Unity Community

Page 33 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Victoria Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by charliesamways View Post
    Update:

Locking in this style now, I really like it.
    This one looks the best i think, the latest one you posted dosent look as good sorry
    Maybe you can help me work out how to smooth my planetary gravity!

Quote Originally Posted by hippocoder View Post
    Calm down, you're posting all kinds of nonsense that makes no sense. I suggest you post less, and follow http://unity3d.com/learn tutorials.

2. Location
    US
    Quote Originally Posted by janpec View Post
    Carnotaurus WIP.

Dinosaurs in the medival game? :P

Looks good dude, theres alot of people who would get nit picky about the small details, but I'll try to put my dino nerdness aside to tell you its a great sculpt regardless of scientiffic accuracy. Good job.

3. Posts
    TyrantTR heh no that isnt for medieval game, it is for asset store actually.

4. Posts
    Reworked the original

Your art is really hit-and-miss, this doesn't look very good at all.

5. Location
    New York, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheCoolDude View Post
    Your art is really hit-and-miss, this doesn't look very good at all.
    Not to be rude or anything, But I don't think thats the correct way to talk to people about their work. I think you could have been of alot more help to charlie if you could tell him what is wrong with it. You are correct, It isn't amazing, But still, its always good to give reasons and not be so blunt about it.

Charlie to be honest, I really loved this one the most and I think you should have stayed with it:

Keep it up charlie.

6. Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Worked on my level some more. Changed the lighting, from the all-yellow it was before, to a orange/blue complementary color thing. I think it works quite well. I also made some hanging cloth things (which are still a work in progress) to go with the red flags, and did some more work on the bridge and other minor things.
    Also attempted to make some sort of a fog particle effect, but it's not quite there yet.

I'd like to finish this part of the level this week, and put it in my portfolio, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

7. Location
    New York, NY
    I am working on a 3rd person shooter. I have a screenshot and a developer blog that I'm working on here:

http://sodacanstudios.tumblr.com/

Check it out!

8. Location
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada(Not a fun place)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDuskling View Post
    I am working on a 3rd person shooter. I have a screenshot and a developer blog that I'm working on here:

http://sodacanstudios.tumblr.com/

Check it out!
    What about the miner game and the others? I liked that miner game prototype.
    Cubey - Timing Based Puzzler
    UDS - Unity Debris System(Fracture/Destruction)

My Very Own Unity Tutorials
    http://youtube.com/Jiddabug21

Twitter: LostKeyGames
    Youtube http://youtube.com/LostKeyGames

9. Location
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanneyanen View Post
    Worked on my level some more. Changed the lighting, from the all-yellow it was before, to a orange/blue complementary color thing. I think it works quite well. I also made some hanging cloth things (which are still a work in progress) to go with the red flags, and did some more work on the bridge and other minor things.
    Also attempted to make some sort of a fog particle effect, but it's not quite there yet.

I'd like to finish this part of the level this week, and put it in my portfolio, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Looking very epic still ! I really like the stadium and the lighting.
    Unity 3D Tutorials made easy! http://www.youtube.com/JesseEtzler0

10. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanneyanen View Post

Looking good. The lighting change is subtle, but I think it makes a big difference!
    Designer / Artist / Part Time Coder
    XWired Games || @XWiredGames || @Phil_XG

PC Games: Aftermath || City Living
    Mac Games: Aftermath || City Living

11. Location
    Michigan USA
    Quote Originally Posted by isotakis View Post
    Hi

My first post, and my first work in unity... I'd just like to get some feedback as I have no real experiences in 3d/game

The project is for my graduate study, I'm creating a neighborhood in a virtual city to express a feeling of exile...

tyAttachment 30015
    Haven't been keeping up with the forums lately, so not sure if anyone has responded.
    To me, the feel is very nice from the perspective of the view.
    I like the tiling on the ground and the city in the distance.
    It's a little dark to see the details of the buildings on the sides,
    not that it needs to change it's I cannot really comment on them.
    What I can see is nice.
    Having plants growing out of the pavement seems a little unrealistic to me, at least in the manner seen.
    The sky seems like it may be stretched some, may not be.
    ...we see through a glass darkly...

Game Blog

12. Posts
    well to get back on topic:

I have been reading Color and Light (James Gurney), and have been learning A LOT about painting realistically. I hope this way I can revamp the look of my hand painted textures.

Attached is a still life study based off of a photo. Its not perfect by any means, but I'm certainly getting better at painting with a mouse and keyboard
    Attached Images   

13. Location
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivenb View Post

I have been reading Color and Light (James Gurney), and have been learning A LOT about painting realistically. I hope this way I can revamp the look of my hand painted textures.

Attached is a still life study based off of a photo. Its not perfect by any means, but I'm certainly getting better at painting with a mouse and keyboard
    Wow nice job, you def nailed the colour. Perhaps a bit of texture and you'll be right on the money. I'll have to check this book out at some point, it looks interesting. Thanks for the heads up
    My Twitter: @DavidB_CL
    Check out my Game Development Blog: Devin' with DavidB

14. Location
    Panama
    Some screenshots of my game , there is playable version on the website www.ninjapvp.com

Game Developer/Designer My Portfolio

Infested Land multiplayer zombie game:
    Playable Alpha Build

NinjaPVP Multiplayer action game:
    Website | Playable Alpha Build

My Assets:
    Easy Minimap / World Map Generator
    Ultimate Input (NGUI)
    UI Damage
    cInput Editor Extension with NGUI support

15. Location
    Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivenb View Post

Not bad for mouse and keyboard.You should buy a tablet if you don't have the money for Wacom or you don't use them very often go for genius they are not too bad at least mine works pretty good.
    Portfolio:Under construction!
    Cartoony Weapon Pack-Medieval-FREE
    New to Unity? Orient yourself now!
    Learn Unity

16. Location
    UK, Grimsby
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheCoolDude View Post
    Come on, is criticism a bad thing? I wasn't even being very harsh.
    Everyone needs to chill there nips ^_^ Haha. thanks for the crit eric, harsher the better.. Im literally just experimenting with art styles, I do to prefer the pixel art, but Ill continue and keep my options open.

Thanks for all the freedback guys will be finalizing the pixel art one when im back from holiday and also start another vector one. Hoping I don't fall off the edge of the mountain

I'd like it if Unity folk started being more critique, for example, my latest project I wanted to do 'C-Snake'. Got no critism on that at all, all I got was 'Looks good' when in fact It looked like shite. ^_^ Best to knock people down building them up on false feedback.
    Last edited by CharlieSamways; 02-02-2012 at 01:36 PM.

17. Posts
    Everyone needs to chill there nips ^_^ Haha. thanks for the crit eric, harsher the better.. Im literally just experimenting with art styles, I do to prefer the pixel art, but Ill continue and keep my options open.
    Thanks. To clarify, what I meant with "hit-and-miss" was that some of your game assets and art are really good, and I mean REALLY good. Some of it isn't up to par with your best stuff, however, and it would be a shame to see that stuff bring your portfolio down when there's so much good stuff in there (The planes, for example, your logos and the art direction for POH!). I'm by no means an expert and I'm not better than you at this stuff, but yeah.

18. Location
    New York, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeflako View Post
    What about the miner game and the others? I liked that miner game prototype.
    Most of those were just prototypes, but the mining game I would really love to expand upon.

I make alot of little games, but after all of them I usually get better things that I would like to expand upon more.

But I will probably expand that cave/miner game. But I was held back because of my current skill. Perhaps I will go back when I learn some more.

19. Posts
    im just posting so this thread doesn't have 666 posts

oh and nice art direction hjupter. If I may give one crit, it is that your ground textures aren't scaled to your grass, and your colors are too random (look at the grass blades and the tree green), but that should be pretty easy to fix.

Thanks for the tip ivanzu I'm looking around for a good tablet, so ill check out your recommendations.
    Last edited by bgivenb; 02-02-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Page 33 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast