Search Unity

Small WIPs that do not need their own thread (2012)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by cupsster, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecodeartist

thecodeartist

Wow! Looks very nice!

2. HolBol

HolBol

3. Micah_Rogers

Micah_Rogers

Should have saved the psd, would have given you an idea :p

Ok so I started by changing the hue, not too hard... and im sure you know how to do this. But just incase there are two ways to go about this:
    1. Image/ ajustments/ hue and saturation.
    2. (the one I would do) On a new layer choose the colors (browns) you would like, then layer modes/ color. This way you can change each planks color with ease and you can play around with your browns/yellows (dont be afraid to mix)

I then ( on a new layer ) went over each plank with abit of value to seperate them and just lowered the opacity and added a blending mode (not sure wich one)

And the final touch... dum dum dum... color abit of blue and red. What can't see it? Well it's there! on a new layer with the opacity set to 3 to 5ish. Change it up on each plank and change the blending mode to color. (this isn't a must do, but It does make the piece pop) The thing is with this bit is that if you want a warm look only use RED and if you want a cold feel only use blue.
    And remember dash/paint it on places you think it would look best on, dont just fill the the layer with a blue (for instant) and bam im done... because it will pretty much look just the same with a tint...

Heres abit of wood I just did very quickly:
    Its only two planks tiled, but notice the subtle hue diffrence between the two planks...

Hope this helps

Micah Rogers

4. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

I think the blood shouldn't have a specular. Too shiny.

5. DavidDebnar

DavidDebnar

6. ivanzu

ivanzu

Thanks!I was already playing with hue and saturation but always getting wrong color.

7. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Practicing using my tablet with KITTENNS. not amazing but needed a break

8. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I had to look at my own blood for reference...and it is definitely shiny like that..

9. rik338

rik338

Smart!

10. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

As sick as that sounds, I definitely push the envelope :)... hell, I even baked out GI maps for the skin in Mental Ray. And watching a lot of boxing and MMA helps too...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  11. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

LOL cute kitten...

12. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

Well might as well let folks know that we are still working on "Dungeon Legend"... bug hunting currently...

13. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Awesome! been waiting to see it for so long, awaiting its release :) keep it up guys!

Still adjusting :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  14. ivanzu

ivanzu

Very good been waiting really long to hear some news.

15. Blacklight

Blacklight

16. Gorlog

Gorlog

17. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Thats weird, I don't think my blood is shiny, maybe your from Twilight? ;)

18. dragonstar

dragonstar

19. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

LOL no... i hated those movies... but under intense light, blood is also reflective...i am just faking it...

20. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

@charliesamways, You still use windows xp :O your living in the past :D

Im working on a blimp(airship) currently reducing polygon count it was 1008 and is now 780, its for a stock pile im making for a rts i may make in the future, but its going to be aimed at tablets >= ipad. i dont think it will work well tho so proboly >=ipad 2, even that will be a streach :(

$Blimp780pg.png

Also looking at my work(textures and all) do you think i would be good enough to feelance?

21. TehWut

TehWut

Game Development, taken too far!!! :p

22. TehWut

TehWut

Pretty much all of last year was wasted on Projects that 1. Never got finished. 2. were finished but could hardly be considered a game. (Although I have picked up some valuable skills!). This year I want to be different. I want to complete one game each season (took that idea from this forum :p ). Hopefully this will improve workflow and motivation, compared to my dreary FPS dream game projects that barely progressed within months.
    Also, after participating in Ludum Dare 22, I realized how much I could actually get done in a weekend. It surprised me really. I've always been known to work in school better on tighter deadlines! So LD changed my mindset. I hope to do small "weekend projects" that will finally show off all my sweat and blood. These will be simple games so I can finally say 'here is a simple game!". I also hope this will improve motivation. Anyways, here is a quick screenshot from one of my new seasonal games. It is a 2D strategy game!

Everything you see is 2D (except for the placeholder level geometry). I want everything to be 2D, from the enemies to explosions to backdrops.
    It is a strategy game in which you deploy units from your castle in different directions. There are 4 main classes, which each serve a purpose to defend the castle.
    Defender This is what you see here. These juggernauts boast lots of health and huge shields to defend from waves of baddies
    Offenser (Lol). These are the main fighting force. They come in 3 basic forms, close combat melee , medium range gunners, and longe rane grenadiers.
    Supporter They stay back and heal all your crap. They can also summon crazy S***storm demons.
    Commander Unlinke similar games, you only control on main character. You move around to order directions, and you can go and fight stuff yourself. Everything is commaned and taken out in the flesh!

Okay, yes it's for PC so obviously a game like this has no potential except for meager flash game websites. Atleast I will complete something!

23. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

If you just slaped some nice models and textures on the floor then it would look good :D

24. TehWut

TehWut

Lol it's a placeholder but thanks :D

25. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

nah, i cut my hand cooking...

26. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

On purpose! :D

27. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

28. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

We are doing a zombieville 2 sort of style, (animated skinned quads) and it is a final fight style beat em up for android, ios and desktop platforms. We would like to let union have a look at it too. Here is one of the characters you'll encounter. The animation was a 30 second test by scaling the torso bone. Animation production begins properly tomorrow.

Note: this is not a rip off of zombieville 2, it is merely a similar art path. The game itself is different, however there will be multiplayer. Expect some random hippo inspired multiplayer posts looking for help!

We anticipate a release in feb. This isn't our main game we are working on, but something we need to do in order to pay the bills. It is very fun so far though. Props to mika mobile for sharing his techniques.

Bear in mind it was captured with an iphone pointing at a mac, which was running parallels, running windows 7, running 3dsmax. Yes our artist is a mac freak.

http://www.flailingchimp.net/mustafa.mov

Thoughts are welcome!

29. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Looks great, make sure he blinks though, and maby some movement in his mostache :D

EDIT, also i would add a small mark where is belly button would be(onless he is a clone of course :D) becase that shirt is streached alot :) looks great

Hmm maby would waist quads if you did blinking and mostache movement :O

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  30. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

TheNose, i was looking though my portfolio and found a blind conture drawing i did of a watering can i did ages ago, wich i tured into a face when i decided to make a head that is just a giant nose :D:

$TheNose.png

31. tyoc213

tyoc213

Right now in the middle of my first little game for learn unity (a ping pong game)... not much but that is.

32. Ben-Massey

Ben-Massey

Do you have any screenies?

33. Din

Din

Working on my platformer :]

34. Ben-Massey

Ben-Massey

Looks great! I especially like the water and clouds :)

35. hellcaller

hellcaller

learning Zbrush :

36. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Nice looking nipples hes got :D

37. rik338

rik338

Wait you're still learning? to me it sort of looks amazing in it's own style.

38. TheSin

TheSin

Now he just needs a donkey between his legs and a carpet under each arm.

39. Dennis_eA

Dennis_eA

Progress on my High poly model :eek:

40. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

:O looks great :D

41. Dennis_eA

Dennis_eA

Thanks man ! Appreciate it :)

42. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

What is your target triangle count?

43. Dennis_eA

Dennis_eA

There is none! I will use this model for rendering (some artwork for advertising the game etc) and as a base for 2 Low Poly versions:

One model around 6000-7000 triangles, to show it in the game-menu and one ultra-low-poly version for the game itself.

44. marcos

marcos

Impreza?

45. Dennis_eA

Dennis_eA

hehe, I love Subaru (got an Impreza myself) ;)..
    But this car is roughly based on the 2010 Ford Fiesta RS WRC

46. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

I miss impreza :( i like polo tho so ill be happy in 2013. What is your game about?

47. Dennis_eA

Dennis_eA

What do you mean "I miss Impreza"?

Game is called Pocket Gymkhana, so mainly there will be some levels and the player has to drive / drift around :)

I've posted a screenshot of an early build yesterday on this thread ;)
    http://constage.de/shot1.PNG

48. UnknownProfile

UnknownProfile

Let's take a wild guess here...

49. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Impreza are no longer used in Gymkhana(they could be) or WRC due to recent limits loosend to alow for cars that are under 4 meters in length.

50. Dennis_eA

Dennis_eA

There are no general rules for Gymkhana, and 'Gymkhana' is not like a normal ' racing series '..
    Ken Block used Subarus for his first videos, ..go to youtube and have a look ;)

Think this is too much OT now sorry :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.