an alpha version and I was just too lazy to do that

I'd also suggest that as an option, you look into using the mouse scroll wheel for changing acceleration as well. Let me know if you need hints with this one as well...
    Mh, nope... the mouse wheel will be used for changing weapons or changing target... I'm still not sure which of those two provides a better gameplay experience but I'm gonna play around with that. But I think speed changes and movement should be on the keyboard (WASD+QE)

May I ask what you are using to control your enemy ships?
    That's all coded by myself... I know it looks a little bit weird, especially when two ships collide but again: alphaaaa I know I'm gonna have to improve this

Thanks for your reply I like posts like yours: showing ways on how to improve is always a good thing Thanks!

18. Location
    Witney, UK
    More frog! Bwahahah evil!

http://fishman92.carbonmade.com/ Portfolio
    @fishman92
    Need anything done? Great rates and speedy service. Contact me on skype @fishman.92.

19. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    @Lmentar

That's an interesting art style - looks great.
    Thanks c-Row

Another two screenshots.
    The character textures still unfinished, clothes with just normal maps.

20. Location
    Denmark
    Working on AI for space combat

I began working on it a few week ago, so its very WIP

To try it out:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5394772/spac...WebPlayer.html

Control:
    W/S - faster speed/slower speed
    A/D - turn spacehip
    UP/DOWN - tilt spacehip
    LEFT/RIGHT - rotate spacehip
    R - restart game