Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

SFS2X Beginner Video Tutorials

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by jake-gr, Jan 2, 2012.

1. jake-gr

jake-gr

[Channel] [Playlist]
    Code (csharp):
    3. This is a video series that will be going over the basics of connecting and using SmartFoxServer 2X within Unity.
    4. If you have suggestions or requests for future videos, please let me know in this thread or comment on YouTube.
    6. The latest video will be displayed here, if you would like to view older videos, click the Channel or Playlist link below the player.
    8. I have recently changed the structure of the videos to a separated episodic approach. This means that the videos will no longer build upon previous ones, this will allow me to create more viewer-requested content. In the case of multi-part videos (where they do build upon other videos) it will be notated in the video title and description.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  2. zOrigin

zOrigin

Hi Jake-GR

The link above just takes me to an image, maybe this link is the correct one?

3. jake-gr

jake-gr

4. jake-gr

jake-gr

Video 003 is out, here I go over the optional Config File for SmartFox, as requested by a user.

So if there are parts you would like to see, please feel free to post here, over on the SmartFox forum, or directly in the comments on YouTube.

5. bfbc2jb

bfbc2jb

can you do a tutorial on synchronizing player movement with other players on the smartfox server?

6. jake-gr

jake-gr

Video 009 is out!

It has been some time since I have made a video, and truly apologize for this. With this delay, I am having to relearn much of what I have done before, so with the new "episodic" approach, I will be going over some of the basics first.

At first I decided not do the "basic" videos, such as installing and configuring because those were available as official videos from gotoAndPlay(). After many comments and emails, I have decided to make some of these more basic videos and not rely on theirs.

And as always if you have any questions, comments, or concerns you can leave them in the comment section on YouTube, reply here, or send an email to jake@genesisrage.net

*I will also be recreating this thread with a more appropriate title in the near future. Unless there is a forum mod that would be able to rename the topic to the title of the first post "SFS2X Video Tutorial Series"

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  7. UnityCoder

UnityCoder

Hi Jack,

Thank you very much for creating such a usefull video tutorials of sfs with unity for beginners. Any plan to make a small multiplayer game or prototype for a beginners?

8. jake-gr

jake-gr

After I learn more about using the two together, and get a strong base I would like to make something like that.
    First goal is to make the videos with the information that ppl can use to make their own, then I might have a seperate series with a project download.

As for a expectation on when, I wont be able to get to that for a while.

9. jake-gr

jake-gr

I have uploaded the next video, dealing with the Login Assistant Component that is included with 2.7.0 of SmartFox. This component allows you to easily connect and facilitate the login process using fields from the database!

On a side note I am reworking my site, so all
    Code (csharp):
    1.  links are currently broken, I apologize for the inconvenience.
    3. Also, I have not recreated the thread yet, but when I do I will update this thread with a link to the new one.