Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

The Creation Of Adam

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by TylerPerry, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Chris Aoki

Chris Aoki

There's nothing sub par about your models, you just seem to be at the moment stuck on one kind of art style. As someone who would work as a freelance artist, you'd be expected to be able to draw all things in all styles (realistic, cartoony, sci-fi, nature etc.) these things will come with more experience. Honestly your 3d stuff is better then a lot of the stuff I've seen posted in the WIP. You should definitely finish your game, you might want to consider making it kind of like a zelda top down isometric, which is what I thought it was when you first showed your screen shots.

2. The_Peace_Maker

The_Peace_Maker

soo are u are u going to finish off this game or are u going to give up?
    because there is not point in attempting anything if you are gonna give up so soon it kinda pointless
    and if u are giving up remember why u started the game and the dreams u had about it
    if i where u i would try my best u also wanna become a freelancer use this game as a guild to people so they can see what there hiring not some one that gives up as they can see this in this project and how far u got
    so if someone like me was to hire u i would take a look at this thread and see your a person that gives up
    in real life its basically the same u hand your resume and it has what your skills are and in some cases there may be lies on the paper so u would look up the person like there fb page and see what the person is like
    so u think if some one was to hire as a freelancer u think they would Google u?
    and they may just end up in these forum page and see u have given up!

that come up alright xD??

3. The_Peace_Maker

The_Peace_Maker

double post

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  4. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

I may get back to this game one day, one good thing is i have the same name as a famous guy (Tyler Perry) so a Google search would come with no results of me :D but Titanty comes up with my profile first so that’s not so great.

Anyway there are a few factors that made me indefinitely cancel this game is it’s been around to months in development and still has a long way to go and is miles behind schedule, i think this game will have a more niche market then my game that I’ve been working on now (top secrete :D) and control schemes for touch screens aren’t so nice.

One thing, I think it’s worth trying loads of things even if they don’t get finished as it gives a lot of experience. I think a developer would prefer to see a discussion that the game is canceled then to see it going way over its time budget and not making a good return(look at all the AAA games that get cancel)

5. TheCasual

TheCasual

Hmm, when asked of any accomplishments ... you cant reply with incomplete ... or cancelled.

I have been using unity only about a year or so casually myself, and after a few fool around go no where attemps, have decided its time to up the game. This game will get completed, and is not being treated just as a learning example, no matter how good or bad it turns out to be. At some point, good or bad, if complete, = brownie points.

You should stick it out , finish it up , even if that requires, cut , cut and cut some more .... it happens , look at EA Games.... haha.

:D

6. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Ive already made a game it is called "Tank Town" and is for Android and is on kongregate, my game before this was "Ruku the wiz" wich is on kongregate, these dont show my skills though.

although they do show how far ive came these games, ruku the wiz was relesed on the the 16th of july last year and Tank Town was relesed one month later.

And when i made ruku the wiz i had no idea how to program and i learnt when i made Tank Town, not to mention my bad art skills then :D

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  7. MADmarine

MADmarine

Actually, if you ever get the chance to speak to any game devs, most of them will tell you that there are far too many people with large amounts of unfinished projects. In professional game development you may be on one project for years at a time. Employers need "finishers", people who have passion, drive and self motivation. You'd be better off showing one finished and polished game that took you way longer than it should have than 4 unfinished projects.

8. Wolfos

Wolfos

Agreed, major respect for the people who finish things.

9. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Maby but its still not an option for me :( i need new hardware soon, my computer will likely not see another birthday so spending more then i have isent an option.

Sorry guys but i doubt i would become a profesional game dev if my computer falls to pieces and i cannot aford another :)

10. tonyd

tonyd

Your project, your decision, but...

If Shigeru Miyamoto had listened to his critics, there wouldn't be a Donkey Kong.
    And without Donkey Kong, Nintendo would have likely gone bankrupt.
    And without Nintendo and the NES, the current video game market would not exist.

Just something to think about.

11. mythicgamming

mythicgamming

wow looks very nice. good luck. how far are u allready cause i just realized las post was from december

12. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

I cancelled it months ago. It may get a reboot but probably not for a lot of months.

13. virror

virror

I hope it will be reborn sometime, looks very nice i think.

14. XavLar

XavLar

What was the 3D modelling program you used in this project? and do you plan to keep working on it?

15. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

I used Wings3d for the models and PhotoShop fro the textures. Yer i intend to keep working on it once I finish a game i'm making (it shouldent take too long).

16. Alismuffin

Alismuffin

The crossbow on the first page looks wicked man!

17. nofosu1

nofosu1

Dude, i would love to see the game reborn, i think you should see it through the end. Regardless of the results, you would have learnt valuable things. Plus i think your models are awesome, like Alisman says, that cross bow model looks wicked, and because of you, i am going to buy me a tablet pad so i can hand paint my own textures.

Never give up friend.

18. bigmisterb

bigmisterb