Search Unity

Ragdoll Fun meets Flash!

Discussion in 'Flash' started by jakehaas, Dec 24, 2011.

1. jakehaas

jakehaas

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to share a small game I've manged to get ported over to flash with very little problems.

UPDATE: Now includes a Singularity Bomb! Thanks drJones! See new picture:
    (You may have to clear your browser cache to see the new picture, or see changes in the game)

http://jakehaas.com/RagdollFun/RagdollFun.html

Have fun!

On a side note: Linux users are now able to enjoy 3D goodness right in their browser! I was able to play this at full speed on my Linux box using the newest Debian and flashplayer-nonefree.

Jake

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  2. RingOfStorms

RingOfStorms

Pretty fun distraction from what I'm doing now ^_^ I started getting huge fps lag after I clicked each one of the guys like 20 times each and it was trying to spawn in all the physics bodies.

3. jakehaas

jakehaas

Yeah, it will do that. :p I'm considering putting a limit on how many active ragdolls can be drawn at the same time.

4. bigcatrik

bigcatrik

One (green) got caught in the corner and another (goober) got stuck under the right wall.

5. jakehaas

jakehaas

Yeah, their colliders will sometimes go through the wall, not sure if there is anything I can do about it.

6. Pulov

Pulov

Hi, oops seems that does not work on my tablet. Asus transformer running android.

7. jakehaas

jakehaas

Have you tried running other Unity flash games on it? Also, I doubt it has the newest version of Flash with Stage3D which is needed to view Unity flash games.

8. Hoff

Hoff

If it is flash, why is it using the Unity player and not the Adobe player?

BTW, you have to hit ENTER like 20 times for it to take effect. This is on a macbook pro

9. jakehaas

jakehaas

It's flash for me, I mean I did build a .swf after all :p

You have to click in the Flash player to make it active before it will register the enter button.

10. jakehaas

jakehaas

Added picture for those too lazy to play it. :D

11. Hoff

Hoff

Yes it is an SWF, but it still requires the unity player, why?

12. drag0nsphere2

drag0nsphere2

It doesn't require it for me. I just ran it on a computer without the unity player and it worked fine.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  13. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Work fine!

Have you used "OnMouseDown" when click on a 3d object? Because it don't work in my project.

14. jakehaas

jakehaas

It does not require the Unity web plugin (thats the point of building as flash ;) ). It does however require the newest version of Flash with Stage3D technology.

Nope, I use Input.GetMouseButtonDown. If OnMouseDown continues to not work for you, you could always use Input.GetMouseButtonDown and a raycast to see if a user clicked on something.

Jake

15. jessee03

jessee03

How did you manage to get audio to work if I may ask ? For some reason non of my audio works with my flash projects :/ not sure if unity needs a special file type for audio.

16. jakehaas

jakehaas

I believe I read somewhere that flash only supports .mp3 files. All of mine where .mp3 to begin with, so they worked right out of the box.

I also updated the explosion particle effect to use the new system. If you make an explosion on the wall however, it looks like its clipping. Is there any way to fix this? (BTW, if you viewed this before you may have to clear your browsers cache to see the changes, I did.)

17. jessee03

jessee03

hmmm my files are all mp3 as well. Unless I need different settings. The audio works fine in the editor but not in the flash player

18. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Thanks you for the help!

19. Hoff

Hoff

I know that, I have Flash 11, and it did not load it the first time.

20. jakehaas

jakehaas

Well that's odd...

21. Hoff

Hoff

Yep, it only seems to have happened on the first click though, any attempt after that results in just the Flash 11 player. It might just be one of the many bugs in Flash, who knows

22. jakehaas

jakehaas

I have updated Ragdoll Fun to include a Singularity Bomb, thanks drJones!

23. Pulov

Pulov

Nope, this is the first attemp trying to use unity flash on the tablet. And probably you're right about the flash version.

24. jakehaas

jakehaas

Yeah, unfortunately I doubt Unity Flash will run on tablets any time soon. :(

25. Hoff

Hoff

Native Flash from Adobe doesn't even perform well on them, Flash sucks and is being phased out by Adobe anyway