Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HDR, Bloom, and Depth of Field?

Discussion in 'Developer Preview Archive' started by Jaimi, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Jaimi

Jaimi

Is HDR only available when using Bloom and DOF? I hadn't planned to use Bloom, and the new DOF seems, well, completely unusable for me. (I'm sure it will work for some, but for a 3rd person game, the old 3.4 version is much more suitable).
    It seems to have no effect on my scene unless I have Bloom on the camera...

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

What do you expect to happen with hdr and isn't happening?...

3. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

HDR should be available with zero image effects. Are you saying that DOF doesn't work properly with HDR? There might be a bug in the image effect chain when using HDR, Bloom, and DOF together. If so, file a bug report with a repro case as this is part of what this public beta is all about.

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

The HDR DOF is doing weird glitches even on its own, I am assuming it is a known bug.

5. Jaimi

Jaimi

What I would expect to see is brighter light areas, and more contrast. And I do see this if I use bloom (you can see the difference toggling the HDR on the cam). But otherwise not. Perhaps it is because I've loaded a 3.4 project, and something "just isn't right" (I reimported the standard assets though). Or perhaps that's the way it's supposed to be.

Turning it on when you have the new DOF effect seems buggy - the whole front "unfocused area" is completely washed out, and there is a bright white line where the focus is.

6. Jaimi

Jaimi

Yes, DOF doesn't work properly with HDR. In fact, it doesn't work properly at all. I can file a bug, but is it still useful if I can't attach the project? (it's 5.8 GB).

7. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

A detailed bug report without a repro is still better than nothing, but it would be much appreciated if you could provide a small project that reproduces the bug.

8. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

That will come from using slightly different lighting and tonemapping. It's more about having more data to work with than looking different.

9. Jaimi

Jaimi

Ok, thanks. I was lumping it all together.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011