Unity Community

Page 69 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2386

1. Location
    Rome / Niš
    @Acumen: ahaha finally I noticed it, and am still laughing

I have to admit that I like all Robodash GUI, but my favorite detail are the stars: simple and simply different. And hey, simple slide and fade effects rule, and are very elegant! For GUI I only use those too :P Glad you're having fun with HOTween (I'm using it massively, and am already thinking of making a much faster V2 version - currently making some tests about it)

Aha, Blake is hiding from me too. Just wrote him an "is everything ok" mail a couple days ago :P

@SONB: the TODO list looks not only useful, but is also visually very nice

::::: GOSCURRY - a hard game :::::

I am DEMIGIANT
    HOTween : a fast, type-safe, and powerful Unity tween engine
    HOTools - HOUnityLibs

2. Posts

Working on an environment sculpt.

Please turn down the audio on this video, it was for a thesis update review, and don't make fun of my voice, was recorded at 5am

3. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Coming to collaboration with songtan
    Hate to have such long times between finalizing projects. You always end up redoing everything over and over again
    The new GUI looks great!
    Designer / Artist / Part Time Coder
    XWired Games || @XWiredGames || @Phil_XG

PC Games: Aftermath || City Living
    Mac Games: Aftermath || City Living

4. Location
    Germany
    @Little Angel Thanx for the tip, I'll post a link to my asset thread.
    Just read once more the Asset Store Guidelines, as it seems I have to implement the Undo functionality. I actually planned it for the next version, but now I feel uncomfortable releasing even such a simple tool without Undo.

@Izitmee Thank you I tried to skin it the way it appeals to my eyes (can't stand the default skin). Now I'm glad you like it as well

5. Location
    Rome / Niš
    Quote Originally Posted by SONB View Post
    @Little Angel Thanx for the tip, I'll post a link to my asset thread.
    Just read once more the Asset Store Guidelines, as it seems I have to implement the Undo functionality. I actually planned it for the next version, but now I feel uncomfortable releasing even such a simple tool without Undo.

@Izitmee Thank you I tried to skin it the way it appeals to my eyes (can't stand the default skin). Now I'm glad you like it as well
    Ehe, check my signature: I use that undo system for everything (even editor panels with multiple sources), and it is easy to implement and works quite well

I am DEMIGIANT
    HOTools - HOUnityLibs

6. Administrator

SONB: Implementing UNDO was pretty simple once one reads up on it. There is a good script on the wiki. I think someone in this thread has linked a script as well (wiki as well?). If you're stuck on UNDO's, pop me a line, and I'll dig out my implementation.

7. Posts
    Thanks NomadKing
    I hope this gets finished as soon as possible. We shall finally tackle the ingame stuff now

Izitmee: yeh it's really weird. I always see and play other games and think "oh boy that fits our game, as well"
    Really dangerous to overthink everything. Still wondering if you can place journeyballs on the stores before any of my countless endeavours
    Last edited by Acumen; 04-09-2012 at 08:32 AM.
    2D Infinite Runner Toolkit - feature complete and easy to use package
    2D Physics Puzzle Kit - Incredible Machine gameplay within Unity

My portfolio: www.acumen-design.de/blog - Contact: fabi@acumen-design.de

Once killed a thread by posting in it in size 1

8. Location
    Rome / Niš
    @Little Angel: the undo script you're referring to should be the one I put in there (EditorUndoManager - it's the only one I could find, so I suppose you're referring to that), and I'm not saying this as a "look! I did it!", but so I can state that implementing a fully working undo system, which works well also with sliders and textfields, was not easy at all, since Unity's documentation is - as usual, especially with editor stuff - seriously lacking ;P (it's a few lines of code, but understanding which lines of code were the right ones was kind of messy)

@Acumen: Ah! Now that it looks like a challenge I'll definitely try
    Last edited by Izitmee; 04-09-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Added another parenthesis

I am DEMIGIANT
    HOTools - HOUnityLibs

9. Posts
    First one to release needs to send secret build, first
    2D Infinite Runner Toolkit - feature complete and easy to use package
    2D Physics Puzzle Kit - Incredible Machine gameplay within Unity

My portfolio: www.acumen-design.de/blog - Contact: fabi@acumen-design.de

Once killed a thread by posting in it in size 1

10. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanzu View Post
    MP-41
    Finished tweaking the Normal maps,here are the results!
    Attachment 32843
    Attachment 32844
    @ivanzu please can you tell me how to reduce (make them fewer) the number of polygons in blender and how to make the normal map ?

11. Pocket Artist
    Whoa,it's been a while since i posted here.Just finished a WoW Style Flag ,,Holder",made in like 30 minutes or so(and the flag itself in 5 minutes,I was in a hurry so I didn't have time to finish all the details on the flag)...practicing my hand-painted texture skills^^

I'm also working on a pack for the Asset Store(not hand-painted of course)...I'll post some pics when I get home.
    Asset Store Content Packs

NEW! UPDATED VERSION
    Medieval Lightsources Pack v2.0
    __________________________________________________ ________________

Portofolio:
    My portofolio 3D Artist

New To UNITY?Orient yourself now!
    Learn UNITY!

12. Location
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderent View Post
    Whoa,it's been a while since i posted here.Just finished a WoW Style Flag ,,Holder",made in like 30 minutes or so(and the flag itself in 5 minutes,I was in a hurry so I didn't have time to finish all the details on the flag)...practicing my hand-painted texture skills^^

I'm also working on a pack for the Asset Store(not hand-painted of course)...I'll post some pics when I get home.
    Wow, looking good. I think your practice with hand painted stuff can be considered a success
    My Twitter: @DavidB_CL
    Check out my Game Development Blog: Devin' with DavidB

13. Posts
    Long time lurker, first time poster >.>
    This is a current build of a small game I'm working on (now working on replacing terrain w/ actual track elements):
    http://www.wright.edu/~anderson.192/

Rings change ships color, which will become the main mechanic once I get the track elements added.
    The ramblings of my blog: Black Unicorn Games

14. Pocket Artist
    @DavidB Thanks!
    It could've turned out much better...it was just half an hour of work.Next time I do hand painted stuffI I will put more time and ,,love" in it.

NEW! UPDATED VERSION

Portofolio:
    My portofolio 3D Artist

Learn UNITY!

15. Location
    Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by athomield View Post
    @ivanzu please can you tell me how to reduce (make them fewer) the number of polygons in blender and how to make the normal map ?
    You would need to make low poly model from scratch that is the same as the high poly one then UV map the low poly one and then select the high poly and then low poly model and then press bake normals.
    Portfolio:Under construction!
    Cartoony Weapon Pack-Medieval-FREE
    New to Unity? Orient yourself now!
    Learn Unity

16. Pocket Artist
    Ok,I'm calling this done!
    *Added some details on the flag and on the ,,flag holder"
    *Cleaned up the model a bit

NEW! UPDATED VERSION

Portofolio:
    My portofolio 3D Artist

Learn UNITY!

17. Location
    Croatia
    Portfolio:Under construction!
    Cartoony Weapon Pack-Medieval-FREE
    New to Unity? Orient yourself now!
    Learn Unity

18. Location
    Norwich England
    @Thunderent: It looks good but it bore's me :P for a handpainted peice I and others want to see something that stands out (in moderation of course) but with the flag bit I would want to see the folds abit better and really push it!

I spent a few mins doing a quick paint over. I love doing folds but haven't spent time studying them properly, so don't copy this :P learn and make yours better.

Anyway heres what i mean:

19. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanzu View Post
    You would need to make low poly model from scratch that is the same as the high poly one then UV map the low poly one and then select the high poly and then low poly model and then press bake normals.
    thanks mate !

20. Posts

Cool

Working on a pedal-bike game and wanted some feedback on it. The bike will have a ragdoll driver and the development has been going slowly since this is my first Unity project. Ultimately I'd like for the biker's legs to pedal in time with the player and for the track to be more dynamic and longer. The wheels also seem to strangely deform on occasion when the game is started up, and the game's lighting engine acts like the wheel only has 8 sides, while checking it out in the editor shows all the geometry is still there.

Any ideas on how to improve the presentation? Suggestions on how to implement common features for racing games in Unity would especially be appreciated. Also, are there any recommended tutorials online for integrating Arduino boards with Unity projects?

The "EasyRoads" plugin is shown as well.