Search Unity

Kongregate Upload

Discussion in 'Flash' started by Arowx, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Arowx

Arowx

So I've made a flash game level with the preview version! :)

Generating these files:
    • game.swf
    • unity.swc
    • script.js
    • webpage.html.

Now when I try to upload the files to Kongregate the game.swf first then try adding the swc and js files they don't work, nothing appears in the game preview.

Can anyone with more Flash/Kongregate experience help?

2. tripknotix

tripknotix

im not entirely sure, but i think the unity.swc is just for when you compile, they put it in the folder so that when you want to compile the game.swf, it wont come up with errors, because the unity.swc carries the library definitions.

3. Unknown86793241

Unknown86793241

Can you do that with the developer preview?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  4. Lucas Meijer_old

Lucas Meijer_old

yes, you're allowed to use the generated games from the preview for whatever you want. It seems the kongregate upload system is not equipped yet for the kind of swf's that the developer preview outputs I know they've been able to manually get one game going, maybe you can ask them for some assistence. please mention your game was made with unity so they know what you're taliking about.

5. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

To clarify; game portals will only need your swf. The swc is for Flash embedding development purposes and the JS + HTML are normally generated by the portal.

6. ProtonOne

ProtonOne

I just tried uploading a unity built swf to Kongregate and am also getting a blank game preview.

Even just a blank scene with only a camera is unable to run on Kongregate.

The only thing I see in flashlog.txt is:
    Code (csharp):
    1. Warning: AllowScriptAccess='never' found in HTML.  This setting is ineffective and deprecated.  See http://www.adobe.com/go/allowscriptaccess for details.
    2. Warning: Ignoring <site-control> tag in policy file from xmlsocket://75.98.92.206:5222.  This tag is only allowed in master policy files.
    3. Warning: AllowScriptAccess='never' found in HTML.  This setting is ineffective and deprecated.  See http://www.adobe.com/go/allowscriptaccess for details.
    4. Warning: Reference to undeclared variable, 'loop'
    It also makes the game width and height zero. It isn't just hidden though, if I change the size via firebug there is a "Fatal error: null" in the top left corner.