Search Unity

Quality Settings and Flash Port

Discussion in 'Flash' started by Deleted User, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

It appears that at least some of the Quality Settings are not being ported to Flash -- specifically anti-aliasing, and maybe anisotropic filtering and texture quality. Can someone from Unity clarify whether these settings are intended to eventually be supported? Or is this just the state of the art in Flash 3d right now?

2. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

It seems like all the textures are in jpeg format which seems to suck ass (looks like 16 bit textures is not working).

Are you sure your default quality is set to fantastic?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Fairly sure it is set to fantastic. I set it to "Fantastic" in the inspector (Green = default for that platform now) for Flash, unchecked every other option. Then I also put this into an Awake(), just to be extra sure:

Code (csharp):
    1. QualitySettings.currentLevel = QualityLevel.Fantastic;
    2. QualitySettings.masterTextureLimit = 0;
    3. QualitySettings.anisotropicFiltering = AnisotropicFiltering.ForceEnable;
    Have you been getting anti-aliasing to work?

4. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Yeah it doesn t seem to be working

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'd like to bump this thread and add some info. Below are two images. First one is from the Editor -- Quality = Fantastic. The second one is the result of a Flash port -- Quality = Fantastic. At this point I am primarily concerned about the anisotropic filtering.

From Editor, Quality = Fantastic:

From a Flash Port, Quality = Fantastic:

Note that the texture on the road in the bottom (Flash) image looks terrible. It appears that anisotropic filtering is not being ported to Flash. Can someone from Unity please clarify whether or not anisotropic filtering is planned to be added to the Flash port? I can not release my game looking like this. If this is the best it will get for Flash, I need to dump Flash and change my business plan.

I tried tweaking MipMap settings (Kaiser filtering vs. Box, etc.) but nothing helps enough. This is not a problem for Angry Bots since the camera is high above everything.. but it is not acceptable for low cameras.

Thanks for your help!
    Shawn

6. Lucas Meijer_old

Lucas Meijer_old

Hey Shawn, we're investigating.

7. J_P_

J_P_

I'm seeing similar behavior -- tried allowing only one quality setting for Flash, and changes to that quality setting still don't show up in the Flash build.

Is there a certain preset setting that DOES have an effect for Flash builds? Seems Fantastic and Good are no good, but I'd be ok for now if I could find one that works so I can edit those settings. Might be what is keeping me from getting framerate capped at 30fps (Application.targetFrameRate has no effect).

8. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Same here, no antialiasing in Flash

9. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Yeah I could make my game look better if we had these things

10. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

Both QualitySettings and targetFrameRate have no effect in this build; this will be better in the next.

11. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Will there be a new build before the contest ends?

12. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

We don't have an ETA yet; my best advice would be; don't count on it.